Author Topic: The top 5 Tavernas  (Read 38616 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
The top 5 Tavernas
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »
ok, all you Stan Sefa regulars, Tavernas are high up in the holiday needs/requirements [ especially me  ;D].
As the "season" is fast approaching how about providing, for we first timers, your definitive top 5 eateries

Thanks

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The top 5 Tavernas
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »
Not a top five but here are what we loved from last year but not in any particular order. All have there own merits. Also it deosn't mean any of the others are no better.
Ozzy Oils- lovely outdoor setting and was new last year
Zorbas - great food and dancing as well.
Little Prince - great food and dancing as well.
Olympia - Great food and made to feel very welcome as usual by Stelios.
Barras- lovely food and very reasonably priced as well.
Sunset Taverna - lovely setting and lovely food.
Yiannis - great Spit Roast Lamb - unfortunately he's not in that taverna any more.
Beachcomber - didn't go last year to this one but they offer something a little different and the views overlook the beach.
Terseas - BBQ night with Greek dancing - great entertainment and lovely food as well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:28:24 PM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
Ours go something like this:
Zorbas - great food, great staff and dancing as well.
Olympia - Nice to eat as a special night out for a family meal.
The Paradise - Always always made so welcome. Great boys and family run.
Condor - well it keeps the kids entertained while we have a snack
Not forgetting Stami's Town Pizza. made to order any style you want. eat in take away.

We are a family of 5 with kids from aged 5 to 12 so have to accomodate all.
On saying that we have been taking the kids to SS for years, the youngest 5 will be on his 6th visit this year.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »
Ours go something like this:
Zorbas - great food, great staff and dancing as well.
Olympia - Nice to eat as a special night out for a family meal.
The Paradise - Always always made so welcome. Great boys and family run.
Condor - well it keeps the kids entertained while we have a snack
Not forgetting Stami's Town Pizza. made to order any style you want. eat in take away.

We are a family of 5 with kids from aged 5 to 12 so have to accomodate all.
On saying that we have been taking the kids to SS for years, the youngest 5 will be on his 6th visit this year.
Its become like a family tradition for you. At least you already know what will be there for you and that you will not have any worries about the kids being safe and having a great time
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »
Jules, thats the exact reason for returning year after year.
We did a spanish island one year and hated it. Don't do throwing towels on sunbeds. Not my scene.

zoe

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
have to say i agree we wont do the towel on sunbed thing it makes my blood boil when you get people put ther towel on a bed at 7am and then go off for the day come back at 3 and sit on it for an short time and then get up and go i dont know if we have been lucky but they dont seem to do that in greece like in spain a farmer roy goes to lost his temper as all the germans put there towels out every morning at 6am so he went down and threw 5 of the towels in the pool someone saw him and he nearly got thrown out the hotel

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
have to say i agree we wont do the towel on sunbed thing it makes my blood boil when you get people put ther towel on a bed at 7am and then go off for the day come back at 3 and sit on it for an short time and then get up and go i dont know if we have been lucky but they dont seem to do that in greece like in spain a farmer roy goes to lost his temper as all the germans put there towels out every morning at 6am so he went down and threw 5 of the towels in the pool someone saw him and he nearly got thrown out the hotel
Would have been worth it though. When we stayed in Rhodes people put there towels out early doors but at least they still used them for most of the day. Thank goodness it doesn't seem to be the thing to do in San Stefanos.

don

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
Little Prince First night tradition of Sizzling Steak for Sandra to officially start her holiday. I love the very extensive menu, the staff, the dancing and the fantastic welcome.
Ozzy Oils Only ate there twice but cannot recommend the Skippy (meat) Pie and the Salmon too highly. 4th of July will hopefully be a night to remember. Just so looking forward to it.
Olympia Just love the way Stelios and Vasillis let us make our own meal from the starter menu. To sit there with 8 or so starters, fresh bread and a carafe of wine sitting watching the world walk by....Heaven to us!!!
Beachcomber Just offers something completely different eaten in great surroundings. Booking recommended.
Waves again the surroundings, a free show with your food.. If you've been and witnessed the sunset  you will know what I mean!

Stuck to 5 but there are so many  like Perros for their barbecue, Zorbas for dancing and we could go on for ever.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »
Beachcomber -just that bit different and wonderful setting
Nafsika- amazing variety of food and nice atmosphere.
Olympia- brill food.
Ozzy Oils- different menu and Kerry's singing!
Zorbas- great food and good dancing (although we have seen enough really!)

Usually visit Olive Press and Yiannis at least once but then again this year it may be different!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 01:30:20 AM »
This really was a hard one to answer to. But having looked most people have listed the same ones.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:17 AM »
Two Stars - best for value and really good food - never had a bad or average meal there!
Little Prince - Like Don, I also love the very extensive menu, the staff, the dancing and the fantastic welcome.
Beachcomber - It offers something completely different, fantastic Menu and the best meal in 2008 eaten there, Sunset views. Try to book.
Olympia - A real choice menu. A nice ambience, sitting watching the world walk by with great Hosts!
The Sunset Taverna - Wonderful Food, nice atmosphere - Don't miss the Live music duo!! Usually Sat or Sun.

Also - - - - - - - -
We also try to eat at least once or twice at the Olive Press,
Ozzy Oils - comes recommended so on 4th of July will hopefully, it be a great night when we all meet up. Really looking forward to it.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 10:03:04 AM »
Two Stars - best for value and really good food - never had a bad or average meal there!
Little Prince - Like Don, I also love the very extensive menu, the staff, the dancing and the fantastic welcome.
Beachcomber - It offers something completely different, fantastic Menu and the best meal in 2008 eaten there, Sunset views. Try to book.
Olympia - A real choice menu. A nice ambience, sitting watching the world walk by with great Hosts!
The Sunset Taverna - Wonderful Food, nice atmosphere - Don't miss the Live music duo!! Usually Sat or Sun.

Also - - - - - - - -
We also try to eat at least once or twice at the Olive Press,
Ozzy Oils - comes recommended so on 4th of July will hopefully, it be a great night when we all meet up. Really looking forward to it.
4th July is a Saturday - is that the night Ozzy Oils have there BBQ?

zoe

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »
were is the best prawn cocktail in san stef cant stand it myself but roy loves them

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »
were is the best prawn cocktail in san stef cant stand it myself but roy loves them
3 really good places - -Beachcomber Bistro - - Paradise - - Sunset
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »
thanks for that he says he will have a try in each one

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni