Author Topic: Go Greek in the UK  (Read 10318 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Go Greek in the UK
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »
No double entendres perleese ::)

It's a gorgeous weekend,should I dress rehearse my hols? cold meats,dips, vine leaves,roast peppers and aubergines,salads, crusty bread etc washed down with Domestos :) or something warm like pastitsada...or grill lamb chops accompanied by chickpeas in cumin [ no double entendres perleese Tony ]

or some baked mackeral...hmmm starting to salivate...off to Tesco's

Have a great weekend and dont forgot....COME ON THE LIONS!!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Go Greek in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »
Whatever you choose I am sure will be delicious. Personally I would go for all the cold stuff today. Lovely and fresh. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
I have 6 cans of Mythos in the fridge and it's sunny here too. I've got the the important bits!!!! No unwelcome double entendres  here either!

A blonde walked into a bar and asked for a Double Entendre so the bar man gave her one!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:38:04 AM »
I have 6 cans of Mythos in the fridge and it's sunny here too. I've got the the important bits!!!! No unwelcome double entendres  here either!  WHY NOT??

A blonde walked into a bar and asked for a Double Entendre so the bar man gave her one!!!
You are wrong - That bar man was me!! but I gave her two!! (well I am frisky & today!!),

Been a good day - great weather, we had a lady fly over from Dublin today to view our litter of Miniature Schnauzer Puppies as she is looking for a show dog, we dined Alfresco for lunch, french stick loaf sandwich, with a bit of salad and a cider for a change!!
We decided to have an indian takeaway tonight - superb! - from our local www.Achari.co.uk, voted one of the top 10 Indian restaurants in the UK, very nice!!
I had Shaslick chicken and Linda had Tandori chicken massala, with all the bits.

We are having a BBQ tomorrow afternoon, with Carole & Alan and Daughter Heather, as well as our Son Mark & Rita & grandson Kyle, All will be in San Stefanos with us, so its a test run with;
Taramasalata, Tazaki, as starters - - chicken kebabs, olives feta salad, greek wine and cans of Mythos!! (also doing porky white sausages, meatballs corfu receipe, and the usual french bread etc.), we are not sure which dessert to have yet!! - any suggestions?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:43:01 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:11:52 AM »
I have 6 cans of Mythos in the fridge and it's sunny here too. I've got the the important bits!!!! No unwelcome double entendres  here either!  WHY NOT??

You are wrong - That bar man was me!! but I gave her two!! (well I am frisky & today!!),

Been a good day - great weather, we had a lady fly over from Dublin today to view our litter of Miniature Schnauzer Puppies as she is looking for a show dog, we dined Alfresco for lunch, french stick loaf sandwich, with a bit of salad and a cider for a change!!
We decided to have an indian takeaway tonight - superb! - from our local www.Achari.co.uk, voted one of the top 10 Indian restaurants in the UK, very nice!!
I had Shaslick chicken and Linda had Tandori chicken massala, with all the bits.

We are having a BBQ tomorrow afternoon, with Carole & Alan and Daughter Heather, as well as our Son Mark & Rita & grandson Kyle, All will be in San Stefanos with us, so its a test run with;
Taramasalata, Tazaki, as starters - - chicken kebabs, olives feta salad, greek wine and cans of Mythos!! (also doing porky white sausages, meatballs corfu receipe, and the usual french bread etc.), we are not sure which dessert to have yet!! - any suggestions?

How about some Greek Yoghurt and Honey or maybe if you can find a baclava type sweet
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:48:20 AM »

How about some Greek Yoghurt and Honey or maybe if you can find a baclava type sweet
Good idea - greek yoghurt & Honey - shame our yoghurt, is not as good as the San Stefanos Yoghurt!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:01:16 AM »

Good idea - greek yoghurt & Honey - shame our yoghurt, is not as good as the San Stefanos Yoghurt!
I believe Aldi do a line in Greek food.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
A nice easy meal this one, - buffet, not particularly Greek- consisting of lamb kofta's,Salami and chorizo.
Fried courgette and aubergine in pasata sauce with stuffed vine leaves,lemon and rosemary new potato's,grilled peppers and garlic mushrooms,tzaki [ sp?]and asaparagus in lemon/oil oh and Greek Salad obviously
Retsina for me
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:59:40 AM by Zimmer »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
A nice easy meal this one, - buffet, not particularly Greek- consisting of lamb kofta's,Salami and chorizo.
Fried courgette and aubergine in pasata sauce with stuffed vine leaves,lemon and rosemary new potato's,grilled peppers and garlic mushrooms,tzaki [ sp?]and asaparagus in lemon/oil oh and Greek Salad obviously
Retsina for me
Would just have to leave the Retsina. Stuffed Vine Leaves are gorgeous - I always have them at some point on holiday.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:00 AM »
Retsina for me
Would just have to leave the Retsina. Stuffed Vine Leaves are gorgeous - I always have them at some point on holiday.
We love them as well!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
Retsina for me
We love them as well!!
And stuffed tomatoes - I love them even more. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »
Retsina for me
We love them as well!!
Manthos Mum made the best we ever tasted - sadly no more - but not bad there stll!

don

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
Retsina for me
We love them as well!!
Manthos Mum made the best we ever tasted - sadly no more - but not bad there stll!

Is that because you ate them all?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:00 AM »
Retsina for me
We love them as well!!

Is that because you ate them all?
No - it's because I stuffed them!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni