Author Topic: Do you miss the kids?  (Read 13607 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Do you miss the kids?
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
It's been 30 years since we took a holiday without any,no doubt when we do the thing we'll talk about will be them ::) The youngest probably wont come with us after this year,beside's he's not a child anymore.But I still miss things like sand castles etc, it would look stupid a 58 year old building sand castles :D,theres no doubt when you take kids the dynamics of the holiday change,I wonder what it'll be like when it's just two of us and will it be as good?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Do you miss the kids?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »
It's been 30 years since we took a holiday without any,no doubt when we do the thing we'll talk about will be them ::) The youngest probably wont come with us after this year,beside's he's not a child anymore.But I still miss things like sand castles etc, it would look stupid a 58 year old building sand castles :D,theres no doubt when you take kids the dynamics of the holiday change,I wonder what it'll be like when it's just two of us and will it be as good?
Never had kids so can't really comment but can only imagine your priorities will change when away just as a couple. Maybe a bit more freedom from wondering if they are enjoying the holiday and horror of horrors even wondering if they are enjoying there freedom at home with all there mates round having late night parties lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
Never had kids so can't really comment but can only imagine your priorities will change when away just as a couple. Maybe a bit more freedom from wondering if they are enjoying the holiday and horror of horrors even wondering if they are enjoying there freedom at home with all there mates round having late night parties lol!!!!
Now you've got Jules reminiscing over her misspent youth! What's next Confessions of a Tony? I can see it now..........."Tony the Speedo years!"

zoe

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
this will be our 4th year with no kids we always say we wont ring home till after  the first week but we only get to day 4 and i have to ring this year our son will be away for the first week on holiday in cornwall with his girlfriend and the second week he will stay with his girlfriends dad we told them they could stay at home but would expect it clean when we got home he will make us text him at work to say we are getting on the plane and to say we are at the hotel its like we are the kids and have to report home but at least he cares

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:21:46 AM »
We have done it with and without the kids over the years.
Not a lot of difference - except - you can keep an eye on the little beggers if they are with you!!
Zimmer  - I don't do sandcastles - only sand sculptures of venus etc!! LOL
Without the kids - just as a couple and we tend to make friends with other couples and have a laugh!
With the kids - much the same really.
Don - the speedo years - no comment!! -
Far too many women in nurses mini uniforms chasing me up the beach to Benny Hill Music (I wish!!) LOL

Only comment really - is if the kids are at home - what are they getting up too!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:28 AM »
Not a lot of difference - except - you can keep an eye on the little beggers if they are with you!!
Without the kids - just as a couple and we tend to make friends with other couples and have a laugh!
Far too many women in nurses mini uniforms chasing me up the beach to Benny Hill Music (I wish!!) LOL

Only comment really - is if the kids are at home - what are they getting up too!!
Precisely!! Just like the advert for yellow pages where the kids have a massive party and franticly start the cleaning only to find a framed portrait with a moustache drawn on as the parents walk through the door lol!!! ;D :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
Zimmer  - I don't do sandcastles - only sand sculptures of venus etc!! LOL

well one of 'em's been married for 4 years,he has more problems than the one whose still at home!.I'm starting to feel a bit concerned that the youngest is getting bored being with people 40 years older ,like us but, like someone said, I'd probably feel more anxious nor knowing what is happening at home...it's not really up to me to keep him amused I suppose

Venus?sorry ???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:27:06 AM by Zimmer »

don

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »

Same as you did mate! Same as you did! And I bet you were a really bad boy! LOL ::)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Do I miss the kids..... ermmmmmmmm NO!! although it was brilliant to be in SS with them when they were teenagers. Love being in SS with partner or alone. It is just a brilliant place to be.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:48 AM »
Do I miss the kids..... ermmmmmmmm NO!! although it was brilliant to be in SS with them when they were teenagers. Love being in SS with partner or alone. It is just a brilliant place to be.
Thought about it agree with lynn, do we miss them - - er "NO"!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »
Maybe not but, precious memories never the less,they arent kids long...I suppose cheaper hols are a bit of a consolation

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 07:22:02 PM »
Maybe not but, precious memories never the less,they arent kids long...I suppose cheaper hols are a bit of a consolation
Aren't not arent! - Deuce I believe!!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
new balls ? lol

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 11:28:45 PM »
No.
They're relatively grown up now (21 and 23). Only thoughts thru' the 2 weeks is (i) Will they remember to put the bin out for the dustmen? (ii) Will the house still be intact when we return? and (iii) have they told any of the neighbours to mind their own business, when they're with their mates in the back garden drinking and playing music until 2 in the morn!
 Going back to their childhood, we used to all go away for 2 weeks as a family, but in the summer holidays, they spent most of the time in Spain at my wife's mums, where she was an expat and we'd go away together for a couple of weeks on our own. So i suppose in those days we had the best of both holiday worlds!

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »

Do we miss the kids on our holidays?  NO. But we still find ourselves saying things like "Wouldn't they enjoy doing or seeing this"

Have been on a few holidays with them + grandchildren enjoyed our time spent with them but needed a rest after the hols.

Just spent this weekend with the family and I have to say we were on New Brighton Beach with the grandchildren and built a very large sandcastle. Very enjoyable it was too.
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni