Author Topic: Royal Mail - Customer service - Hmmmm!  (Read 4440 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Royal Mail - Customer service - Hmmmm!
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
I took the plunge and ordered a new Netbook PC, mainly to take on holiday for email and checking out my photo's.
I usually take the laptop which is nearly 5Kg with all the bits, while a netbook is just over 1Kg, maybe 2Kg with all the bits.
Much lighter to carry over.
I ordered it and the delivery choice was a 48hr. service by ParcelForce (Royal Mail).
It was collected the following lunchtime according to the tracker, but not due for delivery until next tuesday!
Not good for me as I start Night shift the night previous and need to be asleep.
So I emailed them and asked for delivery by Sat as advertised (48hr).
I even offered to pay an extra fee if required - - -were they the slighted bit interested - no -
no wonder they are going slowly out of business!!

This was the reply;
Dear Tony (me), Thank you for your enquiry.
I have checked the tracking number you have provided and your parcel was collected today 21/05/09.  Due to the bank holiday weekend.  The first delivery will take place between 7.00am and 5.30pm on 26/05/09.
If there is no one available to accept the parcel on this date, a "Sorry we missed you" card will be left giving further instructions on delivery options. Kind regards, Laura Pearson, Parcelforce Worldwide, Customer Service Email Team
What fabulous Customer Service on a "Guaranteed" 48 hour Delivery!!!
No wonder the private firms are getting all their business these days!
Anyone else love the Royal Mail service?

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail - Customer service - Hmmmm!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
Had a mare with Post Office this morning. Ordered some euros on Thursday online for delivery to my local P.O. yesterday. Went in this morning to pick them up and they weren't there. Here comes the public sector 'service' bit: "They've not arrived and No i can't phone the 0845 P.O. number to check where they are!" The guy behind the counter told me to go and check!! Unbelieveable!! So i went home and phoned the P.O. call centre and surprise, surprise the call centre person (who was brill) agreed the guy in the P.O. had cocked up and should've phoned them for me. No need to say But i've lodged an official complaint about my local P.O.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail - Customer service - Hmmmm!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:13:30 AM »
Had a mare with Post Office this morning. Ordered some euros on Thursday online for delivery to my local P.O. yesterday. Went in this morning to pick them up and they weren't there. Here comes the public sector 'service' bit: "They've not arrived and No i can't phone the 0845 P.O. number to check where they are!" The guy behind the counter told me to go and check!! Unbelieveable!! So i went home and phoned the P.O. call centre and surprise, surprise the call centre person (who was brill) agreed the guy in the P.O. had cocked up and should've phoned them for me. No need to say But i've lodged an official complaint about my local P.O.
Unfortunately they have a culture there that thinks they are fireproof and the world owes them a living -
be grateful we even bother to deliver, must have picked this up from MP's!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni