Author Topic: Romanza hotel your views  (Read 6676 times)

Offline JP

• View Profile
Romanza hotel your views
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
Thanks everybody for your answers to my dielma (stilettos or trainers!) looks like trainers win,when returning from a night out back to the Romanza,is there anyone who could come back to me who has stayed at the Romanza recently? 

Offline normareilly

• View Profile
Re: Romanza hotel your views
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »
Hi, I have returned from the romanza on Monday 18th May. How can I help?

Offline JP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »
im not sure if Romanza has air/con? Do all rooms have sea views? I have read on the forum to take a kettle, do you think we will be able to run a tab and pay at the end on c/card? do they exchange travel cheques at the hotel.Was it busy round the pool,is it a very steep walk to the beach?did you enjoy your stay at the Romanza.thanks for taking the time to reply to me   

Offline normareilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »
Hi , Yes they do have air con/heaters available in the rooms for 5euros per 24 hrs. All rooms are facing the sea. Yes you will need to take a kettle, at least you have a fridge in the room so you can buy milk etc and keep it in there.. The staff are flexible so I dont see they would have a prob with running up a tab, although we didnt do that, just paid as we went along. You can change travellers cheques at the hotel,although there is a 2 euro charge, and the rate was better in resort. I think we got about 1.06 here and in the hotel it was 1.10, not a lot of difference, but every little helps !
The pool was quite busy, although we found other pools less busy. One day we walked down to Hotel Athina pool which is 1000m, to find nobody in it, and about 10 people around it. You can use any pool in the resort, although Delfino blu is just for residents.
The hill to the beach we did.once. Walking up, not recommended unless you are fit. Didnt try walking down, think if I had slipped I wouldnt have stopped rolling  until I reached the beach!
Yes we did enjoy our stay, and hope to return to san stef in the future. Didnt really want to come home to be honest. Try Mythica and ozzy oils for meals,. very good. If you want any more help, dont hesitate to ask.

Offline fillwr300

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:14 AM »
I came back this afternoon from ss and the romanza looks a very nice hotel but the hill up to it is a killer and i passed it in a beach buggy lol good luck is all i can say .

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
Thanks everybody for your answers to my dielma (stilettos or trainers!) looks like trainers win,when returning from a night out back to the Romanza,is there anyone who could come back to me who has stayed at the Romanza recently? 
Definitely trainers for the road up hill, and stilletto's for that grand entrance on the soft sand of the beach!! LOL!
Have a good holiday!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline julie49

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »
We are off to Romanza in a couple of weeks, I have a couple of questions too. We usually do SC so not sure what to expect on B&B. Were the towels ok or do we need to take some? Does the linen etc get changed often.  Do they provide toileteries and loo roll?  I know there is a fridge but what about glasses/mugs etc?  Will the restaurant on site accept credit cards?  As we arrive late 10.30 pm at least, will we be able to get anything to eat?  Thanks

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni