Author Topic: Have u ever had any last minute hitches!!!!  (Read 13735 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Have u ever had any last minute hitches!!!!
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »
Last year on our day of travel Roy went to our local paper shop. On his way back home unbeknown to him he had accidently trod in someones dog muck.Dirty owners need locking up!! Of course he walked into the house and I saw it on the hall carpet. Mad panic as he took trainers off outside the door and gave them a clean etc whilst I cleaned the carpet and sprayed it with all sorts. 15 minutes before our taxi was due we did our last minute recce of passports, tickets, money - where's your wallet Roy? The last place I saw it was on our dining room table. Well we searched our house high and low -even rooms he had not been in. Began to think someone had got in and pinched it. I then went outside and low and behold there was the wallet on our gas meter where he must have put it when taking mucky trainers off outside. Good job it was early and before most people were out and about. About 1 minute later our airport taxi arrived. Roy had never felt so releaved.
The last day of our hols at the airport I decided to go to the duty free shops. Have you got some money Roy - Wheres your wallet Roy. Panic again. He had only left it on the ex ray scanning thingy where you put your hand luggage through.
Guess whos in charge of money as well as tickets and passports this year? lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

Re: Have u ever had any last minute hitches!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »
6 years ago roy worked in the morning as we were flying from london and staying overnight in a hotel he didnt do any cows feet we had thought it better to just tidy up round the surgery as i am always getting phone calls from the hospital to say he has been hurt but. someone phoned to say they needed some calfs debudded so he went got to the last one who did a runner roy rugby tackled it and hurt his back he came home and i went to ring the doctors but he told me once he was on holiday it would be fine but no he could walk swim but when we went out for a meal he could only sit for 5 min at a time then had to walk about when we got home he went to the doctors and found he had split a disc had some tabs and was fine after a week

don

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
Last year on our day of travel Roy went to our local paper shop. On his way back home unbeknown to him he had accidently trod in someones dog muck.Dirty owners need locking up!! Of course he walked into the house and I saw it on the hall carpet. Mad panic as he took trainers off outside the door and gave them a clean etc whilst I cleaned the carpet and sprayed it with all sorts. 15 minutes before our taxi was due we did our last minute recce of passports, tickets, money - where's your wallet Roy? The last place I saw it was on our dining room table. Well we searched our house high and low -even rooms he had not been in. Began to think someone had got in and pinched it. I then went outside and low and behold there was the wallet on our gas meter where he must have put it when taking mucky trainers off outside. Good job it was early and before most people were out and about. About 1 minute later our airport taxi arrived. Roy had never felt so releaved.
The last day of our hols at the airport I decided to go to the duty free shops. Have you got some money Roy - Wheres your wallet Roy. Panic again. He had only left it on the ex ray scanning thingy where you put your hand luggage through.
Guess whos in charge of money as well as tickets and passports this year? lol!!!!!!!!!!!
Roy!!!

zoe

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
thats why all the women have the money ::)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
We always meet up with a group of friends on a Sunday afternoon in our local and were there on the sunday before our flight.( 6.30 next morning) I never eat crisps or peanuts or anything in the pub (interferes with the drinking!) But someone offered me a pork scratching and being on my third glass of wine i took one. I heard and felt a crunch and knew i had lost half a tooth. I rang NHS direct but they could do nothing. I e mailed Noula and she was brilliant and said she would take me to her dentist if i needed to go when i got there.... but i was VERY careful about what i ate for the whole time! Getting it sorted was the only good thing about coming home.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
"I told ya did'ni Roy?"

"What did I tell ya Roy?"

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »
the day before we were going to Rhodes a few yrs ago i got a phone call off my daughter , mum don't shout at me but i was running a bath and forgot about it and went back to sleep ,the kitchen is flooded and we have no ceiling
I went home cleaned up phoned the insurance and told them to expect a call when we got back and went on holiday . Almost 1 year to the day she did it again, i was soooo angry with her, once i could deal with ! accidents happen but twice was pushing her luck

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 05:46:49 AM »
Roy - need your Help - we have a RHINO in our local zoo, urgently needs its buds doing,
NOW LETS SEE YOU RUGBY TACKLE THIS ONE !!!!
I have heard of Crocodile Dundee, but you must be COW-boy Roy!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »
all the farmers phone up and ask for roy the foot

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »
1993 - our first holiday in three years - on the way to airport I notice a tiny blister on the upper chest of our 2 year old
"I hope it's not what I think"

next morning - it was! -- Chicken Pox!! kid was quarantined a week obviously,being that age,we had to take turns to stay indoors with him, he was fine [ it rarely has an adverse affect on youngsters]and the local Doc was brilliant, but we also had to have clearance before going home,so it cost a bit and meant a few days out of the sun

don

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »
Roy - need your Help - we have a RHINO in our local zoo, urgently needs its buds doing,
NOW LETS SEE YOU RUGBY TACKLE THIS ONE !!!!
I have heard of Crocodile Dundee, but you must be COW-boy Roy!! LOL

Roy Rogers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carry on on your own!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 04:09:13 AM »
Roy - put that cow down and hot-foot it to Corfu!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
On one occasion I "forgot" to tell my gf I was going on holiday to SS. I did of course eventually tell her I was going (I asked her for a lift to the airport) on holiday. Strange to report that there was no lift and she is now an ex gf! Women, just can't undertstand them.
CorfuCol

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
The year I was born is the 1 and only year my mum was in charge of  booking a holiday... that year 2 weeks in the sun ... and as we got tho the airport my mum was mortified to find out that we had turned up a day late for our holiday !!!!  No wonder dad checks and checks the holiday information

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
The year I was born is the 1 and only year my mum was in charge of  booking a holiday... that year 2 weeks in the sun ... and as we got tho the airport my mum was mortified to find out that we had turned up a day late for our holiday !!!!  No wonder dad checks and checks the holiday information
  blimey! you remember being that young? so you started organising holidays when you were two?! ???

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni