Author Topic: Olive Press  (Read 38686 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Olive Press
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 02:25:23 AM »
How about - whoever wins big on the Lotto or Euro-Lotto - treat the other main contributors here to a few crumbs and another SS Holiday!! - Someday - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - maybe!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline love greece

• I LOVE SAN STEFANOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
just wanted to say i too love the olive press a d have eaten there for approx 6years    but will not be eating there this year as simone is no longer there
missing the sun roll on september !!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 02:16:32 AM »
just wanted to say i too love the olive press a d have eaten there for approx 6years    but will not be eating there this year as simone is no longer there
I must say that we are great friends with both Simone and George, having stayed with them many times, over many years.
Unfortunately, in life things happen and people move on, even if that puts others in an awkward position.
We feel that we shouldn't really get too involved and will remain neutral and wish both Simone & George all the best for the future,
whatever path that takes them to & what ever the rights and wrongs of what has occurred, as it's their business, not ours.
Naturally we will see George when on Holiday and will not treat him any differently, and expect our usual welcome.
I am sure we will spend an evening at the Olive press as well & yes - - - we will miss Simone of course, but life moves on.
We would also love to see Simone (the kids),and her Mum & Dad again one day, but who knows if this will ever happen.
However, I am sure we will continue to send her a Xmas Card via her Mum (from now on), as we have done for the past 25 years,
likewise we will send one to George as well, which is all I can really say on this.
We respect your choice, we also understand that if some people are more friendly with Simone than George,
that they will make their own decision on how they view it.

Offline Brisey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »
Very well put Tony. We have been going to San Stef for 11 years now and stopping at the Olive Press for a chat with Simone was a part of our holiday. No doubt we will miss her this year, but we wish her well, and as you say these things happen and life goes on. We wish George continuing success with the restaurant and will have no problem going there for a meal if we so wish.
When i die, i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not terrified and screaming.......like his passengers

Offline love greece

• I LOVE SAN STEFANOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
RE MY COMMENT YESTERDAY THIS WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT MEANT TO UPSET ANYONE OR SWAY ANYONES DECISION SORRY IF ANY OFFENCEWAS CAUSED  :'(
missing the sun roll on september !!!!!!!!!!

don

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
Love Greece I don't think that you have offended anyone. From our point of view we knew and liked Simone and have chatted to her and her parents many times over the years. We have though never met George, well not knowingly! We will give it a try one night but it will seem so strange walking past each day and not stopping for our regular chats. We tend to judge on food quality, then service and welcome together.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:06:26 AM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
RE MY COMMENT YESTERDAY THIS WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT MEANT TO UPSET ANYONE OR SWAY ANYONES DECISION SORRY IF ANY OFFENCE WAS CAUSED  :'(
Hi Love Greece,
I can assure you that no offence was caused at all, please do not think that. I was just offering another angle to it.
We respect your opinion completely, I am sure others that were more friendly with Simone than George will feel the same & vice-versa.
What I was just trying to say, was from our perspective, as we were very friendly with both, that we would remain neutral,
irrespective of what was said or came out from either "corner".
We will miss Simone so much, as my wife especially, went out of her way to have a daily chat with her.
I used to chat with both and often spent time with George, after all we go back many-many years with this couple,
and stayed in their apartments many times as well, we always used to phone annually to check availability,
and were often disappointed to find we had left it too late for our weeks.
But we can't change the situation so life goes on for us in San Stefanos.
You opinion is very important and please continue to post comments - that is what this forum is all about!! ;D :D 8)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
Olive Press not open, although signs of maintenance activity while we were there, so will likely open soon.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »
Olive Press not open, although signs of maintenance activity while we were there, so will likely open soon.
the web site no longer exists

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
Heres the new website which has Leonidas as well.

http://www.leonidasvillas.co.uk/
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 06:17:57 AM »
Heres the new website which has Leonidas as well.

http://www.leonidasvillas.co.uk/
I am sure there's bound to be a few hitches at the start of the season as lots of family life disruption.
However, the word is it will open soon and has additions to the menu!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni