Author Topic: Internet Access  (Read 17147 times)

Offline sanhelp

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Internet Access
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »
we are visiting san stefanos barras appts 22 may - shall I bring my laptop? will I get wifi access anywhere? 
Thanks
Gill

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
we are visiting san stefanos barras appts 22 may - shall I bring my laptop? will I get wifi access anywhere? 
Thanks
Gill

I beleive plenty of WIFI available and also there are 2 internet cafes/ bars
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »
Nothing in Barras, but plenty at various points of the village. Look out for "connex" and "corfunet" connections and perhaps others. Both these are open (no access key required). So bring your laptop - I have used mine lots. (I am in San Stef now).
deemac

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »
Nothing in Barras, but plenty at various points of the village. Look out for "connex" and "corfunet" connections and perhaps others. Both these are open (no access key required). So bring your laptop - I have used mine lots. (I am in San Stef now).
May I ask why? your supposed to be on holiday mun - does your missus mind?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 03:05:46 AM »
I always take mine as well - download my photo's on to it to check if ok,
If I buy a dvd on the beach - check it works and can also play a film if the weather gets bad,
and - check emails, send pictures and usually all in the odd hour in the evening between the shower and going out!!
So why should the "Missus" mind anyway?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »
Ohh...laptop pc's remind me of work,dont digi-cameras do the same thing then? or am I missing something? though, no doubt I'll check out the internet caff...can you buy DVD's on the beach? of what?
I think it depends on how much "quality" time is spent on it that the wife may make a comment on.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 10:27:06 AM »
Ohh...laptop pc's remind me of work,dont digi-cameras do the same thing then? or am I missing something? though, no doubt I'll check out the internet caff...can you buy DVD's on the beach? of what?
I think it depends on how much "quality" time is spent on it that the wife may make a comment on.
Thers a guy who sells "current films" not yet released . He goes round the aprtments as well. Never bought any but have heard they are ok.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
She doesn't mind, she loves sunbathing and I don't. She sits in the sun while I stay in the shade, using laptop. I use an Asus 7" eee pc which is very portable.
deemac

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »
No, my wife is a lizard too, it's ok for me to bored [ I can go for a walk ] but if I went onto message boards in the evenings I doubt she'd be happy but, to be fair,its nice to get away from the net for a while too

zoe

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
i think i would be coming home a single woman if i took the lap top roy puts up with me reading and my i pod but the lap top would be pushing my luck

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »
yeah , zackerly Zoe, I can imagine Myrnas reaction if I went on a Rugby or Dylan site  "your on those places 50 weeks of the year..." yes dear  ::) ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
Thanks
Gill

Yes - We stayed in the Barras and I could not get a strong enough signal there.
They do have internet inside the restuarant at the back.
I used to walk up to the car-hire place, he has a booster there and won't mind you sitting there and logging on if you ask him nicely! otherwise as above.
The WiFi signal for corfunet is on a villa halfway up the hill, you can actually see it from the car hire place.
You can also pick up a signal in the Aquarios Bar (Glens Place).

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 09:45:54 PM »
I have a rather nice Camera as it goes, but until you check the picture on a larger scree, you cannot tell if the photo is fully in focus, or what you wanted - so I find the Laptop a good tool.
I intend to buy a 9" screen Netbook for holiday this year to save lugging the big laptop around.
That way my friends and family can be sent pictures, I can talk free on Skype via webcam,
much cheaper than a phone call (free skype - that is),
and if I buy a DVD from the nice Nigerian Gentleman,
{{said in a Mandella Accent}} "My name is John and I can get you anything"
Ok - I will have the film " XYZABC" {for example} - "I will get it for you tomorrow!!" {yeah! right!}
I picked up a couple of films last year - all of acceptable quality, except one which I gave back, so all
checked & tested on the Lap-top & returned if no good!!

That my friend is why I take a Lap-Top!!
I can never understand why the wife gets upset, she is reading a book,
you are reading a laptop or electrical book. So whats the big deal?

Offline gillydog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
I AM 'the missus' and I say I can do what pleases me!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »
I AM 'the missus' and I say I can do what pleases me!
Yeeaaahhhhhhh!!!  You tell him baby!!!  (and the rest of us I suppose) !! LOL
Welcome!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni