Author Topic: B B Q's and WOMEN  (Read 13907 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
B B Q's and WOMEN
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
BEFORE THE BBQ SEASON BEGINS FOR THIS YEAR  - A FEW GUIDELINES AND TIPS FOR THE MAN OF THE HOUSE
BECAUSE _ THERE IS NO PLEASING A WOMAN!!!
New Standard Operating Procedures released today --  please learn
BBQ RULES We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to
              the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly
              Bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: B B Q's and WOMEN
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »
How true it all is!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:48:02 PM »
How true it all is!
I shall never understand women!!
We do the hard bit - after all!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »
Aaagh BBQ's - in the UK!?  :'( OMG - It's a macho man's opportunity to revert to Stoneage, burnt chicken with raw interiors ugh, missile hardened sausages and black burgers

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »
Aaagh BBQ's - in the UK!?  :'( OMG - It's a macho man's opportunity to revert to Stoneage, burnt chicken with raw interiors ugh, missile hardened sausages and black burgers
So that is the Zimmer way - but I am actually a talented chef and cook them nicely, (even if I say so myself),
I find the best way to do bulk chicken pieces, by the way is to cook them in the Oven first and finish on the BBQ to get the taste!!
That way, no raw meat and they stay moist. My sausages and burgers don't burn and I love to do Shish Kebabs.
The trouble is that the girls don't appreciate the artistry and hard work of the male chef!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
So that is the Zimmer way - but I am actually a talented chef and cook them nicely, (even if I say so myself),
I find the best way to do bulk chicken pieces, by the way is to cook them in the Oven first and finish on the BBQ to get the taste!!
That way, no raw meat and they stay moist. My sausages and burgers don't burn and I love to do Shish Kebabs.
The trouble is that the girls don't appreciate the artistry and hard work of the male chef!!

Groan...no Tone I dont put BBQ's in the cooking class,it's a sort of boy scout playing chef type cooking..great fun on a beach in the sun,but distincly unattractive in a UK back garden

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »

Probbaly having a laugh at your artistry as its the only time men have an artistry streak in them lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »

Probbaly having a laugh at your artistry as its the only time men have an artistry streak in them lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Now Jules Men as well as women in GB have artistry in them................ Look in any town centre on Friday or Saturday at kicking out time! All it takes is a couple of units of alcohol!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »

Now Jules Men as well as women in GB have artistry in them................ Look in any town centre on Friday or Saturday at kicking out time! All it takes is a couple of units of alcohol!
Didn't like to think about the other type of artist lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »
why do bbq always start in the garden and end in the garage with the rain pouring down outside

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:37 PM »
why do bbq always start in the garden and end in the garage with the rain pouring down outside
Thats called typical British weather lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
Artistry !!! what a load of burgers!! and flipping your sausages :o :o :o

I don't think so!!!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:42:18 PM by SueLa »
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
BBQ & Women... think I'll stick to sausages!!

Offline vikki

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
A couple of years ago, we did a BBQ on Boxing Day.  It was great. 6 degrees outside,but lovely and sunny.
We had my brother and his family (he married an Aussie) and her sister and husband (obviously Australian too).
Most people buy snacks and nibbles (no rude comments please!!) at Christmas anyway,so it wasn't as much hassle as it would have been to prepare a meal for 11.

The weather was better than last years summer!!!!

Try it one year,its a good laugh.

Vikki

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:42 AM »
Artistry !!! what a load of burgers!! and flipping your sausages :o :o :o

I don't think so!!!!
I bought a new BBQ a year and a half ago for £75 from B&Q in their November sale, it was reduced 4 times - originally
£440, top of the range 3 x gas burner with griddle and warmer lid.
I clean the gril plates with my power washer and its clean in minutes!!

My BBQ's are v/popular as I spend a good bit of money on quality meat and do a big selection, not too many sausages & burgers!!
Sue - come round and I'll give you a sausage all right!!! LOL - and introduce you to the Burgermaster!!
No burnt offerings from me - I really am an artist in food!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni