Author Topic: Feeling guilty!  (Read 18696 times)

Offline vikki

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Feeling guilty!
« on: May 13, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
Hello everyone

Not been on forum for ages.I feel terribly guilty as although we fell in love with SS last year and vowed to return,unfortunately flights to SS from Luton were incredibly expensive that (what with credit crunch etc..)we are going to Portugal for 10 days, ( with the flights,accomm,) paying slightly more than what we would pay for just the flights to SS.

Will still look on forum to see whats going on in SS.

Also,very disappointed as there is no website/forum for where I am staying in Portugal.

It really helps by loggin on here before you go. I had written down a list of all of the reccommended eateries,and can tell you that we didn't have a bad meal.

So thanks.

Will speak soon. Best Wishes
Vikki

Anyone been to Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve???

don

Re: Feeling guilty!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
Hello everyone

Not been on forum for ages.I feel terribly guilty as although we fell in love with SS last year and vowed to return,unfortunately flights to SS from Luton were incredibly expensive that (what with credit crunch etc..)we are going to Portugal for 10 days, ( with the flights,accomm,) paying slightly more than what we would pay for just the flights to SS.

Also,very disappointed as there is no website/forum for where I am staying in Portugal.

It really helps by loggin on here before you go. I had written down a list of all of the reccommended eateries,and can tell you that we didn't have a bad meal.

So thanks.

Vikki

Anyone been to Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve??? No, sorry but a rough translation is "Under 20m of water. I give my word, that is the roughest translation EVER!  Have a great time. We have always liked Portugal. Unfortunately we then found Greece!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 12:05:43 AM »
No need to feel guilty Vikki. :) SS will wait for you for another time .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
Hello everyone

So thanks.

Vikki

Hmph! Sounds like an axcuse to me

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »
Hello everyone

So thanks.

Vikki

Hmph! Sounds like an axcuse to me
I predict that credit crunch of not - your (Immortal) words will be - - "I'll be back"!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
I went to Olhos d'agua many years ago to stay and it was a beautiful little fishing village at the time. We went with a very small company (it might even have been sun med in th edays that they still existed!) and we had a wonderful time, I was in portugal at easter and drove through ity to get to where i was staying and it still seems lovely. Obviously a good deal more commercial but still not a benidorm or a sidari! I also have friend who teach with me who go back there twice/three times a year and it is their San Stef so i think if you are a ss lover you will enjoy yourself.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
I went to Olhos d'agua many years ago to stay and it was a beautiful little fishing village at the time. We went with a very small company (it might even have been sun med in th edays that they still existed!) and we had a wonderful time, I was in portugal at easter and drove through ity to get to where i was staying and it still seems lovely. Obviously a good deal more commercial but still not a benidorm or a sidari! I also have friend who teach with me who go back there twice/three times a year and it is their San Stef so i think if you are a ss lover you will enjoy yourself.
We often take a second or third holiday elsewhere, just so we know that S S is still the best, and for a change as well!!
Last year was a big one in Feb & March in (mainly) Australia/ a week in Singapore/ 4 days in Thailand,
then San Stef in May, Dalyan in Turkey in October. (Dalyan would probably be enjoyed by all San Stef people)!!

This year - New Bathroom/Toilet in March - big job - major refit - so stayed home,
San Stef in July - nothing else booked yet!
We had a bad experience in Algarve one year in concrete city Praia de Rocha, on the 24th floor of Club Praia de rocha, Tower Block hell.
But open minded - please report back on Olhos d'agua - may try it (algarve) again some time!!
May even re-book san stef - depends on other things - work etc as lots going on!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »
We often take a second or third holiday elsewhere, just so we know that S S is still the best, and for a change as well!!
Last year was a big one in Feb & March in (mainly) Australia/ a week in Singapore/ 4 days in Thailand,
then San Stef in May, Dalyan in Turkey in October. (Dalyan would probably be enjoyed by all San Stef people)!!

This year - New Bathroom/Toilet in March - big job - major refit - so stayed home,
We had a bad experience in Algarve one year in concrete city Praia de Rocha, on the 24th floor of Club Praia de rocha, Tower Block hell.
But open minded - please report back on Olhos d'agua - may try it (algarve) again some time!!
May even re-book san stef - depends on other things - work etc as lots going on!!

Phoa ! wish I was a s rich as you butt :)

don

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »
Now I feel guilty. Budget 4k a year for holidays and then what spends we can grab! Don't drive, don't smoke, walk near on everywhere. No longer drink in pubs, you wouldn't if you did my job!!! Don't try to save but got to spend it somewhere. We try for at least 6 weeks abroad each year as a minimum. It is our only vice!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:29 AM »
"our only vice!"  please qualify this statement ! xx (cos I'm not so sure!)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 12:17:11 AM »

If you ever decide to visit The algarve again try Carvoeiro. We've been there 8 years in a row and going in September; fell in love with the place the first time we visited. Maybe our 1st visit for 16 years to San Stef in 4 weeks time will give us the same feeling about SS!

don

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »
"our only vice!"  please qualify this statement ! xx (cos I'm not so sure!)
It's what I put wood in to hold it secure before cutting it! ALTERNATIVELY I apart from day to day living expenses EVERYTHING else goes on HOLIDAYS. We WASTE nor SQUANDER absolutely no money!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 03:35:43 AM »
Now I feel guilty. Budget 4k a year for holidays and then what spends we can grab! Don't drive, don't smoke, walk near on everywhere. No longer drink in pubs, you wouldn't if you did my job!!! Don't try to save but got to spend it somewhere. We try for at least 6 weeks abroad each year as a minimum. It is our only vice!
We are like you Don, - but with a similar budget maybe - not rich at all - just don't smoke, just a little in the way of drinking, don't go out a lot, do the theatre a few times a year, pictures occasionally, and a few meals out. We almost never go to pubs now-days,
still drive but my diesel car is v/good on MPG, I get free travel anyway and we saved up for the big holiday last year, so holidays are our vice as well.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »
Sorry Don - your money mate you enjoy it, we budget around £3500 for 1 hol pa [inc pm ] ! yes it does seem excessive but we dont skimp, better one great hol than two average ones I reckon - which is why we go on as many excursions as we can,also,we have 1 other [now]adult,who knows a good deal when he sees one ha ha..beside we each have work committments and College terms to consider...when I retire and Alex decides he no longer wants a free hol,we'll probably have a week in late summer somewhere

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »

W

If you ever decide to visit The algarve again try Carvoeiro. We've been there 8 years in a row and going in September; fell in love with the place the first time we visited. Maybe our 1st visit for 16 years to San Stef in 4 weeks time will give us the same feeling about SS!
we went there last June - the Colina apartments,nice enough but lacked something, cant explain,each to his own

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni