Author Topic: Bad news for our forum  (Read 18489 times)

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Bad news for our forum
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
I have found out the reason for the large number of error messages and the missing avatars and it ain't good. Some cyberbastard has hacked our forum and injected code into the files. This means that I need to completly re-install the forum on to the server and set it up again. Once I have done so avatars will be disabled until a software patch is available to remove this vulnerability.

Sorry guys you can keep on posting ftb and hopefully I won't lose all your data? but don't be suprised if we are off line for a few days.

If only I could get my hands on them I would...................well you know!

Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for our forum
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
I have found out the reason for the large number of error messages and the missing avatars and it ain't good. Some cyberbastard has hacked our forum and injected code into the files. This means that I need to completly re-install the forum on to the server and set it up again. Once I have done so avatars will be disabled until a software patch is available to remove this vulnerability.

Sorry guys you can keep on posting ftb and hopefully I won't lose all your data? but don't be suprised if we are off line for a few days.

If only I could get my hands on them I would...................well you know!
Best of luck.
deemac

zoe

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »
do we need to do anything to our computers to keep them safe

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »
Why do people get such pleasure out of doing things like that.
Zoe if I was you just make sure your antivirus is up to date just to be on the safe side. You never know what such people will get up to next. >:(
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 05:27:51 PM »
hi jules antivirus ok why do these morons try and spoil it for everyone they must have very sad lives cant think that they have been anyware near san stef

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
hi jules antivirus ok why do these morons try and spoil it for everyone they must have very sad lives cant think that they have been anyware near san stef
Exactly- they just try to spoil things just for the heck of it and because they can. Indeed they are complete morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »
Exactly- they just try to spoil things just for the heck of it and because they can. Indeed they are complete morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules you do those little Merchant Bankers an injustice............ They are COMPETENT MORONS they have their Idiocy down to a fine art form. I think it is fair to say they have passed their DOPE test with flying colours... Pity they aren't BLACK & BLUE fading over time to a Violent PURPLE  [/color) before fading to a shade only to be described as BILE YELLOW. 
They live up to the stereotype of this day and age... If they want something someone else has they go and steal it....If they don't want it they smash it. Pick up the paper today and two people murdered for asking folk to be quiet. To me exactly the same ME ME ME motivation that too many people in Britain possess!           Rant Over !
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:58:56 PM by don »

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »

Jules you do those little Merchant Bankers an injustice............ They are COMPETENT MORONS they have their Idiocy down to a fine art form. I think it is fair to say they have passed their DOPE test with flying colours... Pity they aren't BLACK & BLUE fading over time to a Violent PURPLE  [/color) before fading to a shade only to be described as BILE YELLOW. 
They live up to the stereotype of this day and age... If they want something someone else has they go and steal it....If they don't want it they smash it. Pick up the paper today and two people murdered for asking folk to be quiet. To me exactly the same ME ME ME motivation that too many people in Britain possess!           Rant Over !
Careful Don, watch the blood pressure at your age.
deemac

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »
well said Don

don

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »

Careful Don, watch the blood pressure at your age.
Checked out yesterday... The Doc said I had the BP of a much younger person.... Must get a cure for this Kleptomania! 8)

don

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »
Wouldn't it show a sense of perspective if we HACKED into him/her?

LILOLIL

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »
I hope its not that nasty piece of work that caused trouble on here before.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »
how completely senseless!

don, you should start a political party. I suspect a lot of us would vote for you! It seems like we all agree with you on the idiot who has done this.(and just think of the expenses you could claim!)

(The rampant yellow ranter party?)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
I hope its not that nasty piece of work that caused trouble on here before.
I was thinking exactly that as well LiloLIL :(

don

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
how completely senseless!

don, you should start a political party. I suspect a lot of us would vote for you! It seems like we all agree with you on the idiot who has done this.(and just think of the expenses you could claim!)

(The rampant yellow ranter party?)

The Monster Rampant Yellow Ranter Raving Loony Party!

Same thoughts as Lilolil & Jules!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni