Author Topic: Respect and Dignity in the Forum!!  (Read 42528 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Respect and Dignity in the Forum!!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 01:10:21 AM »
As the subject title says - respect and dignity should be given to one and all
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
Something my old dad used to say :-

" It's nice to be nice ! "

If something has been pointed out as offensive, unsavoury or even just a little bit off, continuing with it is bad manners. Simple.

Your old dad was a wise man!!

Methinks he would have liked San Stef ... a lot!
Likewise - I think my Parents would have loved this place as well.
My father worked overseas in Singapore for about 20 years, his holidays in the UK were taken in Bognor Regis -
but it lacks the charm of San Stefanos by miles - they really would have loved it!!
I stayed at Butlitz in Bognor once but fortunately formed an escape committee and have luckily avoided recapture for nigh on 40 years!
Likewise - I was 16 went with my best mate at the time, went out in a rowing boat on the boat pond, got my friend to get on the pole on the middle - rowed away - took a great photo - still have it - as I went back to get him - the pole went over in slow motion - LOL
Still good mates though!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 02:17:10 AM »
Dignity  Deacon Blue (out of Steely Dan - great literary device?)
Respect Aretha Franklin

Serious point is that I don't care what race, religion, colour etc If someone treats me ok I treat them ok. If I treat someone Ok I deserve to be treated ok in return. Any bad language used is to me an insult to me. The user obviously feels it is all I deserve. The other way is to feel for someone with a poor vocabulary! It is a sorry indictment of our country when the most used adjective begins in F and ends in ing !
I must confess as a true sports fan to detesting sports Bigots....
That my friend is also my philosophy! It's the only way to fly!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 02:17:42 AM »
As the subject title says - respect and dignity should be given to one and all
Hear-hear!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
I ..er..appear to have ruffled a few feathers , if so I apologise.So, to put the record straight, and not for you to think that I'm some kind of Gordon Ramsey type let me say that I think it's right to respect sensibilities too,in any shape or form and I cant stand people swearing in front of kids either, having said that I'm not going to lie and say Ive never sworn when exasperated or "gob-smacked" - especially when I play golf ;D[ which is miles out in the open spaces ] or when something goes awry at work, so I hope you respect my point of view too.

48 hours to lift off

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »
I ..er..appear to have ruffled a few feathers , if so I apologise.So, to put the record straight, and not for you to think that I'm some kind of Gordon Ramsey type let me say that I think it's right to respect sensibilities too,in any shape or form and I cant stand people swearing in front of kids either, having said that I'm not going to lie and say Ive never sworn when exasperated or "gob-smacked" - especially when I play golf ;D[ which is miles out in the open spaces ] or when something goes awry at work, so I hope you respect my point of view too.

48 hours to lift off
We know everyone has there own point of view - let's all call this one a draw now as we all know where we stand on these forums. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »
I totally agree!! its amazing that one post reminding people to watch their language/innuendos could turn into such an epic.

Closed......
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni