Author Topic: No car is that a problem?  (Read 21093 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
No car is that a problem?
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
 :) Hi all

I am  just wondering is the fact that we (my boyfriend and I ) have not hired a car due to the fact I am a baby of only 20 will there be enough things to do?  I do love lounging by the pool but likewise I do enjoy a good explore.  If you were choosing were would you choose as a top priority of somewere to visit?   
Thanks

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: No car is that a problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
I would have thought that it will be fine.

If you want to get out and about there are lots of trips that you can take from San Stef travel. (at the T junction in the village) It really is up to you. I believe that most of us on here do a bit of wandering about but are mainly there for ss being so chilled and most of us have seen most of the island at some time.

I think that most people would suggest that you visit Corfu town ( possible by bus from ss travel  or independently) and there are also coach tours or boat trips that cover the island. There are lots of people who stay in the village and don't leave it at all for the fortnight. Many would suggest that you see Paelocastritsa which is a bit more touristy but very pretty with impressive views from th evillages above and also Kassiopi is quaint too with a nice harbour and more shops than in ss. There are lots of boat trips to different islands

Even though there are several more mature members in this forum there are young people in the village and some often get together to go into Sidari at night if that is more your thing! (I can hear the shudders of most of us from here!)

I always plan to do a great deal more than i ever do. Days just drift past and by the end of the holiday I am very aware i haven't done much at all!

Browse the site and look at the suggestions from everyone.

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
I know this sounds realy sad and my mates tease me for it but I point blank do not like doing all nighters.  I would rather go for a nice meal and have a chat.  I also work with people who are a lot older than me.  They youngest is the teacher in the next door class who is 30.   

don

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »
I would have thought that it will be fine.

If you want to get out and about there are lots of trips that you can take from San Stef travel. (at the T junction in the village) It really is up to you. I believe that most of us on here do a bit of wandering about but are mainly there for ss being so chilled and most of us have seen most of the island at some time.

I think that most people would suggest that you visit Corfu town ( possible by bus from ss travel  or independently) and there are also coach tours or boat trips that cover the island. There are lots of people who stay in the village and don't leave it at all for the fortnight. Many would suggest that you see Paelocastritsa which is a bit more touristy but very pretty with impressive views from th evillages above and also Kassiopi is quaint too with a nice harbour and more shops than in ss. There are lots of boat trips to different islands

Even though there are several more mature members Cruising for a Bruising there LOL in this forum there are young people in the village and some often get together to go into Sidari at night if that is more your thing! (I can hear the shudders of most of us from here!)Put Central Heating On Then!

I always plan to do a great deal more than i ever do. Days just drift past and by the end of the holiday I am very aware i haven't done much at all!

Browse the site and look at the suggestions from everyone.
Yes ........... follow the majority.... Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you may sleep it off!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:26:18 AM »
Here is a Corfu bus timetable. Not sure how up to date it is but from my experience it has never changed.
http://www.allcorfu.com/ou-buses.html
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 12:27:03 AM »
You can also hire mountain bikes in the village.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 01:12:57 AM »
regards cruising for bruising..... count self as mature....
(realise some of us might be less mature/aged!)

young at heart and all that! xx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:13 AM »

Sorry - Stressed, I forgot your name again - what is it? - (What do you mean take the tablets)!

Listen Madam - I (and of course a few others - especially Don), may be on record as being of a certain age,
But I am very young minded, youthful looking for my age and fun to be with - with a wickedly fun sense of humour,
 - - did I mention Modest??
Anyway - what I am trying to say is some people I meet are much younger, but act like boring old farts in their eighties,
while I still like Dancing and having fun.
(Yes we can dance most stuff - also Love Salsa/Ceroc/Latin without looking like Grannies/Grandads or Dinner Ladies on the dance floor)
No I don't do the all-nighters like my son, but we are always open minded! - good got that off the chest as well!!

So MissH - you sound just like us - - head for - and check out the Condor, Athens Bar, Bar 38 etc,
after your meal & chat, and you won't get too bored on a quiet night!! Join in the fun, have a dance etc.
Daytimes - take the Boat trip to paleo - or any of the Boat BBQ trips - all good fun.
Explore Corfu Town and walk up the Fort to the top for a brilliant time and great view!!
Check out whats on offer and you will find there's lots to do as well as chillin' out!!
Go for a Horse ride as well!! Have a good time - Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:02 AM »

Sorry - Stressed, I forgot your name again - what is it? - (What do you mean take the tablets)!

Listen Madam - I (and of course a few others - especially Don), may be on record as being of a certain age,
But I am very young minded, youthful looking for my age and fun to be with - with a wickedly fun sense of humour,
 - - did I mention Modest??
Anyway - what I am trying to say is some people I meet are much younger, but act like boring old farts in their eighties,
while I still like Dancing and having fun.
(Yes we can dance most stuff - also Love Salsa/Ceroc/Latin without looking like Grannies/Grandads or Dinner Ladies on the dance floor)
No I don't do the all-nighters like my son, but we are always open minded! - good got that off the chest as well!!

So MissH - you sound just like us - - head for - and check out the Condor, Athens Bar, Bar 38 etc,
after your meal & chat, and you won't get too bored on a quiet night!! Join in the fun, have a dance etc.
Daytimes - take the Boat trip to paleo - or any of the Boat BBQ trips - all good fun.
Explore Corfu Town and walk up the Fort to the top for a brilliant time and great view!!
Check out whats on offer and you will find there's lots to do as well as chillin' out!!
Go for a Horse ride as well!! Have a good time - Tony

You'd really be STRESSED after a night out with Tony.................. His other alter-ego is the very very skint PETER STRINGYFELLOW LOL

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
My comment was meant in a light hearted vein. I was paying heed to the fact that the question was being asked very genuinely by a twenty year old and, having twenty two year old twins and a twenty five year old son i am aware that although I love a good time and thoroughly enjoy myself in all sorts of ways (not dancing alas... 2 left feet!) there are sometimes differences in our leisure time and choices and,in my case at least ... stamina!
 So, sir (and the name is Lynn) I did not mean to seriously imply that the site had its share of old fogies or cast aspertions in any way shape or form.
Pax??

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »
I know this sounds realy sad and my mates tease me for it but I point blank do not like doing all nighters.  I would rather go for a nice meal and have a chat.  I also work with people who are a lot older than me.  They youngest is the teacher in the next door class who is 30.   
The above suits San Stef visitors down to the ground. You will fit in perfectly. ;) :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 01:30:37 AM »
My comment was meant in a light hearted vein. I was paying heed to the fact that the question was being asked very genuinely by a twenty year old and, having twenty two year old twins and a twenty five year old son i am aware that although I love a good time and thoroughly enjoy myself in all sorts of ways (not dancing alas... 2 left feet!) there are sometimes differences in our leisure time and choices and,in my case at least ... stamina!
 So, sir (and the name is Lynn) I did not mean to seriously imply that the site had its share of old fogies or cast aspertions in any way shape or form.
Pax??
Pax!! Indeed - and of course we know you were having a bit of fun - so were we!! PAX??

don

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 02:12:42 AM »
Re: No car is that a problem?  NO!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »
Because Don is never Sober - - - long enough to drive anyway!!

don

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »
Because Don is never Sober - - - long enough to drive anyway!!

Neither as child or adult have I sat in the drivers seat of a vehicle. I was told I could have a cortisone injection  but I'm not interested in that Italian rubbish!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni