Author Topic: What's the worst HORROR you've met in San Stef?  (Read 21303 times)

don

What's the worst HORROR you've met in San Stef?
« on: May 11, 2009, 01:04:41 AM »
A couple of years ago we were sitting enjoying a pint when a woman came up saying she recognised us from a forum.....NOT THIS ONE!
She said Hi and pleasantries were exchanged. Then she started.... "We went to this bar and it was full of Irish so we walked out. We went to the supermarket and a cafe and they were both full of Greeks. Then we went to another bar and there were some Scots so we left there too. They were awful !"
I just happened to say well it is Greece and as to there being other nationalities you find awful I have met awful English people."
Her riposte was to accuse me of being a "racist bass-drinker!" Sorry can't swear on here!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: What's the worst HORROR you've met in San Stef?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:33 AM »
A couple of years ago we were sitting enjoying a pint when a woman came up saying she recognised us from a forum.....NOT THIS ONE!
She said Hi and pleasantries were exchanged. Then she started.... "We went to this bar and it was full of Irish so we walked out. We went to the supermarket and a cafe and they were both full of Greeks. Then we went to another bar and there were some Scots so we left there too. They were awful !"
I just happened to say well it is Greece and as to there being other nationalities you find awful I have met awful English people."
Her riposte was to accuse me of being a "racist bass-drinker!" Sorry can't swear on here!
Until I read it all I thought it was going to be about me. I think one of the first things I said to you was I reconised you from the forum.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:57:50 AM »
Well let me think about this one!!    Our Worst Horror met in San Stef = Starts with  D and ends with a N

The Fortune telling machine >:( >:( >:(

Last year in Glenns, John & I got hijacked by some chap who had been there, done it and got the tee shirt with everything regarding San Stef. We managed finally to get away from him and go to our ground floor apartment over the road only to find him standing outside our balcony wanting to carry on the conversation. John didn't come outside, just kept whispering to me to get rid of him from behind the curtains. I made some womanly excuse and closed the door.
Still saw him most days at Glenns but the conversations were short & Sweet.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:23:09 PM by SueLa »
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline fillwr300

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:39:47 AM »
I fly to san stefanos next friday 15th may ,Im 16 stone and covered in tattoo's so i should be easy to spot,If anyone from the forum thinks they recognise me then feel free to come over for a chat and a beer i look forward to it ,If you want to sit outside my balcony and stalk me then please be prepared to get thrown over it lol, Im sorry for everyone elses horror stories im looking forward to going now and im sure i will have a good time cheers fill.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
I fly to san stefanos next friday 15th may ,Im 16 stone and covered in tattoo's so i should be easy to spot,If anyone from the forum thinks they recognise me then feel free to come over for a chat and a beer i look forward to it ,If you want to sit outside my balcony and stalk me then please be prepared to get thrown over it lol, Im sorry for everyone elses horror stories im looking forward to going now and im sure i will have a good time cheers fill.
Hey be careful there!! if Sue recognises you, she may climb up onto your balcony, climb on to you and plant a flag on your head,
declaring "I am the first to conquer Mount Stef" - LOL!!

All joking aside, from another heavy weight champion, (don't go there Don, Sue, Jules, Stressed, Zoe!! - just fight it!!),
What name do you go by and when will you be there - if when we go  (first two weeks in July), we will look out for you!!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »
as if any of us would say anything!
Worst horror we ever met was a family who were in apartment next door who would have been much happier in Sidari and we would have been happier if they were there too! Football shirt, cap wearing, smoking chavs.
(now please excuse me whilst i go to prepare a pot of earl grey and some crustless cucumber sandwiches....)

but you do get my drift.

don

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
Worst horror we ever met was a family who were in apartment next door who would have been much happier in Sidari and we would have been happier if they were there too! Football shirt, cap wearing, smoking chavs.
(now please excuse me whilst i go to prepare a pot of earl grey and some crustless cucumber sandwiches....)

but you do get my drift.

Beautifully put............... I appreciate eloquence unlike my Pal Tony!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:14:06 AM »

but you do get my drift.
We have had some like that at Teresa when we have stayed there. Do nothing but moan. They obviously don't do any research on where they are going before booking.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
makes me wonder how the refugees from sidari are coping in ss at present and how ss is coping with them!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:16 AM »
makes me wonder how the refugees from sidari are coping in ss at present and how ss is coping with them!
I expect they are corralled in the old Yellow disused hotel!! decorating the walls with vomit!!

don

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 02:31:15 AM »
I expect they are corralled in the old Yellow disused hotel!! decorating the walls with vomit!!
Knowing your feelings over YELLOW probablt re-coating with vomit! LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 02:32:37 AM »
Actually I don't mind Yellow - it was just for the wind-up!! LOL

don

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 02:33:50 AM »
Actually I don't mind Yellow - it was just for the wind-up!! LOL
Yeah ! Doh! I sort of guessed that! LOL

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 04:11:58 AM »
So far the Sidarian refugees have not been noticeable, perhaps there is some kind of segregation going on. The old Yellow hotel is now for sale at €1.2m - come on Don, win the lottery, buy it, and treat us all to a free holiday there. You could be the haunted host, I'm sure you could be scary enough!
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
So far the Sidarian refugees have not been noticeable, perhaps there is some kind of segregation going on. The old Yellow hotel is now for sale at €1.2m - come on Don, win the lottery, buy it, and treat us all to a free holiday there. You could be the haunted host, I'm sure you could be scary enough!
You know him well lol!!!
At last there might be some movement on the yellow hotel front hopefully. It is a shame about it being empty for so long.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni