Author Topic: Off the Beaten Track  (Read 14611 times)

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Off the Beaten Track
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:49:31 PM »
Hi Guys
I didn't know where to post this so I started a new one, We always hire a Jeep for 3 days when on holiday, we were last in Corfu (Arillas) 2 years ago, and we did all the Tourist stuff in just 2 days, can anyone suggest where to go that is 'something different', bare in mind that we have 16 and 4 year old boys on board, but they're pretty easy going and will go along with most things we suggest  :)

cheers!

Doh! my 16 year old will have turned 17 1 week before we arrive in San Stef!....Silly Me!  :-[

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Beaten Track
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
Hi Guys
I didn't know where to post this so I started a new one, We always hire a Jeep for 3 days when on holiday, we were last in Corfu (Arillas) 2 years ago, and we did all the Tourist stuff in just 2 days, can anyone suggest where to go that is 'something different', bare in mind that we have 16 and 4 year old boys on board, but they're pretty easy going and will go along with most things we suggest  :)

cheers!

Doh! my 16 year old will have turned 17 1 week before we arrive in San Stef!....Silly Me!  :-[
I know you have done the tourist thing, but I love going to the road past St Georges Bay, (Prinillas), and heading up the Mount to the top.
The views on the way up are brill!! You can take them to the two cafe's overlooking Paleokastritsa and follow the road down, but then pick up the main road to Corfu town, turn off as if heading back to Sidari and follow signs for (Mount) Ano Korakiana.
There are some fantastic villages along those roads - real old corfu - narrow as hell but a sight to see, built into the mountain sides.
Check it out!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »
Hi Guys

cheers!

I know you have done the tourist thing, but I love going to the road past St Georges Bay, (Prinillas), and heading up the Mount to the top.
The views on the way up are brill!! You can take them to the two cafe's overlooking Paleokastritsa and follow the road down, but then pick up the main road to Corfu town, turn off as if heading back to Sidari and follow signs for (Mount) Ano Korakiana.
There are some fantastic villages along those roads - real old corfu - narrow as hell but a sight to see, built into the mountain sides.
Check it out!!
Is that the same as Mount Pantokrator? Great views from up there and there is a monastery on top and not to far from some dissused village (can't remember its name)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:53:56 AM »
Hi Guys

cheers!

Check it out!!
Is that the same as Mount Pantokrator? Great views from up there and there is a monastery on top and not to far from some dissused village (can't remember its name)
Yes - nice to hit the less used trails!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:47 AM »
OK! Great Stuff! Will check them out  8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
OK! Great Stuff! Will check them out  8)
Also worth exploring around the Nort-east coastline if you haven't done it -
such as the other San Stefanos Village and Harbour, near Roda - some interesting driving there as well!

zoe

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:23:53 PM »
the footpath to arillas is shut at the moment a small bit near the end fell in the sea but the workmen are working on it this week also new cafe bar has opened at the top as you stat to decend in to san stefanos run by costas who used to bea waiter  in the waves

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 01:34:38 AM »
the footpath to arillas is shut at the moment a small bit near the end fell in the sea but the workmen are working on it this week also new cafe bar has opened at the top as you stat to decend in to san stefanos run by costas who used to bea waiter  in the waves
Do you mean up on the top of the headland?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »
Do you mean up on the top of the headland?
Sounds like its at the top which will be great for all the walkers up there.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
the cafe bar is at the top of the headland

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 01:20:40 AM »
the cafe bar is at the top of the headland
Any Good???

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:07 AM »
I would just say go out without any plan and you will probably have a great day - Corfu doesn't take any planning to have a good time. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:24:12 AM »
I would just say go out without any plan and you will probably have a great day - Corfu doesn't take any planning to have a good time. :)
I bet you planned to say that!!

By the Way - will that be COSTOS COFFEE !! Boom-Boom!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 01:25:51 AM »
AS we all know some of my best days out have been when we have got lost !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 01:27:11 AM »
AS we all know some of my best days out have been when we have got lost !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Oh! Jules - I can't resist it

GET LOST then!! LOL - - - -Sorry - - - -He He!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni