Author Topic: Island trips  (Read 17751 times)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Island trips
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Thinking about a trip to the nearby islands this year, Erikoussa possibly favourite. Any thoughts advice etc, is there somewhere good for lunch?

joan

Re: Island trips
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »
Thinking about a trip to the nearby islands this year, Erikoussa possibly favourite. Any thoughts advice etc, is there somewhere good for lunch?

Went to Ericousa and loved it, we enjoyed the boat trip..... still looking for the dolphins we were promised to see on the way! We had a lovely lunch at the Hotel Ericousa which is set back off the beach and easily found. When inside check out the bar area which is very' Retro' and quite impressive, it's not too large but comfortable and food was very good and reasonably priced. There are other places to eat but we prefered this place, definately would go again. ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:17:13 AM »

Went to Ericousa and loved it, we enjoyed the boat trip..... still looking for the dolphins we were promised to see on the way! We had a lovely lunch at the Hotel Ericousa which is set back off the beach and easily found. When inside check out the bar area which is very' Retro' and quite impressive, it's not too large but comfortable and food was very good and reasonably priced. There are other places to eat but we prefered this place, definately would go again. ;D
All the Islands are worth a visit!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »
I hear that apart from Ericousa theres not much on the others in relation to the length of the trip

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
I hear that apart from Ericousa theres not much on the others in relation to the length of the trip
Wasn't much to see when we went.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »
Wasn't much to see when we went.
We enjoyed matrathki, nice Taverna, church and a good beach!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. Will give it a bash, probably Erikousa. Will post afterwards with our thoughts.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 12:08:18 AM »
Thanks for the info. Will give it a bash, probably Erikousa. Will post afterwards with our thoughts.
Sounds good to me - it was many years ago, about 1987, that a young lad on the beach helping with the first beach beds to appear,
suggested that his Dad Theo, a local fisherman, would let us hire him and his boat for the day.
We did all the islands in one day - very unspoilt then, no hotels, no electricity from the mainland - although it followed a couple of years later - we saw the cables being laid by ship, the source was close to the Athena Hotel on the beach!!
That was our first ever boat trip apart from going out fishing with Vasillis.
That young lad was called Nikos and these days he is married to Heather and works in the Thomas Bay Hotel.
Theo is his dad - still often seen on his scooter around the resort!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
Sounds good to me - it was many years ago, about 1987, that a young lad on the beach helping with the first beach beds to appear,
suggested that his Dad Theo, a local fisherman, would let us hire him and his boat for the day.
We did all the islands in one day - very unspoilt then, no hotels, no electricity from the mainland - although it followed a couple of years later - we saw the cables being laid by ship, the source was close to the Athena Hotel on the beach!!
That young lad was called Nikos and these days he is married to Heather and works in the Thomas Bay Hotel.
Reminiscing again  -don't you just love to hear it (I do). Wish I'd known the place back then as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:59 AM »
Reminiscing again  -don't you just love to hear it (I do). Wish I'd known the place back then as well.
Such a shame you didn't - after all - you are old enough!!!! (runs for cover)!! LOL 8) :o

zoe

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 11:50:15 AM »
you should know tony jules will get you for that one big time

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
Yes - putting on the stab vest right now!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »
Dassia in 86 was pretty much up to date by comparison

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
Yes - putting on the stab vest right now!!
How much of you would a stab vest cover lol!!! - not enough I assume. ;)

zoe

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »
depends were are you aiming for

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni