Author Topic: Royal Ionian Lager  (Read 50886 times)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Royal Ionian Lager
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
Although my favourite lager is Mythos, I have heard about the new brewery in Arillas and am keen to sample the product, simply for research purposes of course! Can anyone tell me wheree it's on sale in San Stef and is it bottle only or draught as well?

Cheers in advance, Gordon

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Ionian Lager
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »
Hi. It's available  (or was last year) on draught at Bar 38. Most shops also sell it in bottles.
deemac

don

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
Tried it at EFI last year. Don't think bar is opening this year. People did come in and ask for it though. I'm not a lager drinker, more an ale drinker, but I enjoyed it. Money also goes into the local economy so you can feel good about getting blitzed!  ::)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
Always feel good about GETTING blitzed... it's the recovering from being blitzed i have trouble with !

What makes you think that Efi won't be opening this year? What about Glenn and Mel? and more to th epoint where am i going to go for a good but remarkably cheap pedicure half way through the holiday? These things are important!

don

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:15 PM »
Always feel good about GETTING blitzed... it's the recovering from being blitzed i have trouble with !

What makes you think that Efi won't be opening this year? What about Glenn and Mel? and more to th epoint where am i going to go for a good but remarkably cheap pedicure half way through the holiday? These things are important!

A post from Lizzie (Willies Wash House) on the Agni site. Glenn & Mel will be running a pool bar by the new wash house in Arilas - Sea Breeze?

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:32 PM »
thanks don. I know the sea breeze. What a shame they wont be there at Efi though. Late afternoon at the pool bar was always a pleasant time.

don

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:18 AM »
thanks don. I know the sea breeze. What a shame they wont be there at Efi though. Late afternoon at the pool bar was always a pleasant time.
We stopped at the EFI last June for 2 brilliant quiet weeks. Quiet as opposed to the normal San Stef quiet. When we went back in August we still spent a few days lazing by the pool. Now we wish we had driving licences so we could go to Sea Breeze. Don't think I could walk it in that heat with my lungs! Very very EX-Heavy Smoker!

Hi Don
all the old faces will be there as the Effi isn't opening this year. Mel is still doing nails etc, it may be appointment only though. See you soon, can you bring the sun with you as the weather is aweful. Our new tel. no is 2663051218
Liz
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:17:23 AM by don »

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 12:38:40 AM »
thanks for info don. i will have the same prob getting to arillas. mel really was good at doing feet and she was lovely to chat with while she was doing them!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »
thanks for info don. i will have the same prob getting to arillas. mel really was good at doing feet and she was lovely to chat with while she was doing them!
Do they do that sort of thing at Monros?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
yes  i think so jules but mel was remarkably reasonable and friendly doing it too. i used to really enjoy it  there!

joan

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:16 AM »
      Back to the beer. Not the same as Mythos, first time that beer was left by both of us, thought it was.......er....... orrible.  :(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 03:24:49 AM »
      Back to the beer. Not the same as Mythos, first time that beer was left by both of us, thought it was.......er....... orrible.  :(
We had draught Ionian and it was good - v/cold as well!!
Prefer Mythos of course!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »
Well, now tried both the bottled and draught versions(Bar 38 has the draught) and enjoyed it although I think Mythos just edges it. Need to do more research  ;D. Brewery is apparently starting tours. Will investigate and let you all know.

Yammas

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »
Well, now tried both the bottled and draught versions(Bar 38 has the draught) and enjoyed it although I think Mythos just edges it. Need to do more research  ;D. Brewery is apparently starting tours. Will investigate and let you all know.

Yammas
Brewery tour with samples would be good lol!!!!!!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
Gordonc Have one for me! I have a good imagination!! LOL

Cheers! ..................... Aah ! That was good!  :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:07:32 PM by don »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni