Author Topic: Leonidas - is anyone there?  (Read 14205 times)

Offline corfulovingfamily

• View Profile
Leonidas - is anyone there?
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Does anyone have any information about Leonidas.  I am aware that they were undergoing some refurbishment etc last year and that Simone has now returned to the uk.  :( However, I have tried to contact them via email several times recently and have had no reply.  I have placed a deposit but have had no further communication from them. I am anxious about turning up in July with my young children if there are some problems and the booking is unconfirmed.  Would be grateful for any light anyone could shed on this.  thanks

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Leonidas - is anyone there?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »
hello there.... If you look a little further down this forum list thingy ( v technical) you will see that there is a thread all about the villas and the olive press. Hope this helps.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
Hi yeah thanks I have seen some info from the proprietor from November about refurbs etc but there doesnt seem to be anything this year.  I am just a little concerned that no-one has replied to me recently about my booking, perhaps they are away??

don

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »
Have you tried through the new web-site?

http://www.leonidasvillas.co.uk/

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:37:02 PM »
Does anyone have any information about Leonidas.  I am aware that they were undergoing some refurbishment etc last year and that Simone has now returned to the uk.  :( However, I have tried to contact them via email several times recently and have had no reply.  I have placed a deposit but have had no further communication from them. I am anxious about turning up in July with my young children if there are some problems and the booking is unconfirmed.  Would be grateful for any light anyone could shed on this.  thanks
I believe, (I have heard when I phoned Corfu recently), that George is away, should be back soon I would think.
I would say don't worry about your booking.
If you don't hear in reasonable time - send me a message and I will dig up the house phone number for you and send by reply.
You can always leave a message with Georges Parents.
I have known the family for 26 years and I doubt that they will ever move away, so don't worry.
It's probably just a little harder to make contact without Simone there, who everyone will miss - but hey - times change and people move on!!
Also try via Monroe's email as reading all the previous posts, I think she has been helping George to set things up judging by the links -
I am sure she can point you in the right direction at least or send Georges mobile No.

However, in 26 years I have never found San Stef to be fully booked out, so if the worst happened, (it won't) - you would always find a place to stay - the Local people always know of an empty apartment, but I am certain this would never happen. (Just so you don't worry about being stranded),
I am confident you will be in contact v/soon.

Tony C
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:45:44 PM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
Thanks very much, thats really helpful.  Wondered if he was away.  It sounds like it will all be ok, just a bit scary when you dont have anything concrete like you get from travel firms.  Also, our friends are coming too and we feel kind of responsible for them.  Will give him a bit more time then try the options you gave.  Many thanks.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:54:51 PM »
Thanks very much, thats really helpful.  Wondered if he was away.  It sounds like it will all be ok, just a bit scary when you dont have anything concrete like you get from travel firms.  Also, our friends are coming too and we feel kind of responsible for them.  Will give him a bit more time then try the options you gave.  Many thanks.
No problem!!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:52 AM »
tony, I think you are right about Lesley from monroes helping George as we have had contact from her in the booking process.  I have emailed her now so hopefully she will be able to confirm everything ok (sure it will be).  Just want to get everything booked up now and get excited.  Sound like we will love it!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »
tony, I think you are right about Lesley from monroes helping George as we have had contact from her in the booking process.  I have emailed her now so hopefully she will be able to confirm everything ok (sure it will be).  Just want to get everything booked up now and get excited.  Sound like we will love it!
You will have an absolute ball in SS. Sounds like your mind will be at rest soon with your booking and then you can really start to get excited like we all do with the build up to our hols. ;) ;D
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 03:00:33 AM »
You will have an absolute ball in SS. Sounds like your mind will be at rest soon with your booking and then you can really start to get excited like we all do with the build up to our hols. ;) ;D
Just to let you know that we have stayed in the Leonidas Apts many - many times over the years.
The Apts are all a bit different and you'll feel at home there.
I have stayed in all the different Apt's there at one time or another.
The Family headed by Leon (Georges dad) are really friendly and helpful, from what I have read it is even better equipped this year.
They are almost designed for you to become good friends with your neighbours and the garden is lovely, just across the road and 30metres from the beach, although no view, it almost helps the feel of the place.
You will love it.
Tony

Offline FIONA53

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
dont worry spoke to George on Tuesday. He is going to Athens for a few days. I am sure everything will be OK for 2009 bookings. We are booked for May and are confident all will be fine.

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
Have sent you a PM regarding your booking at Leonidas Villas on behalf of George - can you check your Messages/Inbox please? Info required!
Thanks!!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
Information has been sent by my mother concerning her booking and mine and my friends to the email address you provided.  I would hope that this situation will be resolved asap.  I have paid for my flights and would like to know that my booking (made in November) is secure.  Please contact me/my mother if you require anything further.  I hope you will treat this as a matter of urgency.  Thanks

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
Thanks for info - received by email. Will email you later. Don't worry - you are expected on 13th July.
Your booking info was apparently not passed on to George following a change of circumstances. He will chat with you more fully to explain things when you get here.

Meanwhile I'll help sort this out!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 04:10:15 AM »
Thanks for info - received by email. Will email you later. Don't worry - you are expected on 13th July.
Your booking info was apparently not passed on to George following a change of circumstances. He will chat with you more fully to explain things when you get here.

Meanwhile I'll help sort this out!
Please give our regards to George (Tony & Linda).

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni