Author Topic: moussaka!  (Read 50710 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: moussaka!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »
Can I just say I realy like moussaka but I do tend to leave the aubougine if there is too much of it .. I like all the flavours but am not a big fan of aubourgine. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »
Can I just say I realy like moussaka but I do tend to leave the aubougine if there is too much of it .. I like all the flavours but am not a big fan of aubourgine. 
Try some of the local dishes - but ask the waiter to describe them first,
(e.g. some people prefer grilled meat to casseroled meat) - then you will have a good idea of what is happening with the menu.
As I love meat and lamb especially, (I love Kleftico for example), different Tavernas can do a slightly differently version.
A lot of the local dishes come as a varient of casseroles, but are very tasty.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »
I had a a kleftico in northen cyprus when I was nine.  Are they similar ( lamb wraped in something cooked in an outdoor oven) ?  Ony other thing I remeber was drinking 2l of water after it as I bit into a whole tiny chilli.  It felt as if my mouth was on fire. 

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Kleftico is slow cooked lamb casserole, with feta on top and covered by foil.
Like Tony I love lamb,Cypriot cooking is superb [ probably better than Corfiot and thats saying something ]

don

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
Tony............ What is the lamb that Dimitri does in cheese? That is superb! Also on Lamb Thomas Bay used to do an absolutely brilliant lamb giouvetsi (spelling iffy!). Loved lamb ever since I fell for Shani Lewis!!!!! :'(

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
with you being from peterheid  you should like lamb :D

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 12:30:39 AM »
or at least..... sheep

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
I love every part of the Moussaka - especially on holiday. May have to try a Tesco one this weekend for tea. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:21 AM »
After the previous 2 to 3 posts prior to JulesT I really started to worry when she said :- I love every part of the.................... I really started to worry as you lot were on about sheep!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 02:46:51 AM »
Tony............ What is the lamb that Dimitri does in cheese? That is superb! Also on Lamb Thomas Bay used to do an absolutely brilliant lamb giouvetsi (spelling iffy!). Loved lamb ever since I fell for Shani Lewis!!!!! :'(
How could you suggest that Dimitri would behave like that, 'doing' a Lamb in cheese of all things - LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
PLEASE!!!!!!!! STOP ALL THE TALK ON FOOD i am on a pre holiday diet i lost 4lb from monday but boy is it hard i come upstairs on the forum to keep away from the kitchen and keep myself busy the house has been cleaned right through but all this talk on food is like a form of tourture

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:33 PM »
PLEASE!!!!!!!! STOP ALL THE TALK ON FOOD i am on a pre holiday diet i lost 4lb from monday but boy is it hard i come upstairs on the forum to keep away from the kitchen and keep myself busy the house has been cleaned right through but all this talk on food is like a form of tourture
I know its hard when everyone talks about food. I really must get my diet back on track from Monday ::)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »
i always start on a monday but give up by thursday but i am trying  to keep going till we get to the airport

don

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 11:41:12 PM »
Once tried Asda Extra Special Moussaka or should it have been Moossaka? Never tasted one like it in Greece!

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 04:25:29 AM »
Once tried Asda Extra Special Moussaka or should it have been Moossaka? Never tasted one like it in Greece!
Was it that good? Is that a Scottish, or American moose?
deemac

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni