Author Topic: Sun Screen  (Read 20807 times)

Offline corfuaddicts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Sun Screen
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:46:05 AM »
Where's the cheapest place to buy sun screen this year? We like the Ambre Solair factor 15 and have seen a bogof deal in Morrisons and Boots so far.

don

Re: Sun Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »
Have a preference for NO-AD which we have bought in Wilkinsons, Asda or Superdrug amd it proved very cheap in comparison to noted brands. Never used less than factor 30. One non-malignant growth was one too many. Asda's own came out better in accredited testing than the majority of expensive lotions. Bought them for this year!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:04:28 AM »
Have a preference for NO-AD which we have bought in Wilkinsons, Asda or Superdrug amd it proved very cheap in comparison to noted brands. Never used less than factor 30. One non-malignant growth was one too many. Asda's own came out better in accredited testing than the majority of expensive lotions. Bought them for this year!
Hi Don, I thought you looked a little crispy!!, that'll teach you to put Goose Fat on your body by the pool!!
We always use P20, plus a stronger one (for the Grandson this year), to top up if required - painting by numbers - LOL.
I and several others have testified to the excellence of the product - we just simply never burn while on it, but if you feel a bit sore,
you can always top up with a stronger one on top!! - it works for sure!!
It is a Swedish product that bonds with the skin and can't simply wash off!! Wonderful stuff and worth the money!!
I personally never trust these so-called accredited testing companies, usually a back-hander involved somewhere!!
And ASDA always pat the back-pocket - so not sure I would rely on that!!

Linda works for World Duty Free Shops, (she runs the Mystery Customer program), and visits most Airports where their shops are.
She (& all staff), also gets good staff discount and buys all our stuff in advance for a good price, so we are lucky there,
however, as with all of us, we are subject to the weight restrictions so can't take too much and always buy some there as well.
But check out the web write-ups - on P20 - probably 8 times more expensive than the £2.50 jobby from ASDA's!! But it really works!!
You will find lots of other write-ups on this somewhere in this forum!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:20:48 AM »
We always take the Nivea sprays - works ok for us and easy to use as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
I use p20 on the partner.... who burns in January sun in England if i dont smother him in factor 50.... so p20 is brilliant because i know that once i've slapped it all over him in the morning i dont need to worry about bits going red.  But i do agree with Tony that it can be expensive but its worth it. Me ...Factor 30 anything...boots, nivea even avon which i've found good and cheap too. Then down to a 15 for however long i've got.  plus buckets of aftersun!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »
I use p20 on the partner.... who burns in January sun in England if i dont smother him in factor 50.... so p20 is brilliant because i know that once i've slapped it all over him in the morning i dont need to worry about bits going red.  But i do agree with Tony that it can be expensive but its worth it. Me ...Factor 30 anything...boots, nivea even avon which i've found good and cheap too. Then down to a 15 for however long i've got.  plus buckets of aftersun!
Good stuff - you can't believe it until you try P20.
Then I do as above like stressed and use a 15 - works well!!

don

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
I found P20 good years ago but really suffered from prickly heat when I used It. Still get the rash but never as bad!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
don... my daughter and i get prickly heat really badly... or we did until we were told about telfast 180 mg anti histamine (think its chemical generic name is fexofenadine) we have to take it for twoo weeks before we go and then while we are away but it really is brilliant. We ahve to get it on prescription but it really makes a difference to holidays.

don

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 12:46:11 AM »
don... my daughter and i get prickly heat really badly... or we did until we were told about telfast 180 mg anti histamine (think its chemical generic name is fexofenadine) we have to take it for twoo weeks before we go and then while we are away but it really is brilliant. We ahve to get it on prescription but it really makes a difference to holidays.

Cheers for that info. I take Weleda ACONITE 6 with me. I get it from my local herbalist. It really makes it a lot more bearable.

joan

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
Where's the cheapest place to buy sun screen this year? We like the Ambre Solair factor 15 and have seen a bogof deal in Morrisons and Boots so far.

We always use Nivea,really good quality and stays well after swimming have always used high factors otherwise I would fry. Cheapest place Home Bargains if you are in the NW

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »

Cheers for that info. I take Weleda ACONITE 6 with me. I get it from my local herbalist. It really makes it a lot more bearable.
I also take the anti-histamines mentioned - stops the prickly heat dead in its tracks.
P20 is now in a new formulae and should not cause probles at all

don

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 12:23:08 AM »

I also take the anti-histamines mentioned - stops the prickly heat dead in its tracks.
P20 is now in a new formulae and should not cause probles at all

Wowee!!! the red tops gone and the shredded wheat brillo is back in its rightful place!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
One wonders why we put ourselves through it:) My wife has used P20 for years,I use high factors +30 as does the boy,Wife works near a dermatologist and his advice - "Dont go"! happy bugger

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »
I use Ambre Solaire Clear Protection Spray, very easy to use and don't need to rub in, it just dries where you spray it.

Asda - had a very good deal on these, £5 each if i remember rightly.

Sarah H
x

zoe

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »
l,oreal solar milk spray factor 30 then down to 15 for second week also helps prevent wrinkles and brown spots i wait till the end off summer and tescos sell it off for £5 from £15 get 4 or 5 cans to put away

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni