Author Topic: The Banter!  (Read 18326 times)

LILOLIL

The Banter!
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:43:44 AM »
Just to say,each day like others I read the posts.Its great reading the posts especially from Don, Tony ,Jules, Sue and everyone who contributes. I start reading ,then there isnt anything from Don then i think , Oh he isnt in from work yet, he will be on later, or maybe Tony hasnt been on,so have to keep coming back for a peek to make sure they have all been on.Also the good humour, fun from everyone,its great so many thanks guys/ladies ,look forward to all our stories over the next coming months May is finally here  Hooooooray!1 :) :o 8) ;D

don

Re: The Banter!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:01:13 AM »
Lilolil you have just made an old man so very happy. Sometimes I think we must seem as though we are posting such irreverent self-indulgent nonsense. It is just great to have fun without sitting bored waiting for someone to enter a chatroom.
From a personal point of view, Pulls serious face! I love learning something new about San Stef which I do on here every day. It is all done on here with none of the pretentiousness rife on other forums. Forums... apologies to any scholars but 45 years since I did Latin!

Both Sandra and myself look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:03:50 AM by don »

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:27:38 AM »
Thank you for your comments Lilolil, please feel free to abuse or take the mickey out of Don or Tony anytime  8) 8) 8)

Don mentioned irreverent self-indulgent nonsense, Don't you believe it Jules & I mean every word and take all insults from "The Boys"   ;D ;D ;D  to heart.

Forums!!!! Don is it not Forumi  ??? ??? ???
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:14:38 AM »
lilolil
thanks you have made dons day next step buy him a drink

don somthing new about san steph you can buy drinks there

yes will be there next month

chris

don can almost taste the mythos (lol )

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 04:17:27 AM »
Just to say,each day like others I read the posts.Its great reading the posts especially from Don, Tony ,Jules, Sue and everyone who contributes. I start reading ,then there isnt anything from Don then i think , Oh he isnt in from work yet, he will be on later, or maybe Tony hasnt been on,so have to keep coming back for a peek to make sure they have all been on.Also the good humour, fun from everyone,its great so many thanks guys/ladies ,look forward to all our stories over the next coming months May is finally here  Hooooooray!1 :) :o 8) ;D
Well Lilolil - (do you take your name from a glorious day on the Lilo - - just off the Naughty end of the beach)???
Anyway - - - it's "Thank-you from Him" & it's "Thank-you from Me" - Nice to have a bit of fun - de-stresses you from the hardships of life, (obviously Sue & Jules excepted on this one), and talking of them - don't they look just like the "Cheeky girls" - But older!!

Also - yes it was recently my 60th Birthday - - so today I went to the Post Office and got a "Freedom Pass" - just for the hell of it!!
I thought - I am entitled to it - so here we go (Don's had one for years now - but - shhhh! He's known as Billy Botox!!).
Now I can claim my 10% B&Q discount on a Wednesday!!
I won't use this Freedom Pass on a bus - as I already get free travel on trains and buses as part of my employment conditions!!
I needed the pass as I.D. because no one would believe that someone who looks so young and vibrant (me) could possibly be so old!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
Well Lilolil - (do you take your name from a glorious day on the Lilo - - just off the Naughty end of the beach)???
Anyway - - - it's "Thank-you from Him" & it's "Thank-you from Me" - Nice to have a bit of fun - de-stresses you from the hardships of life, (obviously Sue & Jules excepted on this one), and talking of them - don't they look just like the "Cheeky girls" - But older!!

Also - yes it was recently my 60th Birthday - - so today I went to the Post Office and got a "Freedom Pass" - just for the hell of it!!
I thought - I am entitled to it - so here we go (Don's had one for years now - but - shhhh! He's known as Billy Botox!!).
Now I can claim my 10% B&Q discount on a Wednesday!!
I won't use this Freedom Pass on a bus - as I already get free travel on trains and buses as part of my employment conditions!!
I needed the pass as I.D. because no one would believe that someone who looks so young and vibrant (me) could possibly be so old!!

I think there just checking why they never gave you your pensioners discount on previous visits lol!!!!!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
Thanks Lilolil. If anyone else wants to join the banter feel free - especially the women as Sue and I need more allies against the gruesome twosome ;D ;D
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
have looked at other sites and this has to be the best some i have seen are a bit pompus and couldnt have a laugh if they tried one day i fell of the chair laughing everyone is so friendly and can take a joke i am quite a shy person and roy is the outgoing one but with this i feel comfey to join in as everyone is here as they love san stefanos the pig flu banter has had me in fits

don

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »
Just glad that others enjoy this site for the relaxed place that we think it is. Have to admit it beats tele all ends up.
Sorry for forgetting you Chris. I know I'll never be forgiven for you having to go home 2 minutes after we met. If I win the Euro Millions or Lotto this weekend I'll buy you a brewery. Will Ionian Island in Arilas do? At this point may I stress that I would accept no responsibility whatsoever for your rapidly deteriorating health. See how my deep friendship for you has up to this moment in time kept you in pristine condition. You should thank me on bended knee! On second thoughts just buy me a pint!  :P

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »
So it was you in Slumdog Millionaire Tony 8) 8) 8) 8)
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »

What are you insinuating about our Tony. We know he's not a millionaire.... So what are you saying?    :o

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »

What are you insinuating about our Tony. We know he's not a millionaire.... So what are you saying?    :o
Sue - forget Don - from now on it's you and me "Babe", the Turbo, the Camel (cheaper than an elephant), and a million rupees!!
P.s. You any good at sifting through mounds of rubbish?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
Roy was thinking more Kenneth Williams in Carry on up the Kyber lol!! ;)

don

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Nice one Roy!!!!! Lovin It!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 04:09:43 AM »

Nice one Roy!!!!! Lovin It!!!!
See what you did!! I had to change the picture again!! - This time for one taken in SS in 1984
And no I haven't changed a bit!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni