Author Topic: WHATS SAN STEFANOS LIKE  (Read 29020 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: WHATS SAN STEFANOS LIKE
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 05:10:22 AM »
hi its my first visit to san stefanos,i go in 2 weeks,can anyone tell me where and where not to go,thanks
I hope you are younger and fitter than me as I find that hill a bit tough at times!!
However - on the plus side, the places up the hill try harder, so you will have nice Apts.!!
When I went last year in May, some places were not open, and the entertainment may not be fully up and running.
The water sports were also not working until June!
Expect it to be a little quieter in May. Try the Condor in the evening for a bit of dancing and entertainment.
Also check out the other bars like Bar38, Athens Bar, Thomas Bay Hotel, etc.
you will soon find a bar you like - you will love it and return!!
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
SS is a great choice for your holiday. Totally chilled and relaed place to be. Whereabouts in the village are you staying?
X
MARKS THE SPOT Jules?        RELA?ED worried lol :P

Just so chilled and relaxed I just missed it lol
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
i dont know if am doing this right or if you will  get this message jules but am staying at kapetianos apts
I too am staying at the Kapitanios in July! I look forward to your findings when you return  8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 04:35:33 AM »
i dont know if am doing this right or if you will  get this message jules but am staying at kapetianos apts
I too am staying at the Kapitanios in July! I look forward to your findings when you return  8)
I was trying to remember if you are there during the first two weeks Colin?

don

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
If you like live music Silver Star puts acts on. As does Bar38 and 3w's Internet Cafe. All well worth a nights visit. If you like good food go to Ozzy Oils on barbecue night. Kerry is a superb singer! 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:56 AM »
If you like live music Silver Star puts acts on. As does Bar38 and 3w's Internet Cafe. All well worth a nights visit. If you like good food go to Ozzy Oils on barbecue night. Kerry is a superb singer! 

Yes - still trying to get over the Silver star crooner, reminded me of Jim Bowen (bullseye), and about as boring!!
I don't recall his name - may have been rigor mortis!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »

What kind of music? not Euro-pop I hope

joan

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »
Never heard Euro pop there just good musicians, guitarists and singers. I think the crooner that Tony was talking about was probably  John, he does Frank Sinatra etc he also did a spot at 3Ws last year.

don

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
They had a superb guitarist at 3W's last year. Did a bit of Gary Moore stuff. Pity his singing was a few degrees under!
San Stefanos is luckily a Disco free zone!

joan

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »
They had a superb guitarist at 3W's last year. Did a bit of Gary Moore stuff. Pity his singing was a few degrees under!

Was that Groucho or Darren Day? both are good the other year Bar 38 had a duo guitarist I think they were german... but they were really so good, and then there were the salsa dancers.

[font=Verdana]BUT MOST OF ALL NO DISCOS[/font]

don

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »

Was that Groucho or Darren Day? both are good the other year Bar 38 had a duo guitarist I think they were german... but they were really so good, and then there were the salsa dancers.

[font=Verdana]BUT MOST OF ALL NO DISCOS[/font]
Groucho

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:55 PM »
I was trying to remember if you are there during the first two weeks Colin?

from the 27th Tony  8)

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »

Yes - still trying to get over the Silver star crooner, reminded me of Jim Bowen (bullseye), and about as boring!!
tony was it Gerry James or something like that
used to sit on our balcony in barras and listen but it was the same as the year before, same songs, same banter, same old jokes  but it was ok as your on your holidays
Helen

don

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »
You can have fun at Thomas Bay with their own Anarchic Bingo! Nicos is pure unadulterated Nuts and it is a laugh to hear Heather his wife berate him. Their quizzes are equally entertaining! Watch out for Christos - he has a favourite number!!!
Bar38 also does a good quiz night with Mick & Helen of the late lamented Sundowner!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:27 AM »

tony was it Gerry James or something like that
used to sit on our balcony in barras and listen but it was the same as the year before, same songs, same banter, same old jokes  but it was ok as your on your holidays
Helen
Yes it was Gerry James with the same repartee from the year before but as your on holiday it doesn't seem to matter. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni