Author Topic: Barras Apts  (Read 33148 times)

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Barras Apts
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »
Hi All,

Never been to San Stefanos before but looking at all the reviews we are hooked...just what we wanted for a 2 week stay! :) We are looking at the Barras apts and just had a question; Do they let you keep your room on if you have a flight early hours the next day as we will be checking out on the friday but the flight isnt going until the early hours saturday morning?

Thanks

Shell x

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Barras Apts
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
It depends really on whether they have anyone else coming in to the apartment that day - if not you can maybe speak to George about keeping it on an extra few hours. Some places charge a little extra for this but its really for discussion with the owner. Difficult if there are guests arriving that evening to move into your apartment - they do have to be cleaned and prepared for new occupants and that job is normally done in the daytime.

If you can't keep the apartment on, departing guests usually can use a room set aside for everyone changing and freshening up before your journey home ( not all at once of course !! )

Anyway, you would have to check with George, the owner once you arrive.
Hope that helps!

don

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
the worst comes to the worst and George cannot supply a late room try next door! We have become good friends with Dominic from Thomas Bay and he has some showers down in the public toilet area. We have used these but it does mean carrying a damp towel home.

zoe

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
if we have a late departure i take a older beach towel and use it on the last day and throw it away when we are ready to get on the coach then no damp suitcase

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
Then again... you could always stuff it in a plastic bag....

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »
Even if you can't keep a room on the owners will let you store your cases safely.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 12:34:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies....Ill check it out when we get there. Just booked the apartments tonight so we are on countdown now :) :D :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 01:22:47 AM »
You will have a great time and now you can join in with all the countdowns we do on here and all the fun we have. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 01:56:58 AM »
ShellBell We are stopping at the Barras From 26 June. When have you booked for?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:48:44 AM »
ShellBell We are stopping at the Barras From 26 June. When have you booked for?
Only Don would like to borrow your shower if it works out OK!! LOL

Also - if you pal up with someone - you often get an invite to loan their shower - we have helped people before as well!!

I take it you are on a night flight - You may be able to keep the room if available - until the early evening for a shower,
then it's not too much of a problem, just secure your cases with George and enjoy a bar somewhere, then finish your evening at the Barras and wait for the bus!!
We did this the year before last when we stayed in the Barras!!
We love the Barras!! Great Location - really central, big roomy Apartments, older than some but cosy and typical of the resort.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
Always a friendly welcome at Barras as well.

don

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:24:46 PM »
Ignore Tony please....... The rest of us do....... Especially the sainted Linda :P

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 02:04:06 AM »
Unfortunately We will be back in the uk by then Don  :'( We fly out on friday 5th June for 2 weeks. I cant wait!! Weve only booked San Stef because of all the lovely reports on here :). We wanted somewhere where we can completely zone out on the beach and have a lovely relaxing evening with the odd drink or 2...or 3...or 4! but not be surrounded by 18-30s....God I sound old! San Stef seems to fit the bill nicely!

don

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 02:07:15 AM »
Unfortunately We will be back in the uk by then Don  :'( We fly out on friday 5th June for 2 weeks. I cant wait!! Weve only booked San Stef because of all the lovely reports on here :). We wanted somewhere where we can completely zone out on the beach and have a lovely relaxing evening with the odd drink or 2...or 3...or 4! but not be surrounded by 18-30s....God I sound old! San Stef seems to fit the bill nicely!

There's always next year. You will be back.... Hasta La Vista!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 03:33:22 AM »

There's always next year. You will be back.... Hasta La Vista!!!
San Stef is made for you if that is (like us) - your kind of holiday, the only 18-30 there is Don of course!!! LOL
I am sure you will manage the night flight / shower problem OK.
Have a super time and please do a post to let us all know what you thought and how you got on!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni