Author Topic: September Weather  (Read 9241 times)

Offline lorenzo

• View Profile
September Weather
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:39:57 PM »
Considering returning for the fifth year in succesion but first time with no kids hooray  :) third week in September but worried will be to cold and dark early. Anybody been this time of year?

don

Re: September Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
We go on 25th would be as interested as you are. Did go towards the end of October a good few years back. Had great storms the British summer time weather but can't recall what time sundown occurred

Offline lorenzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
Weve had fantastic storms in July Don !! Great to watch from Teresas

zoe

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
we went 10th october last year around the 22 to 24 just needed a thin cardi in the early evening but seemed to warm up around 9pm bit cool in the pool but still went in everyday were told it had rained befor we got there but we never had any as we had been away in the june and baked it was very nice and comfey and no mozzies

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »
we have been the last 2 septembers, and last year the middle 2 weeks i think.

the first week was absolutely scorching hot all week, evenings just as hot !!!!  was hottest i had known it. However......that did lead to 3 days of mega thunderstorms and downpours !!! but then it cleared the air to a more reasonable temperature.

Sarah H

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 12:09:11 AM »
1st 2 weeks September last year were fantastic. Very hot and hardly any wind at all. The year before much the same but very windy most of the time. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 01:35:17 AM »
Not that i've been in September and a lot of the 'regulars' on this forum obviously have a better idea, but when we decided to visit this year (coming in June), i also thought about September, but i'm a bit of a weather geek and i checked a weather website called wunderground.

This site has historical data going back about 20 years for anywhere on earth! Corfu history shows high humidity and most years in September, thunderstorms, so that's why we chose 2nd half of June for our visit. Watch! We'll prob have thunderstorms in June!

Can't afford too many 'non-sunshine' days or i'll get earache from the better half for choosing the wrong weeks!!

don

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
1st 2 weeks September last year were fantastic. Very hot and hardly any wind at all. The year before much the same but very windy most of the time. :)

Probably your change of diet dear !!!!  ::) :o ::)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »

Just knew I shouldn't have mentioned wind lol!!!!!!!!! :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 05:22:17 AM »

Just knew I shouldn't have mentioned wind lol!!!!!!!!! :)
We have done Sept for the past 10 years, as Zoe said - may need a light jacket in the evenings,
Didn't find it too humid at all as a breeze always blows onto the beach, you may get a few v/windy days as they have the Mistral
(windy weather) cycles of around 10 days between dead calm and gusty winds - never been a problem - hot in the day!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni