Author Topic: So where are you staying? and why?  (Read 26072 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
So where are you staying? and why?
« on: April 27, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »
I see Holiday uncovered has our apartments - The Rose Garden - in 4th place [ goodness knows how they work these things out ] we primarily chose it because it's a little way out of town and looks just right in supplying 2 bedrooms, a/con [ got to have that] and situated where I can take my early morning walk - I'm an early riser.
Hope this Mexican swine thing doesnt interupt travel

don

Re: So where are you staying? and why?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »
I shall give your question the justice it so thoroughly deserves:- Barras becuse it is central for all the places we like. Also CHEAP AS CHIPS, now watch Chrisno2 go on the attack! Not painted Yellow, to please Tonyco1. Later the Little Prince, firstly because we have never stayed there and secondly - Dimitri, Pipina and Mike the owners are not just good people, we are honoured to call them friends. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:45:14 PM by don »

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
trying theodosia for the first time. Staying there because its what Noula has left! have stayed at Efi, Dimitra, Theodora and one year at Moros.... like the look of the Rose garden but would feel disloyal to Noula.... agree the location is great.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:04:22 AM »
Staying at Teresa again (our 8th time) Good views and extremely good value for money. The owners are brilliant as well and very friendly.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:40:17 AM »
We checked out the Theodosia last year and they look really good - so we booked them this year.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »
what time don do you have to get up to clean the pool don things people do to save money,

5th june christinas appts/fedra mare

chris

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:26:41 PM »
did you actually look them over Tony? all i have is the info on NOula's website. They look fine and the position is good.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:56 AM »
did you actually look them over Tony? all i have is the info on NOula's website. They look fine and the position is good.
We walked up to the Apts, someone on the Ground Floor chatted with us and showed her Apt.
Very clean, nice and modern. Not quite as big inside as the Barras - but V/similar to the Little Prince Apts.
V/good write up from someone else who stayed there "somewhere" on this website!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Barnetrob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
Hello,

Me and the missus will be coming over for the first time in Sept this year, and are undecided between Teresa or Thomas Bay!!

Decisions Decisions!!

Any preference between the 2?

zoe

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
thomas bay very clean and staff  cant do enough for you food fine we go in taverners at lunch time to try out other places as it is usualy just as cheep to have a meal as get a sarnie and bits have not stayed in teresas but from things put on forum it is very good all comes down to if you want half board or not

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
Depends whether you prefer self catering or half board.  Have stayed twice at Teresas and couldn't fault them.  Never stayed at Thomas Bay but have eaten in the restaurant a couple of times and never been disappointed.
I am sure you will enjoy which ever one you decide upon.  We are staying at the Olga for the first time this year in July.  Nine weeks tomorrow.  Can't wait.

Offline lorenzo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:06:10 PM »
Barnetrob

Teresas every time fantastic views from front self catering block superb pool thats never crowded. Then theres Fanis Leo and Nikos who look after you as if its your own home. Brilliant greek night to. :D

don

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »
Barnetrob

Teresas every time fantastic views from front self catering block superb pool thats never crowded. Then theres Fanis Leo and Nikos who look after you as if its your own home. Brilliant greek night to. :D

Apart from the names of the people you could be describing anywhere we have stayed in San Stef!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »
thanks for info Tony. I have never yet stayed anywhere through Noula that wasn't fine. But do let me know what you think when you get there! I arrive in the week you are leaving i think (27th July)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 12:35:09 AM »
Hello,

Me and the missus will be coming over for the first time in Sept this year, and are undecided between Teresa or Thomas Bay!!

Decisions Decisions!!

Any preference between the 2?
As others have said the only real difference is that the front block at Teresa is self catering (the rear block being B&B) with terrific sea views and sunsets. Also located up a hill. The Thomas Bay is half board and in the middle of the village on the flat. Don't know what the rooms etc are like at Thomas Bay as never stayed there but at Teresa the rooms are basic but adequate in the self catering apartments. The B&B apartments are much newer and more modern. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni