Author Topic: What will you read by the pool?  (Read 32900 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
What will you read by the pool?
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
Anyone read any good books recently. I want to take a good book this year to stop me buying endless magazines so all suggesstions welcome . :)

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

Re: What will you read by the pool?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
Quite seriously..... Whatever I pick up! I quite literally have 300+ unread books in various bags and the top boxes of a 6 door run of wardrobe!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:31:43 AM »
Quite seriously..... Whatever I pick up! I quite literally have 300+ unread books in various bags and the top boxes of a 6 door run of wardrobe!
I bought Dexter last year - brilliant book - couldn't put it down.
I lent it out to Linda, the guys and girls at work and everyone loved it.
Based on the TV series about a "Good" serial killer who kills bad guys -
great edge of seat thriller and you can't help but cheer him on!!

Series 3 started on FX fri 22:00.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
Got to admit I'm hopeless on holiday. As some people know (Mick & Sally especially) I'll read a book a day! Trouble is that would be my baggage allowance for a 14 nighter. I save them up and pass to Liz from Willies Wash House for her winter reading! Wow a Scot who isn't tight? Are you reading Chris?

zoe

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:47:29 AM »
have to say if i get a good book cant put it down last year read ps i love you could not put it down read 3 books in rhodes in june and 4 in san stef in october  so will pick out 3 to take plus mags

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 02:18:35 AM »
Got to admit I'm hopeless on holiday. As some people know (Mick & Sally especially) I'll read a book a day! Trouble is that would be my baggage allowance for a 14 nighter. I save them up and pass to Liz from Willies Wash House for her winter reading! Wow a Scot who isn't tight? Are you reading Chris?
Linda read a good book - I will get the title for you!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
wilbur smith john grisham clive cussler or any crime writer will keep me happy at the pool side

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
A selection of travelogue books on Corfu and a miscelleny of British Lions stories

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
Jules

If you like a good girly read any books by the Irish girls - Sheila O'Flanagan, Patricia Scanlon, Maeve Binchy or any of the Shopaholic books.

I have collected about 4 or 5 books to take in July.  Also at the Teresa they have a good selection of books for swapping.

don

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »
If I could be allowed to fantasise...Behave Chris.... Down Tony! I would love to read a full blog of every posters holiday in 2009. From warts and all views of  Premises, rooms, fellow guests, bars & tavernas and food & drink. Each meal to be captured in perfect detail. As travelogues go it would be one I just wouldn't be able to put down. I would really like to see those of SueLa and JulesT as we will miss them this year! 

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
Wilbur Smith's new book 'Assegai' is in my case already, as is 'The associate' by John Grisham. They will keep me going for a fortnight.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
Jules.... I am a big fan of an american writer called Anita Shreve... anything by her is worth reading, but especially... the last time they met.. also her best is prob  light on snow... I often change books at Noulas (either office ) cos i go through that many! (Also like anything by Rose Tremain) I get all of my books from local charity shops and then re-cycle except i usually buy the newest Shreve when it come out. Just bought the ds 100 books chip for my ds... but cant read them in strong light...

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »
Jules

If you like a good girly read any books by the Irish girls - Sheila O'Flanagan, Patricia Scanlon, Maeve Binchy or any of the Shopaholic books.

I have collected about 4 or 5 books to take in July.  Also at the Teresa they have a good selection of books for swapping.
read one of the shopaholic books on the train going to work, i had to stop cos of the funny looks when i would burst out laughing , enjoyed it
helen

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »
Jules

read one of the shopaholic books on the train going to work, i had to stop cos of the funny looks when i would burst out laughing , enjoyed it
helen
What are the Shopaholic books? :-[
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
Jules

Hi Stromer
I like the Maeve Binchy books normally. Has she got any new ones out?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni