Author Topic: Yiannis Grill  (Read 68109 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Yiannis Grill
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 02:49:30 AM »
Now back to Yiannis. Does anyone know if he will be about at all ?
I have thought very hard about this one

Hhhmmmmmmm - -

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - -

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm---

NO
Are all those Hhhmmmmmmms due to forgetfullnss maybe - -

I really can't remember? - what was the question? - Oh! I remember - it was a meat pie I wanted!!
You can get them from Altzimers R Us!!
and did you forget how to spell forgetfulness maybe? [age-thing]!!

ALZHEIMERS even!
Forgot how to spell it!!
Wait and see re Yiannis - Gwen - do you know?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline corfuaddicts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
Having just returned from two fantastic weeks in San Stef where we had some fabulous meals as usual we have to say that one of these was NOT at the Yiannis. Based on previous recommendations we went on the spit roast lamb night. They offer a set meal for 8 euros including garlic bread or a variety of flavours of home made soup, which was definetly not home made and probably not made in Corfu, with roast lamb, roasties and fresh salad. Maybe the lamb was previously cooked on the spit but it wasn't that day especially as you could not smell it cooking whilst we sat there sipping the free glass of TCP sorry red wine! the salad was nice though.  Maybe this was a one off night but we will not be going back especially when you compare this to the value for money you can get elsewhere in San Stef nowadays!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »
Having just returned from two fantastic weeks in San Stef where we had some fabulous meals as usual we have to say that one of these was NOT at the Yiannis. Based on previous recommendations we went on the spit roast lamb night. They offer a set meal for 8 euros including garlic bread or a variety of flavours of home made soup, which was definetly not home made and probably not made in Corfu, with roast lamb, roasties and fresh salad. Maybe the lamb was previously cooked on the spit but it wasn't that day especially as you could not smell it cooking whilst we sat there sipping the free glass of TCP sorry red wine! the salad was nice though.  Maybe this was a one off night but we will not be going back especially when you compare this to the value for money you can get elsewhere in San Stef nowadays!
Not owned by the Yiannis we all have raved about anymore so that would explain it.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »

You wouldn't miss the lamb roasting away just to the right of the door!  Oh well, somewhere scratched of our list! Cheers for the info!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »
The Paradise Taverna is supposed to be renowned for its Spit Roast Lamb so we are trying there this year seeing as Yiannis has moved on.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 02:34:37 AM »
Jules hope to say count us in for august! Long Long Shot but stranger things have happened!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
Jules hope to say count us in for august! Long Long Shot but stranger things have happened!
I think -I will scratch the new Yannis Grill as well - I couldn't hack that - Thanks for the tip CorfuAddicts!!
Don - behave - Jules is getting excited - august is a no-no for us - too expensive - too many kids!!
I am fine with a few kids around - any more and it's too many!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »
I think -I will scratch the new Yannis Grill as well - I couldn't hack that - Thanks for the tip CorfuAddicts!!
Don - behave - Jules is getting excited - august is a no-no for us - too expensive - too many kids!!
End of August is not to bad for kids - most have gone home for new school terms and usually only under school age left.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
End of August is not to bad for kids - most have gone home for new school terms and usually only under school age left.
Hhmmmm - not so sure about that - maybe up at Tereza's !!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 12:16:58 AM »
Hhmmmm - not so sure about that - maybe up at Tereza's !!
That's when we always go and not many kids about at all :)

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
Nice walk to Paradise and an even nicer one coming back via WWW Internet Cafe, especially if they have a live act on.
Yannis though holds great memories of good friendships formed.
Indeed it does Don. Can't imagine San Stef without the hustle and bustle of Yiannis. I wonder if he is opening up somewhere else instead?
I got told last year that Yianni  was looking to open a pool bar not sure though where could be towards Arillas but just guessing

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 01:06:16 AM »
Nice walk to Paradise and an even nicer one coming back via WWW Internet Cafe, especially if they have a live act on.
Indeed it does Don. Can't imagine San Stef without the hustle and bustle of Yiannis. I wonder if he is opening up somewhere else instead?
I got told last year that Yianni  was looking to open a pool bar not sure though where could be towards Arillas but just guessing
I think he's in the take away place opposite Athens bar

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 08:32:04 PM »
I think he's in the take away place opposite Athens bar
That was as per our reporter on the spot in San Stefanos!!

don

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
Personally think august not too bad. I love kids but I couldn't eat a whole one!! Tried it curried in West Indies and ate some with Cous Cous in Tunisia!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 03:23:44 AM »
Personally think august not too bad. I love kids but I couldn't eat a whole one!! Tried it curried in West Indies and ate some with Cous Cous in Tunisia!
Yes - we heard you loved to eat certain things!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni