Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

Best Map

(1/3) > >>

deemac:
I have just received the map from "Mapman" which was drawn, by hand, by him. He includes his reasons for taking on such a daunting task. He lived on the Island and using all sorts of map, frequently got lost because roads shown did not exist or were only tracks. The  result is very impressive and he guarantees all roads shown do exist, although being some years old, new roads may have been built, or tracks upgraded. One example of this is the road which by-passes Sidari is shown as a track. I would have no hesitation to recommend this map if you intend to drive in Corfu.  You can contact Stephan at: thecorfumap@ntlworld.com

Jules:

--- Quote from: deemac on April 18, 2009, 03:56:14 PM ---I have just received the map from "Mapman" which was drawn, by hand, by him. He includes his reasons for taking on such a daunting task. He lived on the Island and using all sorts of map, frequently got lost because roads shown did not exist or were only tracks. The  result is very impressive and he guarantees all roads shown do exist, although being some years old, new roads may have been built, or tracks upgraded. One example of this is the road which by-passes Sidari is shown as a track. I would have no hesitation to recommend this map if you intend to drive in Corfu.  You can contact Stephan at: thecorfumap@ntlworld.com

--- End quote ---
Definitley worth it just for it being hand drawn as well.

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: JULES T on April 18, 2009, 07:42:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: deemac on April 18, 2009, 03:56:14 PM ---I have just received the map from "Mapman" which was drawn, by hand, by him. He includes his reasons for taking on such a daunting task. He lived on the Island and using all sorts of map, frequently got lost because roads shown did not exist or were only tracks. The  result is very impressive and he guarantees all roads shown do exist, although being some years old, new roads may have been built, or tracks upgraded. One example of this is the road which by-passes Sidari is shown as a track. I would have no hesitation to recommend this map if you intend to drive in Corfu.  You can contact Stephan at: thecorfumap@ntlworld.com

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I ordered two MAPs today, from Stephen, only £7 for two so a good buy -
I will pass one on somewhere along the line, or maybe not!!.

Hey - -I received my Maps - Brilliant - thanks to Stephen the Artist !!

Jules:

--- Quote from: tonyco1 on April 24, 2009, 02:48:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: JULES T on April 18, 2009, 07:42:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I ordered two MAPs today, from Stephen, only £7 for two so a good buy -
I will pass one on somewhere along the line, or maybe not!!.

Hey - -I received my Maps - Brilliant - thanks to Stephen the Artist !!

--- End quote ---
Definitely worth having - even if you don't need it - they look good .

Zimmer:
are there any good o/s maps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version