Author Topic: Best Map  (Read 15389 times)

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Best Map
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
I have just received the map from "Mapman" which was drawn, by hand, by him. He includes his reasons for taking on such a daunting task. He lived on the Island and using all sorts of map, frequently got lost because roads shown did not exist or were only tracks. The  result is very impressive and he guarantees all roads shown do exist, although being some years old, new roads may have been built, or tracks upgraded. One example of this is the road which by-passes Sidari is shown as a track. I would have no hesitation to recommend this map if you intend to drive in Corfu.  You can contact Stephan at: thecorfumap@ntlworld.com

deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Best Map
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
I have just received the map from "Mapman" which was drawn, by hand, by him. He includes his reasons for taking on such a daunting task. He lived on the Island and using all sorts of map, frequently got lost because roads shown did not exist or were only tracks. The  result is very impressive and he guarantees all roads shown do exist, although being some years old, new roads may have been built, or tracks upgraded. One example of this is the road which by-passes Sidari is shown as a track. I would have no hesitation to recommend this map if you intend to drive in Corfu.  You can contact Stephan at: thecorfumap@ntlworld.com
Definitley worth it just for it being hand drawn as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »
I ordered two MAPs today, from Stephen, only £7 for two so a good buy -
I will pass one on somewhere along the line, or maybe not!!.

Hey - -I received my Maps - Brilliant - thanks to Stephen the Artist !!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:07:40 PM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
I ordered two MAPs today, from Stephen, only £7 for two so a good buy -
I will pass one on somewhere along the line, or maybe not!!.

Hey - -I received my Maps - Brilliant - thanks to Stephen the Artist !!
Definitely worth having - even if you don't need it - they look good .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
are there any good o/s maps?

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »
No. The "offficial" map has taken up so many dead ends! Spephan's is The One.
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 08:57:10 PM »
The reason Stephen made his map was because most of the others around were rubbish. His is definitley the best one to have.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »
The reason Stephen made his map was because most of the others around were rubbish. His is definitley the best one to have.
I have studied the top half of the Island and compared to a couple of maps I bought - no comparison - Stephen is KING!!
Very Accurate!!

zoe

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »
how long did you have to wait till you got the maps i think we may have left it to late

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 01:31:21 AM »
how long did you have to wait till you got the maps i think we may have left it to late
Less than a week.

zoe

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »
thanks jules think i will get one last time we went we were not to bad but did go past one local man twice in one direction and once going the other way he just smiled but thats part of the fun

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »
Less than a week.
A lot less than a week!
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 02:50:30 AM »
thanks jules think i will get one last time we went we were not to bad but did go past one local man twice in one direction and once going the other way he just smiled but thats part of the fun
Definitley part of the fun as we can verify to that one -Been lost loads of times and loved every minute of it. Found places we would not have got to otherwise. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:56:44 PM »
Just tell Stephen you need it super quick - he will first class post it immediately,
you can pay by Paypal instant transfer!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni