Author Topic: Hotel Romanza info please  (Read 7616 times)

Offline julie49

• View Profile
Hotel Romanza info please
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
We are staying at the Romanza in June for 2 weeks.  This is the first time we have stayed b&b, normally do sc, can anyone please tell me how often the rooms are serviced and towels/linen changed? Do we need to take some decent sized bath towels?  I see there is a fridge in the room, does anyone know if they supply glasses etc for drinks on the balcony? I was hoping to be able to take a travel kettle, and also to make a packed lunch for some days, any advice? I have already worked out sensible shoes are needed for the walk into the village, any other tips please? I see there is not a cash machine in San Stefanos, do most places take credit cards for meals and shopping?  Any advice for a first time visitors to Corfu greatly received.  Thanks

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Romanza info please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:43:01 PM »
There is an ATM at Thomas Bay Hotel which became operational last year. When we were there in June it was empty much of the time, hopefully it will be refilled more often this year. The nearest alternatives are in Arilles or Avliotes.
deemac

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:12 PM »
Stayed at Romanza twice before. The rooms are basic but kept clean, dont remember how often maids in tho. dont recall problems with towels.

They have a pay phone in reception, which wasnt expensive to call home.

There is no kettle in the room so advise take travel one with you. there was a fridge in the room and i think there were glasses. We took lunch and drinks back from the bar, and returned the plates etc later.

It is a steep climb back up to Romanza, but well worth the climb. The views are stunning and the hotel and the staff are great, food is of a high standard too.

Am sure you will enjoy your holiday and end up returning year after year.

Sarah H

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:23:30 AM »
The food is lovely at the Romanza. The last time we went there was 6 of us and it was good job we had booked as we wouldn't have got in otherwise. They certainly do have a very good reputation as well. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 04:03:50 AM »
We have never stayed there as too high up the hill for athletes like me!!
We did eat there a couple of times and it was v/good.
Do they have kitchen equipment in the apartments or is it more like a hotel room??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni