Author Topic: Transfer from airport to San Stefanos  (Read 17369 times)

Offline smudgum

• View Profile
Transfer from airport to San Stefanos
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »
This will be our first trip to Corfu and we have chosen San Stefanos, partly through reading all the excellent reviews!  There are only two of us as it is our first holiday without our children.  We have booked our flights and accommodation (Hotel Athina) separately. 

So what should I do now, hire a car for the week from the airport or hire a taxi for the transfers? 

How much would we expect to pay for the taxi?

Car hire works out at about £140 for the week and would allow us to explore the island.  I think I would prefer to hire a car, if so can anyone recommend a company?

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer from airport to San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 02:58:49 PM »
I hire a car. Most companies will meet you at the airport, this year I have booked with value cars - link - http://www.corfucarrentals.com/index.htm as they have received many recommendations on the forum. Make sure you get a good map though,those supplied by rental cos. can be pretty ropey. Contact <thecorfumap@ntlworld.com> for the best available. Enjoy your holiday.
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
Taxis from the airport will probably be in the region of €45 to €50 each way so to have a car for the week sounds like a good idea. Most will have your car at the airport for you. If having a taxi make sure you agree the price first. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline smudgum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response!  I love the fact that you are all part of a lively helpful forum - good sign for San Stefanos!

We do have sat nav (TomTom) with maps of Europe - will it work instead of maps?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response!  I love the fact that you are all part of a lively helpful forum - good sign for San Stefanos!

We do have sat nav (TomTom) with maps of Europe - will it work instead of maps?
Don't see why not - but someone like Tonyc may know better. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
Your tom tom should work in corfu if you have the european maps installed

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
Sorry, satnav will not work in Corfu, mine is a tom-tom. Greece is now available as an extra but is not part of Europe as far as they are concerned!
deemac

don

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:40:21 PM »
As non-drivers who associate buses with the journey to work, we always arrange transfers through Noula at San Stefano Travel. Really good service and to us well worth the money.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:36:24 AM »
This will be our first trip to Corfu and we have chosen San Stefanos, partly through reading all the excellent reviews!  There are only two of us as it is our first holiday without our children.  We have booked our flights and accommodation (Hotel Athina) separately. 

So what should I do now, hire a car for the week from the airport or hire a taxi for the transfers? 

How much would we expect to pay for the taxi?

Car hire works out at about £140 for the week and would allow us to explore the island.  I think I would prefer to hire a car, if so can anyone recommend a company?
Most Companies are similar - check on line!! If you get £140 then go for it - I have posted comprensive directions on the Information Page, about the 3rd entry down, should help you, combined with a good map.
I am sure the TOM TOM info above is correct as well!!
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline smudgum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 02:20:57 AM »
Thanks everyone, I can't wait until we are heading off from Corfu Airport, map in hand!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
Thanks everyone, I can't wait until we are heading off from Corfu Airport, map in hand!
Just remember to turn right at the T junction at the end of the airport road - or you may end up in Kavos!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »
Just remember to turn right at the T junction at the end of the airport road - or you may end up in Kavos!!!
Now wouldn't that be an experience!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

don

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

Now come on Jules...... We know you're the original Disco Diva, the one who has all the right moves... And I won't even bring up your wardrobe.. LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 05:43:18 AM »

Now come on Jules...... We know you're the original Disco Diva, the one who has all the right moves... And I won't even bring up your wardrobe.. LOL
I heard that too!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

Says he !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni