Author Topic: The taxis of San Stef  (Read 15184 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
The taxis of San Stef
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
Reliable? pricey? I guess that if we went over to Arillas a local taverna could arrange a taxi back? theres also a spit of land with two beaches out toward Ag Georgios is that feasable by taxi?

Thanks

don

Re: The taxis of San Stef
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
When we asked last year we were told that there were no locally based taxis. We would have to phone Sidari and pay for it to come from there.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
When we asked last year we were told that there were no locally based taxis. We would have to phone Sidari and pay for it to come from there.

So probably walking back from Arillas at night would be difficult then?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »

You can walk back along the road as long as you watch out for any cars which will probably be few and far between. The roads are not that busy. Not difficult at all as long you don't try the headland route. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

You can walk back along the road as long as you watch out for any cars which will probably be few and far between. The roads are not that busy. Not difficult at all as long you don't try the headland route. :)

is it hilly? and how long at moferate pace

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:15:14 AM »

is it hilly? and how long at moderate pace
It is a bit hilly on the way back from arrillas, if you push along moderately about a 30 min walk,
but I was younger, fitter, thinner then - not sure I'd want to do it on a full stomach and a few beers.

I thought Tassos in Captinas Apts, ran local Taxi's - I did use them in the past!! - anyone know the latest??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »

is it hilly? and how long at moderate pace
It is a bit hilly on the way back from arrillas, if you push along moderately about a 30 min walk,
but I was younger, fitter, thinner then - not sure I'd want to do it on a full stomach and a few beers.

I thought Tassos in Captinas Apts, ran local Taxi's - I did use them in the past!! - anyone know the latest??
Not sure about taxis in Arillas but was always told if you needed one in SS they had to come from somewhere else which I thought was Sidari.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
When we were in San Stef two years ago, there was a taxi operator in Arillas as we took one back on a hot Sunday afternoon having walked over. Walking by road is hilly coming out of Arillas and will take around 25 minutes, not too sure if I'd fancy walking back in the dark!

don

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:30 PM »
When we were in San Stef two years ago, there was a taxi operator in Arillas as we took one back on a hot Sunday afternoon having walked over. Walking by road is hilly coming out of Arillas and will take around 25 minutes, not too sure if I'd fancy walking back in the dark!

Where is your Avatar from. Mine was at the Sunset Taverna!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »
Avatar from Zakynthos last year, The Buca bar on the beach at Alikes. Alikes is a small quiet and friendly resort, just like San Stef. Cheers!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »
Hi Gordon
I stayed in Alikes last year, at the Letsos, the resort was good the Letsos was not so good, we had a fab Holiday all the same!  8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 04:32:25 AM »
Avatar from Zakynthos last year, The Buca bar on the beach at Alikes. Alikes is a small quiet and friendly resort, just like San Stef. Cheers!
Come on guys - stick a picture back up!!
We need to know who to throw darts at on the beach!! LOL

don

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

Don't you think Alcoholic Avatars get you in the mood for holidays?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »

For holidays and week ends ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 02:49:48 AM »

For holidays and week ends ;)
My week never seems to end!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni