Author Topic: What size suitcase  (Read 73955 times)

don

Re: What size suitcase
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »
If you check out another Post - you will realise that Don is known as WOBBIN!!

Yup! Fatman and Wobbin.............. Guess who Tony is?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »
Or even maybe WOBBLIN lol!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2009, 01:48:11 AM »
Or even maybe WOBBLIN lol!!
I see that Don is getting rude to me, I make him my side kick and he calls me fatman - thats gratitude for you!!
The position may become vacant Jules - you will be the understudy!!
It's a good job I don't get rude and become "Shortist" - or Don-nie Corbett will be made to sit in the BIG Naughty Chair again!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
Decided to buy 2 new cases and went for 2 at 27" . We will definitely get all we need in these and hopefully will enable us not to have any of them overweight as well. On our tickets maximum weight is now 23 kilos when it used to be 32 kilos
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »
Can anyone tell me what size case classifies as hand luggage?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
Just got this off Thomsons website

Baggage Policy for Flight-Only Customers
For customers travelling after 1st May 2009
All flight-only customers are entitled to a free hand luggage allowance of up to 5kg. Customers wishing to check in luggage may do so for a small charge by selecting the option whilst making a booking. A maximum of 5 items of luggage can be pre-booked by each passenger. Prices start from £6.50/€10,00/$16.00 per item per journey, and vary by route.

Customers choosing to pre-book their luggage allowance in advance on this website can save up to 50% when compared to prices at the airport or when booked via the call centre.

Each passenger who has opted to pay for check in luggage has a total allowance of 20kg per person, irrespective of the number of bags checked in. Please note that each item may not exceed 20kg without excess baggage charges being levied. Any single item of checked-in luggage must not exceed 23kg, as this exceeds the recommended guidelines for airport baggage handlers to lift.

Each passenger may also take up to 5kg of hand luggage on board. Any extra weight required for hold baggage can be pre-booked on Thomson.co.uk/flights.com during the booking process at up to 50% discount when compared to airport prices.

Customers choosing to book a Premium Seat (on selected flights) will enjoy an inclusive check in baggage allowance. Premium seats include a total of 30kg baggage allowance (a maximum of 23kg can be checked in to the hold and up to 7kg can be taken on board).

Please also see our Standard Baggage Conditions below.

Baggage Policy for customers traveling as part of an Inclusive Tour
Customers traveling with Thomson Airways as part of an inclusive holiday should refer to the baggage allowance stipulated by their Tour Operator, which is normally shown in the brochure, or on the ticket. Baggage allowances vary depending on the holiday product purchased and the Tour Operator from who the holiday product has been purchased.

Customers should consult their travel documentation closely before traveling.

Please also see our Standard Baggage Conditions below.

Standard Baggage Conditions
Any baggage may only be accepted if it is packed and secured in suitcases or similar containers and capable of withstanding reasonable handling.

Any passenger presenting baggage that is insecurely or insufficiently packed or is already damaged must sign a disclaimer waiving their right to any subsequent claim.

Each customer may take one item of hand baggage weighing no more than the limits shown above (maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm). Other bags such as handbags, laptop bags or laptop computers must be carried within the single item of cabin baggage. It is recommended that video cameras, mobile telephones and other valuable items and medication should be carried as hand luggage. You must be able to lift this yourself into overhead storage compartments or the bag must fit under the seat in front of you.

Customers will only be able to carry Hypodermic Syringes in their hand luggage if supporting an approved "Diabetic Doctors letter". Customers carrying such items must also advise check-in staff.

If your total baggage weight exceeds the limit detailed on your booking confirmation, excess hold baggage will be accepted for carriage subject to the conditions of acceptance of excess baggage, and will be charged at the current excess baggage charge (per kg) each way. This rate will vary by destination. Extra weight can be purchased in advance on Thomson.co.uk/flights.com at a discount during the flight booking process, or via the call centre.

Can I combine my baggage allowance with someone else?
Yes, we allow pooling of the hold baggage allowance for passengers travelling together.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2009, 01:43:23 AM »
Can anyone tell me what size case classifies as hand luggage?
Size was it Don? -  Seems each Airline has slight differences - two examples below:

From Easy Jet Site =
Baggage Allowances Each passenger is permitted
    * one standard piece of hand baggage to maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm

From the BAA Heathrow site: =
Hand baggage restrictions
If your airline allows it, you may take more than one item of hand baggage through security control.
Cabin baggage must be no larger than:

• 56cm (22in) tall
• 45cm (17.7in) wide
• 25cm (10in) deep.

However, please check with your airline – some operate further limits on the number and size of bags.
All items carried will be X-ray screened.

* Laptop computers and large electrical items must be removed from baggage and placed in trays separately.
    * Put all small items like keys, coins, mobile phones into your coat or hand baggage and place these in a tray.
    * Place your hand baggage in the tray.
    * If you have liquids in containers of 100ml or less, put them into a clear resealable bag and place them alongside other items in your tray.
    * Pushchairs and walking aids will be X-ray screened.
    * Wheelchairs will be thoroughly searched.

To save time, we advise you to place only valuables and items you need for the flight into your hand baggage.
Travelling with liquids – 100ml rule
Only limited quantities of liquids may be carried through security control in hand baggage. This includes bottled drinks, suntan lotion, fragrances, cosmetics and toiletries.
The following restrictions apply to all liquids, creams, gels, pastes and aerosols taken through security control:
• Liquid items may only be carried in containers holding up to 100ml.
• They must be carried separately in a single transparent, resealable plastic bag.
• The bag must be no larger than 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in) and all items must fit inside so that it closes properly.
• At security control the bag must be placed separately on the conveyor belt for screening.
• Liquid items larger than 100ml should be packed in your hold luggage – otherwise they will be confiscated.

Exceptions to the 100ml rule can be made for baby food or milk. However, you should only carry what you need for the flight, and you will be asked to taste at least 50% of the containers at security control.
Exceptions may also be made for medicines. However, you may be asked to taste any liquid medicines, or to provide evidence (such as a doctor's letter) that you need them for your journey.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2009, 11:55:27 PM »
Well the packing is done in our 2 new 27" suitcases. All packed by my own fair hands and each just weighs in at about 19 kilos. Buying new cases was the right thing to do. One of our old cases was to big at 30" and always weighed about 26 kilos packed and the smaller one at 26" was a bit to small and always weighed about 15 kilos packed.With the new maximum weight at 23 kilos the new cases have proven to be just right for us.

don

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2009, 02:34:42 AM »
Jules that works at 41 kilo , fair enough guesstimated, but we did 21 nights at under 35 kilo and still brought 20% home unworn. What do you really, and REALLY is the operative word, NEED to take?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
Don - that's a nasty question - - -
What Jules Really - Really needs - is;
40 pairs of knickers in various shades and colours mainly thongs of course
          (she always throws a pair at the Karaoke singer doing Tom Jones!)
40 pairs of shoes to match the knickers  - - including a pair of Doc Martins!!
40 outfits to match the shoes - mix of shorts, trousers, jeans, tops, dresses - all too short to be decent!!
4 beach Towels
Make-up, ladies stuff, miscellaneous bits!!

What Roy needs - yes really needs!
Sunglasses with mirrored lens! (most important)
Wallet full of money
3 T-shirts
3 underwear
1 pair socks for travelling
1 pair sandals or crocs
3 shorts, (2 for swimming - 1 for evenings)!
1 Beach Towel

Hhmmmmmmmm!! Roy - you're taking too much!!

don

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
I see............... Hence the Man Bag..... Is that the clear plastic one carried through security?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2009, 10:01:43 AM »
Jules that works at 41 kilo , fair enough guesstimated, but we did 21 nights at under 35 kilo and still brought 20% home unworn. What do you really, and REALLY is the operative word, NEED to take?
We have both cut down this year but am still tempted to put a bit more in lol!!!! ;) :o

zoe

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »
every year i say i will cut down i did this year and we still had stuff we didnt wear but i am going to be good in september and try to cut down again roy says we will still take stuff home not worn

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2009, 07:21:35 PM »
Jules / Zoe - never a truer word spoken - you always bring something home unworn!! I always do!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni