Author Topic: What size suitcase  (Read 73949 times)

don

Re: What size suitcase
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »
1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of mules & buy flip flops there. I'm nothing if not cheap!
You said it Don lol!!! Wait for the comments from you know who!!! ;)
Some people walk right into it!!
Don - the Sandal king - with brazil footie socks on the beach - I CAN PICTURE IT NOW!!
But C'mon Don - MULES!!!! no doubt with heels as you sashay - - yes saˇshay along the Prom!!
i.e. To strut or flounce in a showy manner: sashaying around the dinner party in his fancy new clothes & high heel Mules.
Oh!! Boy - I just can't wait!!

So you didn't disappear for a sarcasm by-pass ................ Welcome back old timer!  :D
Hi'ya Don - been busy - one of my Dogs is whelping and has 2 puppies so far tonight -
it's gonn'a be a long night as the scan indicated 6.
Me sarcastic - hhmmmmm!!! must be a mistake!! LOL

Hope all goes well. What breed Mr Midwife?
Miniature Schnauzer - see the piccy of a puppy that ran towards me - ears lifted by the windspeed!!
These dogs grow a beard by 6 months old, (bit like Sue & Jules before the treatment!!).
All six puppies born ok, (4 girls - 2 boys), mum well - great mother in fact.
We just helped out as midwives, to prevent umbilical hernia's etc, make sure the airway is clear and try to revive
any non-breathers. As it happened - all was well. We hope to have sold the litter by the time we depart on holiday.
We may posibly keep one.
However, we have a friend on standby to care for any pups that are still here.
We are looking after one of her puppies (8 weeks old) while she is away on a cunard cruise, reciprical agreement!!
I always feel sad to see the Corfu Strays, knowing the likelyhood of their next winter!!

Always had GSD girls but unfortunately a dog free zone now as we are out of the house for close to 11 hours each day. In the past we were able to go home for lunch. Now looking to retirement and reconsidering. I miss the exercise!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »
1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of mules & buy flip flops there. I'm nothing if not cheap!
Don - the Sandal king - with brazil footie socks on the beach - I CAN PICTURE IT NOW!!
But C'mon Don - MULES!!!! no doubt with heels as you sashay - - yes saˇshay along the Prom!!
i.e. To strut or flounce in a showy manner: sashaying around the dinner party in his fancy new clothes & high heel Mules.

So you didn't disappear for a sarcasm by-pass ................ Welcome back old timer!  :D
Hi'ya Don - been busy - one of my Dogs is whelping and has 2 puppies so far tonight -

Miniature Schnauzer - see the piccy of a puppy that ran towards me - ears lifted by the windspeed!!
These dogs grow a beard by 6 months old, (bit like Sue & Jules before the treatment!!).
We just helped out as midwives, to prevent umbilical hernia's etc, make sure the airway is clear and try to revive
any non-breathers. As it happened - all was well. We hope to have sold the litter by the time we depart on holiday.
We may posibly keep one.
We are looking after one of her puppies (8 weeks old) while she is away on a cunard cruise, reciprical agreement!!
I always feel sad to see the Corfu Strays, knowing the likelyhood of their next winter!!

Always had GSD girls but unfortunately a dog free zone now as we are out of the house for close to 11 hours each day. In the past we were able to go home for lunch. Now looking to retirement and reconsidering. I miss the exercise!
Your'e right there - - -I walk the dogs in the park daily except when on holiday - - rain, snow or shine!!
I do about 1 mile, they run about 10 miles in that time!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »

We may posibly keep one.

Your'e right there - - -I walk the dogs in the park daily except when on holiday - - rain, snow or shine!!
I do about 1 mile, they run about 10 miles in that time!!

I used to stand atop a big hillock (yes H not P!) and throw a ball. It used to bounce a couple of hundred metres.................. As to the thread I never took any size suitcases on any of these forays into the countryside. Apologies for previous divergence from the thread!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45:04 PM »
Decided to stick to my old suitcases as they don't actually have anything wrong with them. I suppose if I did change them it would be change for changes sake and not really a necessity . ::)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »
Decided to stick to my old suitcases as they don't actually have anything wrong with them. I suppose if I did change them it would be change for changes sake and not really a necessity . ::)

That's a few more drinks you can afford now!!!!! Excuse the Scots outlook!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »

That's a few more drinks you can afford now!!!!! Excuse the Scots outlook!
Exactly what I thought lol!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 03:03:14 AM »
AS long as everything I need goes in the suitcases Roy will have to make do lol"!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 03:45:25 AM »
AS long as everything I need goes in the suitcases Roy will have to make do lol"!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
You mean the 30 pairs of shoes I presume!!

don

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »

That's an under estimate. 1 pair for day , 1 pair for night X 14 days = 28 pairs...... 1 pair for outbound travel and 1 for inbound journey = 30... Now this is where you went wrong...... Have you ever known a woman to make up her mind? .... Add in 4 probables 3 maybes and 3 yes I might need thems and that = 40........... probably a lot closer to the mark!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »

That's an under estimate. 1 pair for day , 1 pair for night X 14 days = 28 pairs...... 1 pair for outbound travel and 1 for inbound journey = 30... Now this is where you went wrong...... Have you ever known a woman to make up her mind? .... Add in 4 probables 3 maybes and 3 yes I might need thems and that = 40........... probably a lot closer to the mark!
Last year I even bought some there as I didn't feel comfortable in the ones I took with me lol!!!!!!!!! ;)

don

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »
Jules................... Just back-tracking through the posts on this thread and am intrigued............ You say you are sticking to your old cases! ................. Isn't that natures way of saying they need replacing! It would be a bit embarrassing if they stuck to the carousel ! Please explain this phenomenon Tonyco1?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:08 AM »
Jules................... Just back-tracking through the posts on this thread and am intrigued............ You say you are sticking to your old cases! ................. Isn't that natures way of saying they need replacing! It would be a bit embarrassing if they stuck to the carousel ! Please explain this phenomenon Tonyco1?
Of course Professor Don, Allow me: Attention Class!!
Scientists have proved for many years that as cases wear, too many stilletto heels poking against the inner case lining, cause a reaction
which produces a type of exterior [tech-term] "case-ual" Fluffing. This then attracts sweat globuals from the shoe lining, also from the under-arm and combined with any anal secretions picked up from rubbing against seating in passing or from being sat on while in the queue,
while [tech-term] "gagging" for the toilet from that last meal of Gyros.

This forms as a sticky substance over the case exterior, know as creeping caligraphic bonding!
Now add the final element of heat from that last day in a hot airport and you have active adhesion in it's crudest form.
Even a sniffer dog will steer clear as the Sticky facor increases until of super-glue proportions.
This is why cases go astray and some owners stick to their old cases!!
I hope that explains it fully!!

don

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 02:25:22 AM »
Scientists have proved for many years that as cases wear, too many stilletto heels poking against the inner case lining, cause a reaction
which produces a type of exterior [tech-term] "case-ual" Fluffing. This then attracts sweat globuals from the shoe lining, also from the under-arm and combined with any anal secretions picked up from rubbing against seating in passing or from being sat on while in the queue,

This forms as a sticky substance over the case exterior, know as creeping caligraphic bonding!
Now add the final element of heat from that last day in a hot airport and you have active adhesion in it's crudest form.
Even a sniffer dog will steer clear as the Sticky facor increases until of super-glue proportions.

Don't think I'll sleep for laughing at that. Cheered me up no end!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 03:49:08 AM »

Likewise with some of your quotes!!! The site has to have a little light relief as well as help and Q&A's.
But - in Jules case (pardon the pun), I think she's stuck!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »

Likewise with some of your quotes!!! The site has to have a little light relief as well as help and Q&A's.
But - in Jules case (pardon the pun), I think she's stuck!!
Thought you'd swallowed a dictionary then Tony

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni