Author Topic: What size suitcase  (Read 73951 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
What size suitcase
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
What size suitcase do you tend to take? I am looking at buying new ones this year and just wondered what others found to be the best size. I think our largest one is 29" or 30" which we usaully get about 26 kilos in and our smallest one is only 25" which we usaually get about 15 kilos in. I have seen some that are 27" and hope that we may get 20 kilos in each if I bought 2 for us. :)

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

Re: What size suitcase
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:14:32 AM »
Would love to know maximum dimensions that count as hand luggage. Realise no liquids or gels could be carried but no arrivals hall or wait for coach would be great.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:36:35 AM »
Would love to know maximum dimensions that count as hand luggage. Realise no liquids or gels could be carried but no arrivals hall or wait for coach would be great.
Hand luggage dimensions are usually on the various airline dimensions. There is also a maximum weight on hand luggage.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 12:22:16 PM »
For 2 weeks we use 26" and 20" for 1 week. Usually manage 17kilo for 2 weeks and 12 for 1 week. Motto do everything to excess bar your luggage.  ???

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:36:53 AM »
What size suitcase do you tend to take? I am looking at buying new ones this year and just wondered what others found to be the best size. I think our largest one is 29" or 30" which we usually get about 26 kilos in and our smallest one is only 25" which we usaually get about 15 kilos in. I have seen some that are 27" and hope that we may get 20 kilos in each if I bought 2 for us. :)
Good discussion thread!!
Think carefully about buying a new case - choose carefully!!
Do you know that the average case around 27" which we use for up to 25Kilo, average 20-23Kilo,
when EMPTY - weigh in at around 4.4 Kilos before you start to pack!!! (Samsonite weigh in at 5.5 kilo).

We bought new cases from Debenhams last year, I bought one in store and one online, and right now they are on sale price!!
We bought the extra-lightweight case that weighs in at around 3 1/2 Kilos, saving a kilo!!
We can recommend them as being well made and very strong - give it some thought!!
the make is TRIPP. 26 1/2" or 67cm.
Pewter superlite medium suitcase, Item No.: P5019244316209
see website
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18170_464227_-1
Price Was £109.00 > Now £45.00 > Now £36.00
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »
What size suitcase do you tend to take? I am looking at buying new ones this year and just wondered what others found to be the best size. I think our largest one is 29" or 30" which we usually get about 26 kilos in and our smallest one is only 25" which we usaually get about 15 kilos in. I have seen some that are 27" and hope that we may get 20 kilos in each if I bought 2 for us. :)
Good discussion thread!!
Think carefully about buying a new case - choose carefully!!
Do you know that the average case around 27" which we use for up to 25Kilo, average 20-23Kilo,
when EMPTY - weigh in at around 4.4 Kilos before you start to pack!!! (Samsonite weigh in at 5.5 kilo).

We bought new cases from Debenhams last year, I bought one in store and one online, and right now they are on sale price!!
We bought the extra-lightweight case that weighs in at around 3 1/2 Kilos, saving a kilo!!
We can recommend them as being well made and very strong - give it some thought!!
the make is TRIPP. 26 1/2" or 67cm.
Pewter superlite medium suitcase, Item No.: P5019244316209
see website
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18170_464227_-1
Price Was £109.00 > Now £45.00 > Now £36.00

Thanks for that Tony - was in Debenhams the other day as well buying new dining room chairs. I bet the suitcases were on the same floor as well.

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:37 PM »
Jules

I have just bought two new tripp cases (the biggest) and they are certainly a lot lighter.

Bought them on line and had them delivered to work.  Brill

Stroggs

zoe

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
we also have the tripp cases have had them for the last three holidays very strong and lightweight fab to pull with the handle had the large.but next size down would have been fine as they are deeper than other cases and you cant get away with the  extra weight anymore

don

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
After suffering so much damage to cases from frequent flying (braggart) we now go for the cheap and cheerful option. We have had expensive ones but after 2 years use they look decidedly grotty. we now buy in Matalan sale and chuck after about 10 flights.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:12 PM »
After suffering so much damage to cases from frequent flying (braggart) we now go for the cheap and cheerful option. We have had expensive ones but after 2 years use they look decidedly grotty. we now buy in Matalan sale and chuck after about 10 flights.
Now we know where you buy your expensive look - especially the Yellow shirts!! LOL

don

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »
Now we know where you buy your expensive look - especially the Yellow shirts!! LOL

Ok......Not Quite Man At C & Gray but some of us like bright colours! !   LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:14 AM »

I've heard of Matalan, I've heard of Matador - but this is MataDon!!  Man at Matadon - - -LOL

don

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »

I've heard of Matalan, I've heard of Matador - but this is MataDon!!  Man at Matadon - - -LOL
And this from the man who thinks Earl Gray is the drink of the gods!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Measured our two today and they are 30" and 26" . The 26" one isn't that deep (only about 7") so may buy 2 26" ones that are deeper than this and that will do us.( As long as Roy doesn't think he's packing for a month again lol!!!) ;)

don

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 12:26:04 AM »
Measured our two today and they are 30" and 26" . The 26" one isn't that deep (only about 7") so may buy 2 26" ones that are deeper than this and that will do us.( As long as Roy doesn't think he's packing for a month again lol!!!) ;)

That's it , typical woman blaming the man. Now how many pairs of shoes does Roy take? And You? How many do you actually wear? Yes one at a time.... Hopalong now LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni