Author Topic: my taverna itinery  (Read 106013 times)

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: my taverna itinery
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »
no jules only the lobster

chris

don

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52:51 AM »
no jules only the lobster

chris

Glad that's cleared up!  :o ;D :o

Had visions of sitting there rod in hand catching fish after fish but not the one I chose. Was thinking of taking a net!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »
Thank goodness for that. If I want fish I don't want to watch it swimming around first. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
But you know it would be fresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »
i have to agree with helen

manthos has fresh fish every day you even have to go and select which one you want

chris
Is that whilst the fish is still alive ????????????

That used to be the case, we went to Kos in '78 and chose a fish from the aquarium, dont see the problem myself

don

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »

manthos has fresh fish every day you even have to go and select which one you want

chris

That used to be the case, we went to Kos in '78 and chose a fish from the aquarium, dont see the problem myself

Coming originally from a fishing port in NE Aberdeenshire I was brought up on fish and seafood. I would draw a line on me being the killer! Don't like to see the head on a fish when served to me!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »

chris

Coming originally from a fishing port in NE Aberdeenshire I was brought up on fish and seafood. I would draw a line on me being the killer! Don't like to see the head on a fish when served to me!
I remember picking whitebait as a starter once (not in Corfu) and didn't realise it would be served with its eyes still ther. By the time I had cut the head off there was hardly anything left. Just couldn't bear looking at it with the eyes still in  :(
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:33 AM »

chris

I remember picking whitebait as a starter once (not in Corfu) and didn't realise it would be served with its eyes still ther. By the time I had cut the head off there was hardly anything left. Just couldn't bear looking at it with the eyes still in  :(

Never fails to get me when one winks at me!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »

chris

Must have been a sexy boy fish then Jules - LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 01:52:34 AM »

chris

That's alright then LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:20 AM »

chris

That's alright then LOL
Does anyone have Crabs?  ;D
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »

chris

That's alright then LOL
Does anyone have Crabs?  ;D
Why - do you?lol!! ;)

zoe

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »
can anyone help i love the courgettes in the light batter but didnt see any in the taverners when we went in october if anybody has any ideas were i could get them

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
can anyone help i love the courgettes in the light batter but didnt see any in the taverners when we went in october if anybody has any ideas were i could get them
can you remember what its called? :)

don

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »
can you remember what its called? :)
I have an idea they are called Battered Courgettes! Will that help?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni