Author Topic: my taverna itinery  (Read 106018 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: my taverna itinery
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:01 AM »
Tony, small wall some kind person put breeze blocks beside it and its easy to get over, when we stayed with Nonda thats the route we always took, well worth another look food is excellent.

Thanks, we stayed twice with Nondas in the Past as well, but in the early days when it was a Bar there.
We used to walk past the adjoining Moras Villas and down the hill. We will look and try to work out your route!!

Incidently (for Zimmer), the chef in the Beachcomber Bistro, Nicky, was the chef in the Elpithas,
until she was head-hunted by Sue in the Beachcomber - the chef now in the Elphita was trained by Nicky,
and both offer great similar menu's.
Elpithas offers a wonderful atmosphere with great background soundtracks chosen by Dimitri and a great elevated night time view.

The Beachcomber offers an ultra modern more minimalist look inside, with a fantastic sunset view on the outside patio area, as it overlooks the beach. I love this one now as no hill!!
My friend last year tried their Beef Goulash - I tasted it - best I ever tried!!
I had the stir-fry pork strips in ginger and garlic with noodles - melt in the mouth - tasty brilliance, as was everyone else's food.
Dribbling now thinking of it!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
Tony, small wall some kind person put breeze blocks beside it and its easy to get over, when we stayed with Nonda thats the route we always took, well worth another look food is excellent.

Thanks, we stayed twice with Nondas in the Past as well, but in the early days when it was a Bar there.
We used to walk past the adjoining Moras Villas and down the hill. We will look and try to work out your route!!

Incidently (for Zimmer), the chef in the Beachcomber Bistro, Nicky, was the chef in the Elpithas,
until she was head-hunted by Sue in the Beachcomber - the chef now in the Elphita was trained by Nicky,
and both offer great similar menu's.
Elpithas offers a wonderful atmosphere with great background soundtracks chosen by Dimitri and a great elevated night time view.

The Beachcomber offers an ultra modern more minimalist look inside, with a fantastic sunset view on the outside patio area, as it overlooks the beach. I love this one now as no hill!!
My friend last year tried their Beef Goulash - I tasted it - best I ever tried!!
I had the stir-fry pork strips in ginger and garlic with noodles - melt in the mouth - tasty brilliance, as was everyone else's food.
Dribbling now thinking of it!!

Sue is a great hostess as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »
Really dug the Perch Parcel at Beachcomber. I'm a sucker for any sea food and also for anything I've not tried before. This was exceptional on both scores.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
Really dug the Perch Parcel at Beachcomber. I'm a sucker for any sea food and also for anything I've not tried before. This was exceptional on both scores.
Never tried Perch. Does it taste like any other fish? :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 01:55:46 AM »

Just fishy!!!!!! Sorry !!!! If there is anything on a menu that spent its life swimming I eat it before anything else.. Only criteria..... NO Bones !!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »

Just fishy!!!!!! Sorry !!!! If there is anything on a menu that spent its life swimming I eat it before anything else.. Only criteria..... NO Bones !!!!
Its the though of the bones that puts me off as well. :(

joan

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »

Do you still have to book in advance? Cardiac Hill is a killer to be turned away for not booking.

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »
Question for Don. Who serves the best fish dishes in San Stef ?. Fish is also a favorite of mine

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
What taverna, would the bored regulars say, is the most traditionally Corfiot? and has anyone tried this Broukilis taverna in Arillas?

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »
What taverna, would the bored regulars say, is the most traditionally Corfiot? and has anyone tried this Broukilis taverna in Arillas?
Brouklis is in my opinion is one of the best tavernas in north corfu , traditional in every way and dimitri is a top bloke too, as is manthos and mistral my opinion only  :) 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 12:18:54 AM »
Zorbas is quiet traditional and they have Greek dancing every night as well. Food in there is superb as well.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 03:50:04 AM »
Zorbas is quiet traditional and they have Greek dancing every night as well. Food in there is superb as well.
Waves on the beach used to be the best sea-food around - but I haven't tried them in the past few years - has anyone else?
They do quite traditional cooking with fish, and great grills etc.
Linda's favourite starter is fresh grilled sardines - we had some fabulous ones at Sunset Taverna last year.
Grilled to perfection!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:44 AM »
ate at waves twice last year... fish still excellent! brilliant palce to watch the sun go down as well.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
i have to agree with helen

manthos has fresh fish every day you even have to go and select which one you want

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
i have to agree with helen

manthos has fresh fish every day you even have to go and select which one you want

chris
Is that whilst the fish is still alive ????????????

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni