Author Topic: my taverna itinery  (Read 106012 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
my taverna itinery
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »
...and apologies to anyone whose read this on Agni, but this might get a wide sweep of opinion ;)

don

Re: my taverna itinery
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »
Excuse me asking but what order due you intend to visit them in?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »
Excuse me asking but what order due you intend to visit them in?
I think they are posted on the Agni website  - possibly Landys Ghost ????????
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »
...and apologies to anyone whose read this on Agni, but this might get a wide sweep of opinion ;)

Apologies for dragging this over:-

OK here's the plan...any SS experts think that this is a good choice or should anything come in and go out?

Paradise
Ozzie Oil
Yiannis Grill
Little Prince
Elpida
Olympia/Rose gdn
Thomas Bay H
Zorba
Olive Press
Beachcomber
Nafsika
Manthos
Sunset

So many places sound great, and I haven't mentioned the one in Arillas Barouklis?
Mistral

don

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

Apologies for dragging this over:-

OK here's the plan...any SS experts think that this is a good choice or should anything come in and go out?

Paradise
Ozzie Oil
Yiannis Grill
Little Prince
Elpida
Olympia/Rose gdn
Thomas Bay H
Zorba
Olive Press
Beachcomber
Nafsika
Manthos
Sunset

So many places sound great, and I haven't mentioned the one in Arillas Barouklis?
Mistral

The one we haven't tried is Elpitha. That hill would kill me! All the others are on our hit list for this year. If I may I would suggest the Perros when they have a barbecue. The food was great last year and the dancing excellent. The young kids were superb with their dancing too.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »
Also Teresa BBQ and Greek dancing night (usually a Wednesday) - great fun. 2 stars and Barras also good for a cheaper budget . :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lainey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 12:20:02 AM »
Aargh. Were first time ss and only staying 7 nights. Staying at Little Prince so thats defanatly 1 nights meal.Now how do i choose the other 6 :-\ :o ::)

Offline snappy cathy

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:17:12 AM »
Don, if you go to the Tasty Corner there is a  track beside it go up this and walk along the back of the Little Prince through Marias villas (small wall to climb over) and your at Elpithas thats how we go, that hills a killer, or you can go up the side of Marias shop.

Cathy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »
Aargh. Were first time ss and only staying 7 nights. Staying at Little Prince so thats defanatly 1 nights meal.Now how do i choose the other 6 :-\ :o ::)
See if any have entertainment that night for starters, We love the Beachcomber Bistro & Olive Press, and - all the rest!!
best to wander round and pick whatever takes your fancy, they are all good.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 08:38:32 AM »
Don, if you go to the Tasty Corner there is a  track beside it go up this and walk along the back of the Little Prince through Marias villas (small wall to climb over) and your at Elpithas thats how we go, that hills a killer, or you can go up the side of Marias shop.

Cathy
Are you sure you can get through this way? - It's not obvious as we looked last year, how high is the wall?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »
Yeah thats the order,worked out from various reviews of tavernas,and in distance from apartments -- ha ha this holiday planning is almost as much fun as being there :D, I am though,having had one heart attack and angina, concerned about the hill up to Elpida - so that may, unfortunately, have to be replaced with the Barras - which is a shame because the web site makes it look interesting.
Would you say any places definately require booking?

Thanks

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
we always book the beachcomber to make sure as if its a windy night the place gets full quick,but last year sue said they were going to put up a glass wall so people can still sit outside and they can  then sit 50% more people

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
Yeah thats the order,worked out from various reviews of tavernas,and in distance from apartments -- ha ha this holiday planning is almost as much fun as being there :D, I am though,having had one heart attack and angina, concerned about the hill up to Elpida - so that may, unfortunately, have to be replaced with the Barras - which is a shame because the web site makes it look interesting.
Would you say any places definately require booking?

Thanks
Ozzy oils is worth booking as well as it fills up fast there as well.

don

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
We always book Beachcomber, Ozzy Oils and The Olive Press. Happy eating  :P

Offline snappy cathy

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »
Tony, small wall some kind person put breeze blocks beside it and its easy to get over, when we stayed with Nonda thats the route we always took, well worth another look food is excellent.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni