Author Topic: dionysos taverna  (Read 28292 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: dionysos taverna
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
It's places like Dionysos we tend to miss out on with being dedicated non-drivers.
You could always arrange a taxi there and back with Noula :)
Does a pint of beer travel well enough to go in a taxi?
Maybe the pint will have to be in a bottle lol!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 02:13:07 AM »
How much do you think Noula could provide a taxi for? I don't mean the chocolate bar either Tony/Chris/Jules or any other of the intelligentsia LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 04:44:06 AM »
How much do you think Noula could provide a taxi for? I don't mean the chocolate bar either Tony/Chris/Jules or any other of the intelligentsia LOL
Standard charge - Taxi is €50 I believe
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »
Had lunch at the Dionysos in Afionas this year. Great views and quite reasonable considering the location. Right behind it is the Porto Timoni taverna(owned by one of the sons of the Dionysos owner I believe) offering similarly great views but over the headland and Porto Timoni beaches. Didn't check the prices but I think also reasonable.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 02:28:40 AM »
Had lunch at the Dionysos in Afionas this year. Great views and quite reasonable considering the location. Right behind it is the Porto Timoni taverna(owned by one of the sons of the Dionysos owner I believe) offering similarly great views but over the headland and Porto Timoni beaches. Didn't check the prices but I think also reasonable.
I take it you did a car hire for this and not a taxi??

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
Yes Tony, it was with our hire car. I was driving, coke only for lunch. Poor show!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:56 AM »
Yes Tony, it was with our hire car. I was driving, coke only for lunch. Poor show!
Makes it easy and catch up later on!!

Offline thomasina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
We walked from San Stef. to Afionas, had a drink at Dionysos taverna, wonderful views to Ag. G. then we walked to Porto Timoni, saw the rock with the hole in it, and walked to the little chapel in the hillside.  Had a meal at Dionysos Taverna on the way back, before walking back to San Stef.  We did this twice, except the second time we didn't walk to Porto Timoni, but walked down to Ag. G.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
We walked from San Stef. to Afionas, had a drink at Dionysos taverna, wonderful views to Ag. G. then we walked to Porto Timoni, saw the rock with the hole in it, and walked to the little chapel in the hillside.  Had a meal at Dionysos Taverna on the way back, before walking back to San Stef.  We did this twice, except the second time we didn't walk to Porto Timoni, but walked down to Ag. G.
Welcome to the forums thomasina. Sounds like you enjoyed that day
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
Sounds like a good day - what's the chance of carrying me on the walk in a backpack!!
I am suffering a bad groin strain right now which is very sore - so I won't be doing any long walks!!
I bet you got some good photo's on that walk!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »
Sounds like a good day - what's the chance of carrying me on the walk in a backpack!!
I am suffering a bad groin strain right now which is very sore - so I won't be doing any long walks!!
Can we ask how that happened  lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Don you can start to get your own back with Tony after the stick you got about your arm lol!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 03:09:38 AM »

Can we ask how that happened  lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Don you can start to get your own back with Tony after the stick you got about your arm lol!!!
It's an old injury from my playing days, (football), it re-occurs on a regular basis, then gets better again for a while!!
The silly thing is I did the main damage getting out of my car about 20 years ago, I just lifted my (R) leg and moved it over the sill (to get out quickly), and got this terrible sharp pain, It never healed fully and I live with it!!
However  - I don't suffer from brittle bones - LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 09:35:42 AM »

It's an old injury from my playing days, (football), it re-occurs on a regular basis, then gets better again for a while!!
The silly thing is I did the main damage getting out of my car about 20 years ago, I just lifted my (R) leg and moved it over the sill (to get out quickly), and got this terrible sharp pain, It never healed fully and I live with it!!
However  - I don't suffer from brittle bones - LOL
Poor you - I bet you don't suffer in silence either !!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »
Hope your better for 22 days time Tony.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »
Hope your better for 22 days time Tony.
Not so bad today - just a bit sore in the right groin/front hip area, so taking the dogs for a walk in a few mins time!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni