Author Topic: Driving Licence  (Read 10720 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Driving Licence
« on: April 07, 2009, 12:40:38 AM »
Just been made aware today at work about the photo driving licence in respect that you have to renew it after a period of time. If not renewed you can get fined apparently. Be aware for these driving licences if wanting to hire a car on your hols. Check the date on it before you go away.

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Driving Licence
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
Yes - this was in the papers a few weeks back - the photo expires after 10 years.
It must be renewed then.
Mine is ok for another 5 years so no extra pay-out for Gordon Browns slush fund just yet!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:05:02 AM »
Luckily enough mine and Roys are still the paper type ones so we don't have to renew them unless we change address or lose them. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:44:06 AM »
Luckily enough mine and Roys are still the paper type ones so we don't have to renew them unless we change address or lose them. :)
I find the Photocard ones really easy and a boon when used as I.D.
Everything is going plastic
This may be a worry if it also applies to toilet rolls - - it won't be a wipe but a swipe!!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:17 AM »

Paper for me too Jules, I like the Idea of a plastic one, but feel the need to HAVE one!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 02:07:50 AM »

Paper for me too Jules, I like the Idea of a plastic one, but feel the need to HAVE one!
I still think they are a handy thing to have - used it as ID so many times, picking up missed delivery parcels for example!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »

I still think they are a handy thing to have - used it as ID so many times, picking up missed delivery parcels for example!!!
On a course I'm going on I have to take some ID so will have to take my passport

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 03:30:00 AM »

On a course I'm going on I have to take some ID so will have to take my passport
Of course you will!!
& if you lose it - so valuable to you & expensive to replace compared to a plastic Driving Licence I.D.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni