Author Topic: How Much Money should I take ???  (Read 9306 times)

Offline bigaluk

• View Profile
How Much Money should I take ???
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »
Hi  ;D

This will be our first trip to Corfu and we are very much looking forward to it.

My Girlfriend & I are booked in at the Nafsika Hotel during June for 2 weeks, on a Halfboard basis.

Although we aim to eat at the hotel most evenings, how much spending money should we take ??

We are unsure of the costs of things in San Stef ?? & wondered how much should we allocate per day in euro's ??

Lunchtime meals for two ?? Refreshments ( Ice creams etc ) ?? Evening Drinks ?? ( 2-3 glasses of wine per evening & a few beers )

How much would you take??

Many Thanks
 ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: How Much Money should I take ???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Hi  ;D

This will be our first trip to Corfu and we are very much looking forward to it.

My Girlfriend & I are booked in at the Nafsika Hotel during June for 2 weeks, on a Halfboard basis.

Although we aim to eat at the hotel most evenings, how much spending money should we take ??

We are unsure of the costs of things in San Stef ?? & wondered how much should we allocate per day in euro's ??

Lunchtime meals for two ?? Refreshments ( Ice creams etc ) ?? Evening Drinks ?? ( 2-3 glasses of wine per evening & a few beers )

Many Thanks
 ;D

Hi Bigaluk welcome to these forums. We only ever stay self catering so here goes for what we paid for meals etc. last year

Full English breakfast for 2 was €8 per day including coffee /tea and fruit juice.
Cooked lunch for 2 approx €12 per day including drinks.
Evening meal for 2 can range from about €20 to about €40 depending on where you go for starter and main course with drinks. Of course there are special boards for Evenings at about €8 each for 2 courses.
Ice creams €1.50
Some on here buy in Cheeses and hams with breads etc for lunchtime from the supermarket and there is also a bakery that does breads ,pies cakes etc. It really can vary quiet a lot but
it really depends on what sort of food you want. All the tavernas are of a very high standard.
Drinks wise I can't remember to much about what we paid for those as we varied our drinks a lot as well.
Altogether for 2 weeks we usually spend around €1200 to about €1500 for 2 weeks self catering.
I hope some of this helps and if you need any further info just ask away and someone on here will help you. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
A cheap and cheerful lunchtime meal could be Gyros Pitta a lovely concoction of meat, salad, fries and tsatsiki wrapped in pitta. Excellent value at €1.90 for small and €2.90 for large. Alternatively the village bakery does moreish cheese pies at around €2.00 and hip fattening cakes. The choice is yours!!!
We self cater and cope on around €75 euros a day. This includes cereal for breakfast, either of the two lunch options or fresh bread etc.. In the evening we tend to go for starter, main course and a litre of house wine followed by several drinks washed down by several more.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »
Hi  ;D

Many Thanks
 ;D

Hi Bigaluk welcome to these forums. We only ever stay self catering so here goes for what we paid for meals etc. last year

Full English breakfast for 2 was €8 per day including coffee /tea and fruit juice.
Cooked lunch for 2 approx €12 per day including drinks.
Evening meal for 2 can range from about €20 to about €40 depending on where you go for starter and main course with drinks. Of course there are special boards for Evenings at about €8 each for 2 courses.
Ice creams €1.50
Some on here buy in Cheeses and hams with breads etc for lunchtime from the supermarket and there is also a bakery that does breads ,pies cakes etc. It really can vary quiet a lot but
it really depends on what sort of food you want. All the tavernas are of a very high standard.
Drinks wise I can't remember to much about what we paid for those as we varied our drinks a lot as well.
Altogether for 2 weeks we usually spend around €1200 to about €1500 for 2 weeks self catering.
I hope some of this helps and if you need any further info just ask away and someone on here will help you. :)
I would go along with Don on the prices -  we don't spend as much - but the Euro will be a killer this year
Last year we spent around £400 per week for the two of us, but you can budget it much less
if you don't buy lunches out and take sandwiches/rolls etc, cornflakes/rolls for breakfast  etc.
Just depends what you want to spend or if living it up is the priority!!
Whatever - you will be sure to enjoy the trip.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni