Author Topic: must see/do/go to  (Read 10820 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
must see/do/go to
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »
We have got friends coming out to join us is ss for the second week of our holiday. What do the rest of the forum think are the most important places to see/to eat/to drink etc to give newcomers a real flavour of ss in just one week? It will be strange trying to see the resort through "new" eyes. Suggestions v welcome.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: must see/do/go to
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »
Where are you all staying? Are you self catering ? If so all the usual haunts for eating out such as Zorbas, Little Prince, Ozzy oils etc would be a great place to start. Daytime activities would have the beautiful beach, the headland and even maybe the harbour as well for lovely walks. Maybe a boat trip to the nearby islands.
Lots of choices to do :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 12:45:58 AM »
i am staying at theodosia (through Noula) for a month from 27 th July Jules. My partner comes out to join me after 2 weeks then a week later friends arrive and stay at teresas (through Thomsons?) just wondered what you all thought were the musts for ss!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:11:34 AM »
i am staying at theodosia (through Noula) for a month from 27 th July Jules. My partner comes out to join me after 2 weeks then a week later friends arrive and stay at teresas (through Thomsons?) just wondered what you all thought were the musts for ss!
Hi Stressed
You must let us know what you think of them  - we are staying there as well - first 2 weeks in July,
they have great recommendations from last year.

Everyone will have a favourite of their own!!
In the village, try the Beachcomber Bistro for great bistro food, or take a walk around and pot luck - all the restaurants are really good!!
I would take your friends up the mountain road one day to the cafe' on the cliff-side overlooking Paeokastritsa,
if they want to see one of the best views in Greece!
Tony & Linda
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
Your friends are staying at Teresa and they do a great BBQ night with Greek dancing as well. Everyone who has been has said how good the night is.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 02:24:01 AM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »
thanks for input tony and jules. You will be able to tell me about theodosia Tony as i don't go until after you! Tried the beachcomber last year and really loved it. My only very slight reservation about that is that although both the setting and the food is fabulous its not very greek.... if you follow me. I have to say it was one of our favourite places last year!  We have never been to the bbq at teresas but people on here seem to rave about it. As for paleo ... that is a must i agree which of the tavernas at the top is best anyone know ????? I am assuming that they are much of a muchness but you may know different. thanks for ideas so far.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
Hi there

If you have a car? a ride to the following:

Take your friends to Afionis for a stroll round the village and up to the view point and the Taverna on the cliff top overlooking S George.

Cape Drastic for the view as well, very impressive.

As for San Stef, I agree with Jules & Tony. But a must visit is the Aquarius Bar to say hello to Glenn, Maria & Aliki.
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Hi there

If you have a car? a ride to the following:

Take your friends to Afionis for a stroll round the village and up to the view point and the Taverna on the cliff top overlooking S George.

Cape Drastic for the view as well, very impressive.

As for San Stef, I agree with Jules & Tony. But a must visit is the Aquarius Bar to say hello to Glenn, Maria & Aliki.
We'll second that referral to Aquarius... Simply a great place to chill and chat in a quiet location.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
There is just so many places to go to you will always miss someones out and then you have to book again to go there the following year -that would be a good plan lol!!! ;)

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:42:14 PM »
hi stress
first thing you must do is see don buy a round

last thing is the airport on the way home

but in between try manthos taverna for the greek night all trad costumes

chris

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:39 PM »
Glen will certainly be on the list ! Have known him since he was at the Efi pool bar ten years ago. A good late night/early morning spot.

don

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:57 AM »
Sometime each evening we gravitate to Glenn's for a couple of drinks and an hours peace and quiet. In the day we have to go to EFI to have a day with the other Glenn and of course the delightful Mel.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 03:10:17 AM »
thanks for input tony and jules. You will be able to tell me about theodosia Tony as i don't go until after you! Tried the beachcomber last year and really loved it. My only very slight reservation about that is that although both the setting and the food is fabulous its not very greek.... if you follow me. I have to say it was one of our favourite places last year!  We have never been to the bbq at teresas but people on here seem to rave about it. As for paleo ... that is a must i agree which of the tavernas at the top is best anyone know ????? I am assuming that they are much of a muchness but you may know different. thanks for ideas so far.
We have used both many times - but the one on the right as you look out to sea, is the best.
It is much better in all respects, cleaner - better lunches and also has a pool!! (has a little craft gift shop as well).
The views are about the same!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni