Author Topic: with the boat  (Read 43203 times)

joan

Re: with the boat
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
Thank everyone for the great  information and so fast too
If you need to know anything else just ask away and someone will always help :)
I take 2 x Sea sick pills and they work fine - still feel a little queasy - but not actually sick in rough weather.
Without the pills I chuck up looking at a boat!!

I'm the same but since using wristbands I have not been sick or felt queasy so when we had the boat last year I wore them all the time and was fine.I've used these for about 18 years now I make sure I leave them on for about an hour after the trip just to stop any other after effects like motion. The only drawback is crinkly wrists. :D

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
Joan what kind of wristbands is that? I never heard of that, I am wondering if they would have them here in  Belgium?

hikerroeland ::)

don

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
Joan what kind of wristbands is that? I never heard of that, I am wondering if they would have them here in  Belgium?

Try this                       http://www.biobands.com/motionsickness.htm

don

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 10:38:40 PM »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 12:12:20 AM »
Or even any chemist (I got mine from Boots here in the UK)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 04:32:20 AM »
Alternatively www.force4.co.uk/c/88/Seasickness-Remedies.html

Or www.OutdoorGB.com
Seems almost impossible that it will work - but it's worth a try.
I am definately not a good sailor!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »
Alternatively www.force4.co.uk/c/88/Seasickness-Remedies.html

Or www.OutdoorGB.com
Seems almost impossible that it will work - but it's worth a try.
I am definately not a good sailor!!
I used these bands once when I went on a ferry to France and all I could think about was will they work. I felt queasy but wasn't actually sick but I still didn't like the experience just because it was still in my head .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
Thank you voor the very interesting information everyone :)

hikerroeland

joan

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 01:09:52 PM »

Have only just logged on I see people have answered your question. I did get mine from Boots the chemist in the UK I paid about £8 all those years ago but I think they are a lot cheaper now. They work on the pulse points on your wrists called the Nei-Kuan points the buttons on the bands press on these points and somehow blocks the terrible feeling of nausea.I was desperately sick crossing the channel so the next time I went I used these and they were brilliant. Have the faith.. :D

joan

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
 Hi  hikerroeland, just been on the Boots website and their seabands are still quite pricey at £7.82 plus postage. The other website www.force4 shows the same ones that I have and seems to be the better at £4.95 although they too charge for delivery UK £3.95 for small jiffy bags. It goes by weight for Europe so I would think it's a similar price. It might be worth enlarging the picture on the site and printing it off and enquiring at your larger pharmacies, I'm sure someone must sell them, let me know how you get on.

Regards  Joan

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Thanks joan I  think I will do like you say and see if they have them here?let you know it they do :)

roeland

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »
Thanks joan I  think I will do like you say and see if they have them here?let you know it they do :)

roeland
If not you may even be able to buy them at the airport you are travelling from as well.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »
Could always try STUGERON travel sickness pills. available from Boots. Have always found them good and i am a bad traveller especially on boats but can usually travel ok with these.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »

roeland
If not you may even be able to buy them at the airport you are travelling from as well.
I always doubt these things - but I may now give it a go!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

joan

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »
Hi Stressed see you are in the Theodosia this year will probably pass you on the way to the Three Ws leave some beer for us... ;D
Have heard that Stugeron is good but  knowing me I'd probably chuck them up I'd never make a sailor. I'm sticking with the bands they do it for me. ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni