Author Topic: with the boat  (Read 43200 times)

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
with the boat
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
Where can you make excusions with a boat for a half a day and what are the prices??
where can I get a goad road map of corfu??

thanks

don

Re: with the boat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
Hi Hikerroeland and welcome to this site. Have a look at this site. It covers both boat trips and boat hire from San Stefanos.
 http://www.san-stefano.gr/
Hope that is of some help to you.

joan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »
Where can you make excusions with a boat for a half a day and what are the prices??

thanks

We hired a speedboat  for half a day from Noula/ San Stef travel, never done it before but really worthwhile we saw so much more around different headlands. You can also book to go to Ericousa it's more of a day trip but a lovely island to visit, I wasn't too keen on Mathraki  (we did the double trip) there are other types of trips you can book too. There is a really detailed road map available from Stefan Jaskulowski which I got from the Agni website, he personally made himself by walking around Corfu I bought one last year and he was offering BOGOF.I don't know if he is doing the same offer this year.If you go to this website you should be able to get one, you won't be disapointed          http://www.agni-animal-welfare-fund.com/Shop/maps.asp. Hope this helps you out

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:34:39 AM »

thanks

We hired a speedboat  for half a day from Noula/ San Stef travel, never done it before but really worthwhile we saw so much more around different headlands. You can also book to go to Ericousa it's more of a day trip but a lovely island to visit, I wasn't too keen on Mathraki  (we did the double trip) there are other types of trips you can book too. There is a really detailed road map available from Stefan Jaskulowski which I got from the Agni website, he personally made himself by walking around Corfu I bought one last year and he was offering BOGOF.I don't know if he is doing the same offer this year.If you go to this website you should be able to get one, you won't be disapointed          http://www.agni-animal-welfare-fund.com/Shop/maps.asp. Hope this helps you out

Thanks for that info Joan - I think I will order one myself just out of curiosity!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:21:33 AM »
thanks for the information ,the trip to Ericousa sounds good , where can I book? The speedboat also sound good but I will stay with driving a car ;)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:51:05 AM »
thanks for the information ,the trip to Ericousa sounds good , where can I book? The speedboat also sound good but I will stay with driving a car ;)
You can book Ericousa with Sn Stefanos travel as per Dons link above.
Tony the map is great and I think is hand drawn as well and everyone who has bought it say it is the best Corfu map. He has taken such great care making the map and some of the proceeds go towards the Agni animals fund. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »
Yes I order the map yesterday but I having heard from mapman yet :(

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
Once Steven has received your order in the post he will despatch the map to you. I think mine took less than a wek.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 04:42:24 AM »
Once Steven has received your order in the post he will despatch the map to you. I think mine took less than a wek.
I ordered one as well - on the website - just waiting to hear the next step now.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »
Steven also personally signs each map he sends out.

joan

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »

Stefan will contact you by email just send him a cheque and when he receives it he will post map out to you all personally signed as JulesT said. The boat for Ericousa goes from SS harbour Wed and Sat if I remember rightly, but there is the ordinary ferry that goes every day for the people who live on the said islands.The boat will call at Sidari as you travel along there are lovely views of the coastline and then it travels out to sea. Just one thing to remember the sea can get quite choppy so on some occasions due to the weather the trip may be cancelled but you will be offered another day.Don't forget your wristbands if you are sea sick like me.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
As Joan says the sea can get a bit rough all of a sudden. That is the reason why we no longer go on boat trips as I suffer terribly with sea sickness even with taking remedies etc.

Offline hikerroeland

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
Thank everyone for the great  information and so fast too

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »
If you need to know anything else just ask away and someone will always help :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 02:50:18 AM »
If you need to know anything else just ask away and someone will always help :)
I take 2 x Sea sick pills and they work fine - still feel a little queasy - but not actually sick in rough weather.
Without the pills I chuck up looking at a boat!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni