Author Topic: Money  (Read 10127 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Money
« on: March 29, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
Hello all,

I am traveling for the first time to ST Stefanos and I would like some general information.  Is there a reliable cash mashine?  Can you use travlers cheques? Has anybody used Money Cards? 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »
Hello all,

I am traveling for the first time to ST Stefanos and I would like some general information.  Is there a reliable cash mashine?  Can you use travlers cheques? Has anybody used Money Cards? 
Welcome to the forums Missh
As you will find out the forums here are frequented by people who return every year to San Stefanos and will answer anything you need to know.
There is a cash machine but I would say its not a relaible machine as it is often out of money. You can change cheques at numerous places in the village and most cards are accepted widely as well although not sure about the money cards. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
Hello all,

As you will find out the forums here are frequented by people who return every year to San Stefanos and will answer anything you need to know.
There is a cash machine but I would say its not a relaible machine as it is often out of money. You can change cheques at numerous places in the village and most cards are accepted widely as well although not sure about the money cards. :)
Never seen Money cards used - if the San Stefanos cash machine runs out - you can get a cash machine in Arrilas, 5 mins drive away.
or otherwise there are at least 4 cash machines in Sidari - 15 mins away (by car/taxi/quad bike-hourly hire/or scooter - of course).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:09:46 AM »
Hello all,

Never seen Money cards used - if the San Stefanos cash machine runs out - you can get a cash machine in Arrilas, 5 mins drive away.
or otherwise there are at least 4 cash machines in Sidari - 15 mins away (by car/taxi/quad bike-hourly hire/or scooter - of course).

Is there a cash machine in Avliotes - I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
Hello all,

Is there a cash machine in Avliotes - I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
there is one near the chemist in avliotes, had a nice walk up there last year via the football stadium, graham and my friend got a taxi back but i walked back via the romanza it was worth it just for the view  :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:11 AM »
Hello all,

there is one near the chemist in avliotes, had a nice walk up there last year via the football stadium, graham and my friend got a taxi back but i walked back via the romanza it was worth it just for the view  :)
I don't recall that one - is it near the bandstand area?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni