Author Topic: The Airlines Charges - what do you think?  (Read 16261 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
The Airlines Charges - what do you think?
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
Airlines - we know they have to make a profit - it's a business of course, but don't you hate the subterfuge.
Shame on you Airlines - you have more Spin than Mandleson & Brown!!
You give a price, then we have to pay for loads of extra's - which are not really extra's!!
1) To Sit together, this is a joke!! everyone should boycott this one and not pay the stupid charge.
    We never pay it and always still sit together.
2) Meals, your choice really, but most economy flights serve rubbish on short flights - we always buy an M&S sandwich etc.
    On one thompson's flight, they didn't want to take away the rubbish from our own food, (snotty cabin staff), so I took it to the
    galley and gave it over anyway!!
3) Luggage Allowance, all Airlines should give a Minimum of 20Kgs, anything less for the average family or couple is silly.
    Thomas Cook only allowed us 15Kg, last late Summer, and made it impossible to "buy" a larger amount.
    Everyone then got caught at the Airport on the return flight and were "Blackmailed" into paying large amounts or dump your stuff!!
    Shame on Thomas Cook - this does not make me want to spend more money with them, on what was otherwise a great flight.

OK - they are my main 3 gripes - What are your's?????????
Also what are different Cheapie Airlines like - e.g. EasyJet, Ryanaire, etc. etc.

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The Airlines Charges - what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
One of mine is that you have to pay to listen to the tv or radio by buying there ear phones. We always take our own now which work anyway. ;D
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
last year going to corfu and coming home we were the last to check in, both ways we sat together in the extra leg room seats ! how lucky was that with no extra cost ! ;D

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
we were on a thomas cook flight from tenerife at christmas an d there baggae allowance was 15kgs almost everybody got done at a charge of 11euros per kilo on the return journey , going back there in a few weeks with globespan and have just learned they too have dropped their allowance to 15 kilos as from 1st of march, we will just have to take very little with us .

don

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »
We Thomas Cook'd it for a Canarian Christmas too. We had previously been with them in november so had learned our lesson. We flew out with 29kilo between us. We flew back with 32kilo. The difference? We had dumped and used toiletries... disposable razor, soap, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo and toothpaste. We had used and dumped .5kilo of cheese, a jar of coffee and 2 packs of biscuits. We had read and left 7 books between us, 5 of which had been in hold luggage. We had jettisoned 2 bottles of sun tan lotion and and 1 of aftersun........ How is this possible?
We saw the same happening at Christmas and again last saturday. We now take a set of Fishermans scales and will hopefully stay under limit.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 12:15:45 AM »
We Thomas Cook'd it for a Canarian Christmas too. We had previously been with them in november so had learned our lesson. We flew out with 29kilo between us. We flew back with 32kilo. The difference? We had dumped and used toiletries... disposable razor, soap, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo and toothpaste. We had used and dumped .5kilo of cheese, a jar of coffee and 2 packs of biscuits. We had read and left 7 books between us, 5 of which had been in hold luggage. We had jettisoned 2 bottles of sun tan lotion and and 1 of aftersun........ How is this possible?
We saw the same happening at Christmas and again last Saturday. We now take a set of Fisherman s scales and will hopefully stay under limit.
We bought a pair of scales on the net, called Balanzza  -  http://www.balanzza.co.uk/?gclid=CPPcsuy1spkCFYITzAodXxys8A
Google it and shop around for best price - very accurate and lightweight.
These Airlines are using a form of legal theft and I am sure they fiddle the weigh-in scales a touch!!
once again - Airlines that only allow 15Kg. are a joke!!

zoe

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
when we came back from  san sefanos last october we thought we would be well over the weight but  we were under we both looked at the case and roy had the end just off the belt we were one off the few not having to pay extra
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:12:29 AM by zoe »

don

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 03:17:39 AM »
Two years ago we flew Liverpool to Palma with Ryanair and were well under weight on the outward journey. On the way back we were 7 kilo overweight! Not possible after leaving literature and toiletries behind. Me being me, I jumped on the unused scales on the next check-in desk only to find I had  put on a mere 22 kilos in a week. The Ryanair staff called the Guardia Civil and threatened me with all sorts until I flashed my "Freelance Press Pass. " Excess baggage charges suddenly and miracuously waived.
Something really stinks in the way we are all treated !!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:41:52 AM »
Two years ago we flew Liverpool to Palma with Ryanair and were well under weight on the outward journey. On the way back we were 7 kilo overweight! Not possible after leaving literature and toiletries behind. Me being me, I jumped on the unused scales on the next check-in desk only to find I had  put on a mere 22 kilos in a week. The Ryanair staff called the Guardia Civil and threatened me with all sorts until I flashed my "Freelance Press Pass. " Excess baggage charges suddenly and miracuously waived.
Something really stinks in the way we are all treated !!!!!
You'll have to get me one of those Passes!! LOL
Seriously though, Ryanair were getting another mauling in the papers the other day, over their very unfair money making schemes,
and their arrogant & ignorant C E O, who believes that customer Service is robbing us with sneaky underhand charges.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
Thomsons on there website say you can only have 20 kilos each and not spread them over 2 cases so each case can only be 20 kilos max and if you have hand luggage that has to be deducted from your 20 kilos as well >:(
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »
No one has ever weighed our hand luggage Jules, and having gone with Thomson's for ages, to have the hand weight deducted from your 20kg is news to me.
The Ryanair range of charges currently being taked about are a total outrage, and they should be cold shouldered.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
No one has ever weighed our hand luggage Jules, and having gone with Thomson's for ages, to have the hand weight deducted from your 20kg is news to me.
The Ryanair range of charges currently being taked about are a total outrage, and they should be cold shouldered.
We always go with Thomsons from Manchester and the hand luggage always get weighed. The other info I found on there website.

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
Never EVER had hand Luggage weighed....I hope we never do!!

don

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
We fly with Thomson in june and are allowed 20kg hold luggage and 5kg hand luggage. Easyjet in september allow 20 & 10.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »
I'm with you Don on weights, and also have never had hand luggage weighed, good job as I have my cameras in that!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni