Author Topic: Cost of living in San Stefanos  (Read 24907 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of living in San Stefanos
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:04 AM »
Madge - you could never be a tight-wad - Don bought the title - Lord Tightwad - - LOL
Seriously, you should have some cash left over - so put behind the bar for us lot!!! LOL

Yes Madge as you can see by the colour of this print Tonyco1 and myself need all possible donations to keep the delectable and luscious Linda & Sandra to the style they endearingly believe they deserve..... All blame please to go to Jules (really JEWELS) & Suela who live to such an exorbitant standard and make us pale in comparison!!!
"Ain't that the truth" !!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 02:10:28 AM »
 Don & Tony, You know Jules & I like the finer things in life!!! thats why we have Roy & John :P :P :P

On a more serious note Madge as everyone has said your holiday can be as expensive or economical as you like, we like to have our breakfast on our balcony,  a snack at lunch but sometimes treat ourselves to a greek salad the The Waves
taverna on the beach.

In the evening you will be spoilt for choice as to where to eat.

Just enjoy

Sue

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 02:27:45 AM »
Don & Tony, You know Jules & I like the finer things in life!!! thats why we have Roy & John :P :P :P

On a more serious note Madge as everyone has said your holiday can be as expensive or economical as you like, we like to have our breakfast on our balcony,  a snack at lunch but sometimes treat ourselves to a greek salad the The Waves
taverna on the beach.

Just enjoy

Sue

I suspect the Rabbit was fed better at lunch Sue!!

don

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:25 AM »

taverna on the beach.

Just enjoy

Sue

Is that cos he got a lettuce leaf?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36:49 AM »

taverna on the beach.

Just enjoy

Sue

Yes - bigger than a Waves Grek salad!!! LOL (only Joking Waves!!).

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »
Hi all! New to the forum tonite. But......
Visited San Stefanos in August 1993 with my beautiful wife, although we were only lovers then, and not husband and wife as we are now!

Anyway we're coming back in June 2009, after a 16 year absence, staying at Teresa apartments on a B&B basis. In 1993 stayed at Nafsica Hotel with Thomson, which back then was only on a B&B basis, not half board as is now.

Can't wait to see the village again...has it changed much? What are the bars like? We're both 47 years old, but still young at heart. I was most impressed to read earlier today that a pint is only 2 euros. Is this correct? If so, it'll be like a blessing from above!!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
hi bb and welcome

well you have picked a nice place to stay with capt nicos
will not tell you to much and spoil your fun so you can explore san steph again but more shops and pavements and street lights will be one of the bigest changes

yes cheap beer and for outher cheap things don our cheap expert will be able to help you lol

also out there in june have a great time

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »
Visited San Stefanos in August 1993 with my beautiful wife, although we were only lovers then, and not husband and wife as we are now!

Anyway we're coming back in June 2009, after a 16 year absence, staying at Teresa apartments on a B&B basis. In 1993 stayed at Nafsica Hotel with Thomson, which back then was only on a B&B basis, not half board as is now.

Can't wait to see the village again...has it changed much? What are the bars like? We're both 47 years old, but still young at heart. I was most impressed to read earlier today that a pint is only 2 euros. Is this correct? If so, it'll be like a blessing from above!!
Welcome to this very friendly site. :)
You bet it has changed. We have only been going every year since 2000 and there has been numerous changes since then - most for the better. The Teresa B & B are very nice and you will have a great time there. The family that own it are very nice people and will help to make your stay a truly great experience. :) :) :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »

You bet it has changed. We have only been going every year since 2000 and there has been numerous changes since then - most for the better. The Teresa B & B are very nice and you will have a great time there. The family that own it are very nice people and will help to make your stay a truly great experience. :) :) :)
Hi Bristol Boy - welcome back - one thing has not changed over the years - the outlook and attitude of the local people.
However, it has grown a touch and changed just a little  - more amenities, better evening entertainment, more choice.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »

taverna on the beach.

Just enjoy

Sue

Thats a worse joke than my camel one lol :D
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 10:03:32 AM »

Hi Bristol Boy - welcome back - one thing has not changed over the years - the outlook and attitude of the local people.
However, it has grown a touch and changed just a little  - more amenities, better evening entertainment, more choice.
Lots more tavernas with more food choices as well

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »
Thank you to you all for the info and friendly welcome.
really looking forward to the 2 weeks in san stef. We arrive on Monday 15 June, flying in from Birmingham airport.

don

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
May see you as we fly in on the friday before you fly home.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 01:03:55 AM »
May see you as we fly in on the friday before you fly home.
Keep your head down - Don's after a pint I suspect!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni