Author Topic: Revolut Cards  (Read 19451 times)

Offline Emmz78

• View Profile
Revolut Cards
« on: March 10, 2023, 06:39:13 PM »
Soo it’s been a long time since we last visited San Stef, and I am reluctant to take all cash so was wondering if revolut Cards are widely accepted for payment in restaurants and bars? X

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Revolut Cards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:53:24 PM »
Soo it’s been a long time since we last visited San Stef, and I am reluctant to take all cash so was wondering if revolut Cards are widely accepted for payment in restaurants and bars? X

I would be surprised if not. Reading their forum here they have both Visa and Master Card, I know Visa was in a lot of places we went and pretty sure I seen MC. From previous discussions I suspect Halifax Clarity Card is a lot of peoples choice.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »
As waspman has pointed out many times, the Halifax Clarity Card (which is Mastercard) is excellent. I've used mine just about everywhere. We take enough cash for drinks and a bit of lunch and use the card for evening meals.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 01:02:49 PM »
As waspman has pointed out many times, the Halifax Clarity Card (which is Mastercard) is excellent. I've used mine just about everywhere. We take enough cash for drinks and a bit of lunch and use the card for evening meals.

Yes the Halifax Clarity Card is very good, it even won me a £20 bet in Ag Stef some years ago, but that's another story. Obviously tha bar owners and restauranteurs would much prefer cash for obvious reasons.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 03:11:13 PM »
I remember the bet!

Restaurants must, I believe, take payment by card if the cost is above 30 euros. And all businesses MUST take cards or face a heavy fine.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni