Author Topic: Pram Hire ?  (Read 13966 times)

Offline AnnaMac

• View Profile
Pram Hire ?
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »
Hi,

I am visiting San Stefanos for the first time in July (20th-27th) with my husband and 3 year old daughter, we are staying at the Perros Hotel and from reading all the posts on the forum the resort sounds fantastic. 

Can anyone tell me if there is any Pram hire available in San Stef ?  Our little girl doesn't use a pram anymore at home but I know on holiday she will want to be pushed about in the evenings and maybe have a sleep in it !! If we can get away with hiring one and not have the usual karting of the pram on the journey it would be ideal....

Many thanks

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Pram Hire ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »
Hi,

I am visiting San Stefanos for the first time in July (20th-27th) with my husband and 3 year old daughter, we are staying at the Perros Hotel and from reading all the posts on the forum the resort sounds fantastic. 

Can anyone tell me if there is any Pram hire available in San Stef ?  Our little girl doesn't use a pram anymore at home but I know on holiday she will want to be pushed about in the evenings and maybe have a sleep in it !! If we can get away with hiring one and not have the usual karting of the pram on the journey it would be ideal....

Many thanks
Hi AnnaMac and welcome to the forums. I have never seen anywhere that hires prams  - sorry.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:10:02 AM »
Hi,

Many thanks
Hi AnnaMac and welcome to the forums. I have never seen anywhere that hires prams  - sorry.
Hi AnnaMac - likewise we have never seen a hire of prams.
We are going in early July, so we will check it out, but doubtful. Check the forum the week before you go and I will do a report.
We are taking our 3 year old grandson and our plan is to buy a cheapie lightweight "stroller" that will also recline for sleeping.
If things get tight, we can then leave it behind.
Glen in the Aquarios Bar has a 3 year old daughter and he may have a "loaner" if you ask - I will try and find out!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

joan

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:23:42 AM »
Hi,

Many thanks

There is a pram hire shop in Sidari they do other items as well alternatively you could buy a good second hand one and leave it there or get in touch with Noula at san stef travel     steftrav@otenet.gr to see if she could arrange for one to be brought up

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:26:17 AM »
Hi,

Many thanks

There is a pram hire shop in Sidari they do other items as well alternatively you could buy a good second hand one and leave it there or get in touch with Noula at san stef travel     steftrav@otenet.gr to see if she could arrange for one to be brought up
Where in Sidari is that roughly?

Offline AnnaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your replies and help.

Cheers

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »
The place in Sidari  is called Mountain Mania if I remember correctly. It is about halfway along the 'second stretch' of the main road - you know the crossroads where the donkey used to stand ...... its on the right hand side of the next part of the road, just past the doctor's surgery.
They hire fans, prams, wheelchairs and more I think - and even crutches if you are unfortunate enough to need them! I had to get elbow crutches there last year when I broke my foot/ankle as I couldn't manage the underarm ones. The prices were reasonable. I have their card & phone number ........ somewhere !!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »
The place in Sidari  is called Mountain Mania if I remember correctly. It is about halfway along the 'second stretch' of the main road - you know the crossroads where the donkey used to stand ...... its on the right hand side of the next part of the road, just past the doctor's surgery.
They hire fans, prams, wheelchairs and more I think - and even crutches if you are unfortunate enough to need them! I had to get elbow crutches there last year when I broke my foot/ankle as I couldn't manage the underarm ones. The prices were reasonable. I have their card & phone number ........ somewhere !!
Well done for that information!!
I bet a lot of people will take that up if known in advance!!

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:26:53 PM »
Forgot to say - I think they may deliver and collect as I did see the woman from Mountain Mania in San Stef collecting a pram from some apartments/villas last year. Will be through in Sidari later this week - will check it out.

Offline AnnaMac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
Forgot to say - I think they may deliver and collect as I did see the woman from Mountain Mania in San Stef collecting a pram from some apartments/villas last year. Will be through in Sidari later this week - will check it out.

Hi Holisitca,
Thanks very much for that information, we don't fly until 20th July so if you do find out any further info it would be very much appreciated.
Enjoy your holiday.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »
You want the McLaren buggy centre No4 Papadopulous St  Stan Serafos "Formula Buggies for formula babes"

joan

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 01:46:30 AM »

Yes Holistica thats the place I mean I have only just logged  on ,been buzy tonight  the place is near the stall with allthe jokes stuff on it's been going for years

joan

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
You want the McLaren buggy centre No4 Papadopulous St  Stan Serafos "Formula Buggies for formula babes"

Sidari is nearer

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 03:26:06 AM »

Sidari is nearer
I remember the shop now, it's on the right as you go towards Corfu Town along the main street from the cross roads where MacDonalds used to be in Sidari.
It had a variety of disabled buggys as well, fans etc in the window.
Opposite from the joke shop that Mike and Debbie own (Midas Jewellers).

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni