Author Topic: Your Pet "Hates" in San Stefanos!  (Read 36075 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Your Pet "Hates" in San Stefanos!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »
One made me cringe and laugh a couple of years back,
I overheard 2 crabby ladies moaning about the Roast Beef they had chosen was not - quote, -
"Real Roast Beef with proper yorkshire pud", and how they can't eat foreign muck - so why leave England then???

I love a cup of tea still, (but could live without it), part of our holiday is the different style of food & culture.
Having something different makes the holiday!! Hard to believe some people will never try anything new!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »
I overheard 2 crabby ladies moaning about the Roast Beef they had chosen was not - quote, -
"Real Roast Beef with proper yorkshire pud", and how they can't eat foreign muck - so why leave England then???

I love a cup of tea still, (but could live without it), part of our holiday is the different style of food & culture.
Having something different makes the holiday!! Hard to believe some people will never try anything new!!

Year in year out we hear people moaning about the fact its not how we do things in England. Hey they should stay in England then ::)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:41 AM »

Year in year out we hear people moaning about the fact its not how we do things in England. Hey they should stay in England then ::)
And thanks to Gordon - a lot will have no choice now!!
But - know what you mean - I love the relaxed Greek way on Holiday!!

Patandgra

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
Retsina, the greek Marmite i suppose in that you either love or loath it, personally i love it especialy Malamatina which does not have an overpowering taste of resin like Kourtaki, and is the perfect drink to have with local food like the small black olives that you only find on Corfu.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »
the flower ladies and the guys who sell lighters, torches etc....even though there is no pressure to buy and they always move on politely if you don't, i just feel so bad about not buying and always come home with half a suitcase full of the things and the apartment has a selection of roses in various stages of decay !!!! also agree with those who have mentioned the fortune telling thingy...

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 01:57:56 AM »
I have no pet "hates" with SS.  No point in just looking for things to complain about for the sake of it - we can manage that without going on holiday! Let's talk about what we really love about SS i.e. the things that make us go back every year. This is much more of a positive note to get us all in the mood for the summer.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 04:48:32 AM »
I have no pet "hates" with SS.  No point in just looking for things to complain about for the sake of it - we can manage that without going on holiday! Let's talk about what we really love about SS i.e. the things that make us go back every year. This is much more of a positive note to get us all in the mood for the summer.
Hi Montagum, good point, but it's not really complaining is it?
As nothing in life is perfect, even on the best holidays you get the ''niggle'' over something big or small,
so this in a way is a positive thing, it's a chuckle at the silliness of some of the things we see, hear or experience,
and some of the above really made me laugh, especially Don's earlier one, as we have all had that sometime.
The previous one about the lighters scam, made me smile, it's part of the holiday and it helps to bring the memories back!

None of us would keep returning if we didn't all love the place anyway.
Also in a forum, you have to have a bit of balance, posi & negi!!
But I have heard nothing that really negative or would put anyone off - have you?
I know I am looking forward to our holiday in July, this year & can tell you are too - when are you going?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:54:23 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »
the flower ladies and the guys who sell lighters, torches etc....even though there is no pressure to buy and they always move on politely if you don't, i just feel so bad about not buying and always come home with half a suitcase full of the things and the apartment has a selection of roses in various stages of decay !!!! also agree with those who have mentioned the fortune telling thingy...

have to admit I'm a soft touch for the deaf and dumb guys who sell the lighters and torches etc, but I never buy from the flower ladies

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Have i been in dfferent place to you guys !!!!   ???

i have never yet seen anybody selling said lighters etc or any flower ladies !!!!!

Only saw one guy that seemed to walk the beach and all the hotels trying to sell sunglasses and DVD's, though i didn't see him sell any !!!!

Maybe these people only come out in the height of the season. I am usually there at beginning and end of season.

I have no pet hates, i just love everything about it !!!!!   :D

Sarah H xx

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
I have had them both
May and September, but they do not cause any hassle.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:08 PM »
My Pet hate is Jimmy pulling up outside the apartment in his car to take us to the Airport to catch the plane home :'( :'(
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 01:22:06 AM »
We to have seen the "deaf and dumb" man with his various lighters and also the gypsy type woman with the flowers. She seems to get chauffeured about. Have also seen small children with the flowers as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:14 AM »
We to have seen the "deaf and dumb" man with his various lighters and also the gypsy type woman with the flowers. She seems to get chauffeured about. Have also seen small children with the flowers as well.
You know - I may be cynical - but I sometimes wonder if they are really deaf & Dumb, or is it a selling technique?
Surely there can't be that many young D&D men around in so many Holiday resorts at the same time, makes you think!
I have seen the same thing in almost every holiday resort I have ever stayed in!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
You know - I may be cynical - but I sometimes wonder if they are really deaf & Dumb, or is it a selling technique?
Surely there can't be that many young D&D men around in so many Holiday resorts at the same time, makes you think!
I have seen the same thing in almost every holiday resort I have ever stayed in!!
We also wonder if he is deaf and dumb as it seems to be a different one evry year lol!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
We also wonder if he is deaf and dumb as it seems to be a different one evry year lol!!!
In fact we had three different ones in one evening on a Sat night last year - -LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni